How long did it take you to finish Episode 1?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
How long did it take you to finish the game!?

For me.. It was about 3 hours... This included all the time I spent exploring all of the dialog trees, pulling over a whole bunch of cars needlessly, and shooting everything possible throughout the game... I also had to restart twice due to the game crashing...

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I think I spent somewhere between 3 and 4 hours, exploring the (small) world and diving deep into the dialogs.
  • edited November 2006
    place wrote: »
    I think I spent somewhere between 3 and 4 hours, exploring the (small) world and diving deep into the dialogs.

Oops.. I screwed up the poll... Didn't include 3-4 hours... Can't figure out a way to edit it...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    ken830 wrote: »
    Oops.. I screwed up the poll... Didn't include 3-4 hours... Can't figure out a way to edit it...

Fixed it for you.
  • edited November 2006
    For the record, it took me about 3-4 hours the first time I played through.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    I guess I'd have to say a little under three years.... :)
  • edited November 2006
    Kevin wrote: »

:D :D :D :D
  • edited November 2006
    Rather horrendously it took me just under 2 hours and that was WITH clicking random stuff.

I personally found the puzzles patronisingly obvious to solve and shallow as a pool of gnats urine.
  • edited November 2006
    Kevin wrote: »

*snickers*

That's what I thought this thread was about when I clicked it. But oddly enough, the low hour length is encouraging me to buy this. Between Scurge: Hive and Final Fantasy XII, I was unsure if I would have time, especially since I wanted to create a detailed breakdown of the game's design. But three or so hours? I can handle that.

Now, I just need to haul in someone who has a credit card...
  • edited November 2006
    3 beautifull hours. No crashing. It ran like a dream. Awesome game. Adventure game has a reason to live on!
  • edited November 2006
    3-4 hours, while listening to all dialogue options and clicking on everything. Beautiful game. There are bumps, here or there, that I hope are worked out as the series progresses, but overall much fun.
  • edited November 2006
    3-4 hours. But I'm going to replay it again tonight. Then again and again...
  • edited November 2006
    it's hard to take 2-3 hours and spread it over as many days as possible. so yeah, i could only take it as far as one whole day. 13 years sober like everyone else, but once I get the fix, gotta use it all. alright, back to playing!
  • edited November 2006
    Not that i was timekeeping, but it felt in the 3 to 4 hour range. The Culture dream and the very last puzzle had me, uh, puzzled for a bit. Quite enjoyable though!
  • edited November 2006
    3-4 hours. Excellent price/playtime calculation imho!
  • edited November 2006
    briankory wrote: »
    No crashing. It ran like a dream.

Ran fine for me too. I got through it between 2 and 3 hours, which is good for me as I have little free time!:D
  • edited November 2006
    Nemisi wrote: »
    3-4 hours. Excellent price/playtime calculation imho!

i don't agree. it took me just under two hours with clicking on everything and trying all dialog combos. puzzles were SO easy it was shocking. i hope that the rest of the episodes will be much better (longer and harder). i hope my prepay will pay off in the long run although if the next episode is also at the novice level i will be most disappointed.

nice game but way too short/easy.
  • edited November 2006
    Almost three hours, and I loved every minute of it. I didn't get really stuck (which I think is a positive point), though the psycho analysis puzzle had me stumped for a little while.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    On my replay, I had a lot of trouble with the fame bit (I had money the first time)... They just didn't stand out as much.
  • edited November 2006
    6 hours total..
    but maybe also cause i sat around just listening tothe music cause it was so good.
  • edited November 2006
    dk101 wrote: »
    i don't agree. it took me just under two hours with clicking on everything and trying all dialog combos. puzzles were SO easy it was shocking. i hope that the rest of the episodes will be much better (longer and harder). i hope my prepay will pay off in the long run although if the next episode is also at the novice level i will be most disappointed.

nice game but way too short/easy.

Wow someone the same as me, Also from the UK I note.
    I personally found most of the "Puzzles" to be total no brainers I could have clicked my way through in my sleep.
    The solutions were just too obvious.
  • edited November 2006
    3-4 hours for me. I really enjoyed going through every little snip of dialogue i could find. And also, just doing random stuff, provoking some hillarious remarks from both Sam & Max.
    The overall game design is very well done if you ask me, and it definitely lives up to Hit & Run.
    Some of the puzzles was a little bit too straight forward, but then again, i found the Hit & Run puzzles to be far too cryptic and impossible to figure out using logics.

To me Culture Shock is as close to perfection as it can be. A little bit harder puzzles would make it perfect, and inventory mixing would help a lot there. Actually, that's probably the only thing it needs to get there.

Congratulations on a job well done Telltale!
  • edited November 2006
    Took me 5 hours. I don't think it's as easy as everybody tells imo.
  • edited November 2006
    I got it today around noon. beat it by about 4 (took some breaks during it)
    Just kinda ran through it though. So I'm gonna go through again.
    Very happy with the game.
    Didn't think it was TOO easy, but I expect the later episodes to get more difficult. I'm looking forward to episode 2
  • edited November 2006
    4 to 5 hours. But I wasted quite some time getting psychoanalyzed by Sybil without having been given a clue as to what the point of it was. Sort of like in real life.

The size is perfect for people like me with little time available to play games :) Yet at the same time I'm still not sure if I'll be getting each episode as they come out and wait for the full season.

Ok, on review of the "get full season" option in the store, and the possibility of getting it on cd, which is sort of what it's all about for me, it looks like that's definitely the most interesting buy.

Just wondering: is there any shipping cost info available somewhere?
  • edited November 2006
    Ditto as Chapel, I would like there to be some sort of "learning curve", perhaps make the puzzles require a bit more abstract thinking each episode, I did feel a bit "guided" through most of the game. Thorougly enjoyed it though.
  • VogVog
    edited November 2006
    Lazerus101 wrote: »
    Wow someone the same as me, Also from the UK I note.
    I personally found most of the "Puzzles" to be total no brainers I could have clicked my way through in my sleep.
    The solutions were just too obvious.

Right, right. Something under 2 hours (guess 1h and 50 or 55min). Could be just too easy for "old" Adventure Gamers. Of course I'm just 17 but play adventures since I have learned to speak :D .
  • edited November 2006
    I reckon 3-4 but i spread it out over a couple of nights.
  • edited November 2006
    I'd say it took me about 6-7 hours of actual playtime, but I spread it over a period of 3 or 4 days, playing in the evening.
  • edited November 2006
    Well, it took me about 2 "entire" days to finish, but I was playing part-time and I didn't really rush. I was enjoying the new 3D graphics, sound, music and general atmosphere too much I guess.
  • edited November 2006
    I think I was right on the cusp of the choices -- it took me about five or five and a half hours, but that was because I got stuck on one of the puzzles for a while. If you subtract out the time I wandered around not knowing what to do for that puzzle before figuring it out, I think the rest of the game took about three hours.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.