Day 3 and I STILL... CAN'T... ACCESS... EPISODE 3... ON PS5. Some sort of response, please.

I was supposed to be able to play Chapter 3 on PS5 on Thursday. It is now Saturday, with no fix in sight. The help page provided by Telltale solves nothing.

The option to download Episode 3 on The Expanse PS5 page and store page is there, but when I try to do it "Something went wrong" WS-116483-4 error.

Managing game content doesn't work, because the game says I have no game content to manage.

I can't download Episode 3 from in the game. It gives me the option to access the PlayStation store, but it says the content isn't available.

Resuming my playthrough doesn't help. It takes me back to the beginning of Episode 2.

Deleting and redownloading the game doesn't help.

I paid for this game, I expect to be able to play it. Some official response -- at very least a "Hey, we're working on this" would be appreciated.

Comments

• Did you contact support? Or just use the helpsection

• edited August 2023

Same problem here. I contacted support and they told me the manage data thing but that doesn't work and haven't responded since.

• Yup. Was pretty much just directed toward the solutions they've already put forward in the help page.

captainivy1 posted: »

Did you contact support? Or just use the helpsection

• Damn thats annoying. Id just recommend probably asking them on twitter every post they make until they get off their asses.

• I'm on PS5 version, I just downloaded from Manage Add-ons. Then launched the game and ep3 was available. The games pretty small, maybe delete and re-download. I'm on the standard version, but that's another story

• I found episode 3: "Manage Game Content" -> Add-ons

• Still can't access it on my PS5. I was able to download on my PS4 and there it shows the option to "purchase" episode 2 and 3 for "free" but this means I need to play through the whole thing again... Also I don't want to be stuck without the platinum on PS5. Telltale support asked me to delete and install again... this didn't work.

• If it helps anyone - I had this exact problem on the pre-ordered deluxe edition on PS5 (using the PS5 version). Episode 2 completed, clicked the link to download Episode 3, Error message about content not being available.

After trying a few things, I checked the Playstation App on my phone. Clicking through to the Expanse game, then clicking the slider to 'Add-ons', the Episodes 2 and 3 are listed. Click on Episode 3, then Download to Console.

The Episode is now downloaded and ready to play.

• I was able to do that for the PS4 version, but it's still showing as unavailable for the PS5 version, so weird.

If it helps anyone - I had this exact problem on the pre-ordered deluxe edition on PS5 (using the PS5 version). Episode 2 completed, clicke

• Well, Episode 4 is out now... and I still can't download Episode 3. This is beyond absurd. This is just a basic issue with the PS5 store -- an easy fix, and they just can't be bothered.

• yeah definitely annoying. I caved and downloaded the PS4 version on my PS5 instead and replayed the first 2 episodes to get to play episode 3 and was able to download and beat episode 4 on PS4 no problem as well. Looks like it's just something messed up with the PS5 version as I still can't download any episodes for that

SMonroe posted: »

Well, Episode 4 is out now... and I still can't download Episode 3. This is beyond absurd. This is just a basic issue with the PS5 store -- an easy fix, and they just can't be bothered.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.