Telltale Im sorry . I loved it and Im not being fair.

edited December 2006 in Sam & Max
You guys are the greatest. I'll support you guys. Im going to buy this game the next one and the next. You guys are underdogs and I havent considered the nasty expenses and stress you have all been dealing with.

The story was awesome

The comedy was genius

The characters were well protrayed and connected with the originalls.

The voices were perfect

The added stuff like hitting max and throwing him in the air was genius

This game was pure gold even though it didnt take me long it was still fun to play out.

I LOVE YOU TELLTALE!!!

stallone-sylvester-rocky-arms-3700761.jpg

TELLTALE EYE OF THE TIGER , GO FOR IT!!!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Totally agree.
    I don't get all those critics (luckily a few)!
    Your game was PERFECT.
    And even the voices were as well, in spite of all that mess that happened against those poor voice actors, they were great.
    Yes, now people will stop comparing Telltale with LucasArts and saying "you're getting closer and closer to the old classics but you're missing something".
    You definitely reached those quality levels, and this is just the beginning.
    Keep up the great work:D
  • edited November 2006
    The game was great and all, but i was a big big fan of the original. Only thing that messes with me is the voices really. the game was awsome and stuff, i even tried to like the show, but still the voices. i loved Hit the Road, and i still play it thanks to the SCUMMVM. its always the voices.
  • edited November 2006
    I liked it too. Sure the voices aren't the same but it didn't bother me as much as I originally thought it would. I think the voice actors did a good job. Its great to have Sam & Max back. Keep them coming!
  • edited November 2006
    I think the game is wonderful and I'm (like all you others, I hope) very much looking forward to the rest of the season.
  • edited November 2006
    I've read a very interesting comment in IGN's review:
    Here's a title that's done the seemingly impossible: faithfully updating a beloved franchise while creating something that feels entirely fresh and original.

I think that's the point. The characters are the same, the approach is different, evolving - and THAT'S Lucasarts tradition at its best: listening to the fans without relying entirely on "what the games are supposed to be". Think about Loom, Full Throttle and the way those games experimented with interactive narrative. Think about the direct-control induced puzzles of Grim Fandango or the creative and various interaction of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The Telltale team is continuing that tradition of innovation and...research.
    The puzzles are easy, but they fit the plot in the best way possible and the game-design is extremely well-crafted. I've just realized that when I was playing I constantly used my brain to overcome the obstacles but I've NEVER heard the infamous "I don't think it will work". I.e. : I didn't use the "use-everything-with-everything-else" technique! Man, I think that's an incredible achievement, considering that the game is zany and wacky!
  • edited December 2006
    Totally agree with you guys! This game is teh bomb!
  • edited December 2006
    It's been so long since I played 'Hit The Road' that I don't even remember the original voices. Therefore, I have no issues with the voices now.

Great game. I can't wait for #2 in January.
  • edited December 2006
    I STILL think a lot of the humour falls flat. Not enough wit, charm or balls to the wallsness.
  • edited December 2006
    Lazerus: Are you talking about Episode 2 now? Because if you're talking about episode 1, why would it be special that your opinion hasn't changed?
  • edited December 2006
    numble wrote: »
    Lazerus: Are you talking about Episode 2 now? Because if you're talking about episode 1, why would it be special that your opinion hasn't changed?

Because, had you payed attention to the title of this very thread, it's at the top, i'll wait while you go look....

The poster was apologising to Telltale saying he wasnt being fair, from this we can understand that said poster had been criticising Telltale. Much as I have, though I will also admit I have not recently pointed out what it was that I did like about Ep 1. And there were about as many things I liked as I didn't, the reason I point out what it was I disliked is that I have some glimmer of hope that Telltale will improve upon the good work they did in future episodes. What I don't want to see is Telltale wasting one of the major benefits of the episodic model and seeing no improvement. I however stand by the criticisms that I have made as much as I stand by what I have lauded.
  • edited December 2006
    Lazerus101 wrote: »
    Because, had you payed attention to the title of this very thread, it's at the top, i'll wait while you go look....

The poster was apologising to Telltale saying he wasnt being fair, from this we can understand that said poster had been criticising Telltale. Much as I have, though I will also admit I have not recently pointed out what it was that I did like about Ep 1. And there were about as many things I liked as I didn't, the reason I point out what it was I disliked is that I have some glimmer of hope that Telltale will improve upon the good work they did in future episodes. What I don't want to see is Telltale wasting one of the major benefits of the episodic model and seeing no improvement. I however stand by the criticisms that I have made as much as I stand by what I have lauded.

Well, given that it was nearly 2 months since the original post, and that there are now people talking about Episode 2, I was sort of confused.

I guess my confusion comes from the usage of the word "STILL," emphasizing that you haven't changed your opinion. I guess I find it kind of pointless to jump in and say "I STILL think this"... if you were talking about Episode 2, that would be fair, but belaboring the point without adding anything new, and not replying to anybody in particular, doesn't really make sense, at least to me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.