Sam & Max: Episode 2 anticipation thread

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
So most of us already beat episode 1 and are pretty satistified with what they have paid for. Our heroic duo stopped the wash-out former celebrity from hypotizing the world to worship him in episode 1. I am hoping that in episode 2 is where there's a main plot to this "season" of Sam & Max, something big and has a continuity all the way to episode 6.

At the same time, each episode has a sub-plot for us to solve and fill as if we have complete the segment of the game, for the time being.

Also, maybe more reference to some of the previous characters from Sam & Max: Hit The Road (like the poster of Harry Moleman at Brady's hide-out) would be good also, give the veterans that the Sam & Max world is all connected.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    About the references to Hit The Road, I'd say I wouldn't like an abuse.
    I mean, a few are ok and make us smile, but I think Telltale proved that a new period has begun for adventure games, so there's no need to be too nostalgic :)
    Anyway! The "main plot linking every episode" is another great idea.
    Honestly, I'd be enthusiastic as well even if each episode had nothing to do with the other, since the quality of their work (speaking about ep.1, obviously) is really high, even more than I imagined.
    But if they have the genius to follow this super-plot, WITHOUT FORCING THINGS, then bring it on, it's even better:D
  • edited November 2006
    I anticipate Sam & Max 2 along with other new adventure games from Telltale Games.

Maybe Grim Fandango 2? Full Throttle? Maybe a Lucasarts takeover with a long slow dismantling and soul crushing with decreasing quality and increasing beuracracy?

YES!
  • edited November 2006
    YES! YES! + MI 5 or MI 3b :D
    dunkpork wrote: »
    I anticipate Sam & Max 2 along with other new adventure games from Telltale Games.

Maybe Grim Fandango 2? Full Throttle? Maybe a Lucasarts takeover with a long slow dismantling and soul crushing with decreasing quality and increasing beuracracy?

YES!
  • edited November 2006
    Oh brother. :P

--Erwin
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Bad Timing: Episode 1

eh? eh?
  • edited November 2006
    No need to be nostalgic?
    *beats you senseless with his large collection of 80's cartoon DVDs*

I love nostalgia. I think its really great to have in jokes that you will only get if you know what its referencing. Which is probably why I love Family Guy and the Discworld novels.
  • edited November 2006
    I agree that too much references is not great. Why ? because even if a moleman and a tap-headed guy are funny things, Telltale can't survive with games understable only by a very reduced part of gamers that have played adventures games 13 years ago ;) It would warm our hearts up, but also closing too many doors. Bigfoot stories are past, but it could be great to meet these strange people again, in another context, with only a sentence about past, and a whole bunch for the current episode ^^ Sam&Max's original game was so funny, I acknowledge that I would like to meet again this guy twisting tools, in another context. It could be about all lucasarts adventure games, just like grim fandango was introduced in Curse of Monkey Island (in the restaurant), we could see sometimes statues of tentacles or I don't know, a phone number to have an horoscope by Lady Vaudoo :P but it must be details, not the mainline.

I'm curious about if we will see lots of new places, or if it will be most of the time new actions in the same background...

About the BIG plot, it would be great, but it's only the cherry on the top of the cake ^^

Oh yes, I was thinking of Grim Fandango, it was by episodes since the beginning (different years)... aaaah I want to dream again ^^

[and sorry for my bad english ^^]
  • edited November 2006
    I hope we get to see Flint Paper in one of the upcoming episodes.

And it would be cool to have a launcher for the season when it's finished.
  • edited November 2006
    I'd like to know what happened to the old car. I loved that thing. And considering it has been shot at with rockets, driven through walls, driven under the sea, had its exhaust filled with matches so it could be flown to the moon and been used to run over all manner of other vehicles, I can only begin to imagine how it was eventually beaten. And it CONSUMES me.
  • edited November 2006
    Yohmi wrote: »
    I acknowledge that I would like to meet again this guy twisting tools, in another context.

How about this context?
  • edited November 2006
    I'd like to know what happened to the old car. I loved that thing. And considering it has been shot at with rockets, driven through walls, driven under the sea, had its exhaust filled with matches so it could be flown to the moon and been used to run over all manner of other vehicles, I can only begin to imagine how it was eventually beaten. And it CONSUMES me.

Hey, he said he was sorry.
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Hey, he said he was sorry.

i could only imagine that in the end, it was something like max ate it. makes sense to me, only thing that could take it down.
  • edited November 2006
    If they make it anything close to EPISODE 1, I'm happy.

First I was so keen they get it as close to HTR as possible. Now I don;t care about that anymore, and want it to be like CULTURE SHOCK already.

Sigh. I guess I'm just more secure with the familiar. Though the voices in HTR were untrumpable. Now I like Culture Shock's new voices even more.

Forgive me, for I have doubted.

I have yet to see what EPISODE 2: CHEESE & BOVRIL SANDWICH has in store.
  • edited November 2006
    Lazerus101 wrote: »
    No need to be nostalgic?
    *beats you senseless with his large collection of 80's cartoon DVDs*

I love nostalgia. I think its really great to have in jokes that you will only get if you know what its referencing. Which is probably why I love Family Guy and the Discworld novels.

The Discworld isn't nostalgic! What are you talking about?
  • edited November 2006
    I just hope that its as good as the 1st one!
  • edited November 2006
    contrary to what you guys see, alot of people i find have played the original sam nmax or at least have seen the tv show that used to air on fox. i think the fanbase is bigger than u think, but since this game is exclusive to internet users who can get the game validated, everyone else is left out in the dust.

there are still alot of people who don't even have internet and/or old computers.
    maybe one day i can fill that position for art director here and make tell tale enough capital to actually release a full length adventure game. and then maybe grim fandango 2 will be a reality.

or sam n max 3: the battle of Bumpus Conroy Hairpiece's aborted baby.. dun dun dun......
    follow the dynamic duo as they peruse the snuckeys for more ripoffs of modern games like GTA, or counterstrike, and then go visit the places such as the white house, a giant cathodor, and a menagerie of other useless things.
  • edited November 2006
    the next episode is in december, right?
  • edited November 2006
    Maratanos wrote: »
    The Discworld isn't nostalgic! What are you talking about?
    I believe he was talking about the many references in the Discworld novels.
  • edited November 2006

No, January. :mad:
  • edited November 2006

Beginning of December/End of November I believe!
  • edited November 2006
    its January

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • edited November 2006
    December 21st for those with GameTap...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    It's both! Mid-December on GameTap, early January on Telltalegames.com.
  • edited November 2006
    Jake wrote: »
    It's both! Mid-December on GameTap, early January on Telltalegames.com.

Early January on Telltalegames.com?!? You guys broke your promise on ONE EPISODE PER MONTH! Feel the NERD RAGE! :mad:
  • edited November 2006
    If you find any official statement / release from Telltale, you'll see that this release schedule (2 month gap between episodes 1 & 2, one month gap for subsequent episodes) has been known right from the start.
  • edited November 2006
    Indeed.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    I guess you guys didn't detect my INTERWEB sarcasm.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.