Suggestions for season 2

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
After sleeping of the experience of playing Sam&Max again I was wondering if you guys would have some suggestions for TellTale of stuff to include in season 2. My personal suggestions would be:

1: A storyline with multiple possible paths and maybe even 2 or more alternate endings. It would be really cool to know that choices you make would reflect on the storyline and that you could replay the game to explore a different path with a possible alternate ending. This would imho really increase the replayability of the episodes and would push the standards of adventure gaming a bit. For example you could split up Sam & Max and let the player choose with whom to solve the puzzle or just let the story allow you to play as max every once in a while.

2: Little mini action games starring Sam&Max as little bonus games you can play to just waste 5 or 10 minutes.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Season two? :eek:

Let us finish season 1 first! :D

Good suggestions though. I think it would be fun to switch between Sam & Max. Maybe they'd be in different locations and could communicate via walkie talkie?
  • edited November 2006
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK>

Sam and MAx kind of travel together . They live together. Like in the game when they were apart Sam went insane and saw max every where that he wasnt.

You should be able to use sam with objects though . Use him like a weapon of destruction or a can opener.

What ever you guys do Im sure it will be great.
  • edited November 2006
    Max FPS.

Max goes psycho. You control his terror rampage.

Produces some result, such as solving a puzzle or getting an item.
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »

Good suggestions though. I think it would be fun to switch between Sam & Max. Maybe they'd be in different locations and could communicate via walkie talkie?

Well I figured you guys would have pretty much season 1 planned out and penned down already, and I sure as hell hope the series will be a massive success and we will indeed see a second, thrid, fourth and fifth season :D

I like the walkie talkie idea, I think the jokes for those communications would basicly write themselfs. ;) Oh and I would love to see Sam send Max back in time in the 70s, Max with a fro would looks too cool and they would have to work together to solve the case and Max's madness would leave lots of options for funnie changes in the current time. Kinda like in DOT2 just with more madness and mayhem :D
  • edited November 2006
    yes, let us USE max again
    i always loved in the original when sam would just grab max by the ears and throw him at stuff to get "max' input"
    or the action would cause max to use the chosen object or talk to a character instead of default sam
    or would atleast offer some obscure comment
    i really enjoyed ep1, but it is way overly simplified by having just one default "use" action that does everything
  • edited November 2006
    As much as I love the DeSoto, seeing that "El" train in the background of some Culture Shock scenes makes me think of some interesting possibilities. Think of all the "interesting" folk you can meet on the train, and Sam's reaction to taking the train, with his seeming dislike of public facilities, should be worth a laugh or two. And a climactic sequence--or even just a hilarious midgame one--can always take place on top of said train.

Now I feel like my ideas are starting to feel a little too much like "The Last Express," but that really wasn't what I intended to when I first started thinking... just a coincidence.

Now what would force the duo to take public transit besides an environmentally-friendly desire to de-yellow their dirty sky? It could be part of a case, or maybe the DeSoto is getting fixed up at the garage after it's adventure at Niagara Falls in the previous episode (and hey, interesting mechanic-type characters are doable), or maybe it was swallowed by Jimmy Two Teeth. If there were a subway, perhaps its the only way to visit certain friends living "underground."
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »

No, no sleep for you. You are to start season 2 now! and seasons 3-12 you may start in a month.

If you can control each of the characters in Bone, I reckon the same sort of approach could work in Sam and Max. As Sam you rely on street smarts, ingenuity, wise-talkin', and a really big gun. As Max you rely on your luger (He still has that right? Somewhere...) and his unsettling ability to unhinge his lower jaw. Senseless violence ahoy!
  • edited November 2006
    I always wonder where Max stores things like his Luger.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.