In-jokes and Easter eggs

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
So, who's spotted what insofar as in-jokes and Easter Eggs?

The ones I've seen/heard are...
  • Request for Autograph on Max's bottom made out to Squinky
  • The Freelance Police cancellation date on the box of files and post-it note on the desk.
  • Possum Kid (Bone) Roadkill calendar.
  • Mention of vegetables shaped like Naturalists (Hit the Road)
  • Max exclaiming "For Meeeee?" just like Stimpy from Ren & Stimpy.
  • That's the Second Biggest 'Relax' sign... (LucasArts adventures, MI in particular)
  • Jessie James hand (Hit the Road)
  • Moleman poster at old cinema (Hit the Road)
  • Bosco mentioning "Telltale" (though getting cut off) as he lists who he thinks is involved in the conspiracy.

They're a few off the top of my head. Anyone else...?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    human enigma poster
  • edited November 2006
    Max hand-puppet in the office - I lol'd. (Seen in the comic book and one of the TV episodes, I think)
  • edited November 2006
    Can ya reference where these things were first seen if they're from another game / TV show / comic etc?
  • edited November 2006
    picture on the wall of sam and max on the moon with paper bags on their heads(from comic bad day on the moon)
  • edited November 2006
    There's a "The Human Enigma" poster near the Max puppet on the bulletin board, which I assume is a Hit the Road reference unless it was also in the comics. (dang, you beat me to it)
    I did like the "Tellta-" joke in Bosco's rant, but I think "LucasA-" might have been funnier.
    Speaking of Bosco, I think the whole premise of his paranoia is a nice continuation of his being constantly robbed, as alluded to in Hit the Road.

Also, you never really get a good look at it in-game, but there's a drawing on the wall of "Flint P," which refers to Sam and Max's neighbor from the comics, also mentioned (but not shown) in HtR.
  • edited November 2006
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Also, you never really get a good look at it in-game, but there's a drawing on the wall of "Flint P," which refers to Sam and Max's neighbor from the comics, also mentioned (but not shown) in HtR.

Oh, THAT'S what it says! For some reason I really couldn't read it ingame XD It looked like one word ending in D to me...
  • edited November 2006
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    There's a "The Human Enigma" poster near the Max puppet on the bulletin board, which I assume is a Hit the Road reference unless it was also in the comics. (dang, you beat me to it)
    I did like the "Tellta-" joke in Bosco's rant, but I think "LucasA-" might have been funnier.
    Speaking of Bosco, I think the whole premise of his paranoia is a nice continuation of his being constantly robbed, as alluded to in Hit the Road.

If they put "LucasA-" they would have probably been sued :p
  • edited November 2006
    The bigfoot pass under the tv? you can see it clearly when you look at maxs desk. I think this was in hit the road. Also the ant farm, thats not really an easter egg its just still there since last time.

Just started playing through again and March the 3rd 2004 is scrawled on a piece of paper that you can see when jimmy the rat is on the desk...
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    No one's yet called out my favorite easter egg.
  • edited November 2006
    The lamp on the office desk is great...
  • edited November 2006
    Also the ant farm, thats not really an easter egg its just still there since last time.

Actually, if continuity is preserved, it's a roach farm
  • edited November 2006
    Heatherlee wrote: »
    No one's yet called out my favorite easter egg.

heather_vs_sybil.jpg

:p
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    My favourite easter egg was first, so nyah.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Ackkk!

I just remembered I have a long list of easter eggy things that Brendan helped me put together. I meant to put it up on Wednesday and completely forgot.

Okay, I'll dig it out of my email...
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, you should wait a couple of days at least and see what we can all find first!
  • edited November 2006
    dont reveal the easter eggs! then its no longer an easter egg :p

I did like how brendan was listed as one of the telltale pets in the credits :D :D
  • edited November 2006
    Brady says "I am rubber, you are glue". I know it's a common playground rhyme, though Guybrush's use of it (and subsequent in-jokes using the line in other LEC adventures) springs to mind.
  • edited November 2006
    Was the semaphore signals one of the in jokes from the programmers?
    oh wait maybe maxx was refering to signals with actual flags....
  • edited November 2006
    Is it just me, or did one track contain a track from Jack Johnson? I found it with the Telltale Music Extractor.

Hope you won't get sued! That would ruin my year..
  • edited November 2006
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did one track contain a track from Jack Johnson? I found it with the Telltale Music Extractor.

Hope you won't get sued! That would ruin my year..

Which track?
  • edited November 2006
    I mean, it's in The Great Cow Race, track's name is mus_TavernKitchen. Better get rid of that, when you are upgrading the Bone games.

It's the track Mudfootball from his album In Between Dreams. Maybe got in there by an accident
  • edited November 2006
    If ask Whizzer enough times to sing the Soda Poppers theme song he'll eventually do so.
  • edited November 2006
    jannar85 wrote: »
    I mean, it's in The Great Cow Race, track's name is mus_TavernKitchen. Better get rid of that, when you are upgrading the Bone games.

It's the track Mudfootball from his album In Between Dreams. Maybe got in there by an accident

I've found that song too, a while ago, while I was trying to compile a "complete" soundtrack for Cow Race. I wondered why it wasn't in the game, and since I didn't know the song, I assumed that it was actually done and sung by Jared (after all he DID sing in one of the other tracks).
  • edited November 2006
    if you pull out your gun and shoot the one way sign in the street outside sam and max's office theres a car crash noise
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Ackkk!

I just remembered I have a long list of easter eggy things that Brendan helped me put together. I meant to put it up on Wednesday and completely forgot.

Okay, I'll dig it out of my email...

Shhh... we're not ready yet!
  • edited November 2006
    jp-30 wrote: »
    heather_vs_sybil.jpg

:p

Ohmygod... someone dressed up as Sybil for Halloween! :D
  • edited November 2006
    Hey tabacco, you got the info about the Jack Johnson track?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    It wasn't intentional. :p
  • edited November 2006
    The hardware store is called Leftys, Could it be Leftys from Leisure Suit Larry??
Sign in to comment in this discussion.