Bought it and played it! I disagree I think its perfect

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
AWESOME JOB!!! AWESOME GAME!!!

This is only an episode. For only 8 dollars. Im going to buy every single one of these games . My brother and I realy enjoyed the game. It may have been easy but I spent a good 3 hours on the game. I enjoyed every single momment of it. If this was a combination of episodes all in one game none of you would complain about the level of difficulty. How hard do you want an episode to be!!!? I think its perfect,

I realy enjoyed it and I wouldnt change a thing as far as Lucas arts is considered they can step aside. This was an excellent game and lucas arts isnt capable of adventure games of this humour , originality and brillance anymore.

Telltale I take my hat off to you.

I loved the dream and ink plots and all that. GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

Anyone else think it was perfect? I mean seriously its just an episode if the whole season was in one release no one would complain about the level of difficulty here . I loved the game. A lot of fun.

FUNNY GAME I havent laughed like that since Monkey island . GOOD TIMES!!!

I LOVE YOU TELLTALE!!!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I havent finished it yet, i purchased Episode 1 as of today. Its great so far, even if its not that long, the money is well spent. Good Voice Acting and Character Animations all the way. Its good to see games concentrating on gameplay instead high end gfx being made. Dont complain about the difficulty, it for sure will get harder as the episodes advance.

But dont forget that nothing is perfect. If Culture Shock would be, there would be no room for improvement which would be a shame.

The Episodic Format gives the coders time to implent ideas and concentrate on one episode after another.

I´ll continue to support this game with my money.

Regards
  • edited November 2006
    YAY! :D Cheapo marketing techniques really work! It costs $8.95, but people still round it to 8 dollars, not 9.
  • edited November 2006
    I too really enjoyed this game (or episode 1). It was laugh out loud and fun all the way. I did get stuck along the way (knocking out Specs and getting Max from the ceiling in the dream) but completed it without resorting to an FAQ (my usual strategy for point and click adventures!). I also really like the episodic approach. As a Med Student I have only small amounts of free time to play and a stack of games to play through! Giving Culture Shock the 2-3 hours it took me to finish over 3 nights was just about right. Now I can move on to pastures new (and hopefully some revision - exams coming up - Aaggghhh :eek: ) and look forward to Ep. 2 in the new year.

Good job Telltale games. Sam & Max are back! Wohoo!

:) "My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas":)
  • edited November 2006
    YAY! Cheapo marketing techniques really work!

Whoa, don´t you think you are underestimating the people here a bit? I very well know how much i have paid and it was well worth it. Being a long time adventure gamer i just had to, even if the puzzles are easy, it´s Sam and Max damnit.

Of course there is room for improvement, proper testing (Bugs: [memory leaks,missing Animations]) and harder puzzles comes to mind, but i´ll bear with the coders to fix that up right.
  • edited November 2006
    I think he was just referring to an $8.95 purchase being referred to by a consumer as an $8 spend rather than a $9 one. Marketing 101... ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Of course but now that´s not something really new isn´t it? This Marketing Technique is used all over. Oh my gosh look Sam it has already got a looong beard. ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Stoney wrote: »
    Whoa, don´t you think you are underestimating the people here a bit? I very well know how much i have paid and it was well worth it. Being a long time adventure gamer i just had to, even if the puzzles are easy, it´s Sam and Max damnit.

Of course there is room for improvement, proper testing (Bugs: [memory leaks,missing Animations]) and harder puzzles comes to mind, but i´ll bear with the coders to fix that up right.

Don't get me wrong here, I wasn't saying ANYTHING bad about the game (or anybody who bought it). I was just commenting on the fact that he said it cost $8, even though it's effectively $9.

I loved the game, though
  • edited November 2006
    with the exception of cel shading, still i know it's expensive to implement it into an engine, can't u guys just buy some other companie's engine.

look at naruto for ps2. or okami. aaiiieee.
  • edited November 2006
    As a Med Student I have only small amounts of free time to play and a stack of games to play through! Giving Culture Shock the 2-3 hours it took me to finish over 3 nights was just about right.

I completely know what you mean, although I don't have quite as much work as you I'm sure (just a lowly physics grad), a 2-3 hour game is actually fairly optimal to me. I sit down, and don't worry about not being able to play for two weeks and loosing the momentum of playing the game (in which case I sometimes never finish it). The puzzles are fairly easy, but I don't have the time anymore to think about a puzzle for a few days.

I also have a counter philosophy to those who say "without the challenge, its just an interactive movie". The reason I enjoy a game like this (as opposed to a movie) isn't really the challenge of the puzzles. Those are more of a pacing element. The thing I enjoy about adventure games is the fact I can explore the little nooks and crannies of the world. See what happens when I click on stuff. That interactivity makes the "movie" come alive to me. A hard puzzle or two can add to the satisfaction, but they aren't needed, or even always wanted.
  • edited November 2006
    I also have a counter philosophy to those who say "without the challenge, its just an interactive movie". The reason I enjoy a game like this (as opposed to a movie) isn't really the challenge of the puzzles. Those are more of a pacing element. The thing I enjoy about adventure games is the fact I can explore the little nooks and crannies of the world. See what happens when I click on stuff. That interactivity makes the "movie" come alive to me. A hard puzzle or two can add to the satisfaction, but they aren't needed, or even always wanted.

I completely agree! I think the most important aspect of the game is feeling like you're inside the game world and the puzzles are only a bonus. By the way, there's a whole genre of "Interactive Fiction" games (text adventures) where the next thing to do is always really obvious, so you're just moving the character along the story, and it's amazing.

(As an example, you can try Ingold's All Roads at:
    http://www.ingold.fsnet.co.uk/if.htm)
  • edited November 2006
    I fail to see why everyone constantly wants to have the games made with different graphics. I think the visual style was spot on and the engine is good enough that it looks nice without alienating anyone whose computer was bought cheaply so they could surf the internet and use MS Word (e.g at least 70% of the gaming market. The fellas who buy games based on the price and the box art). I loved the way that the camera moved (switching back and forth between characters and places of interest to reveal the whole intricate, detailed scene and making the game feel almost Film Noir-ish. As well as making the loading subtle) and the actual style of the game felt like a living, breathing version of the old comics.
  • edited November 2006
    I could not agree more! This game rules! Thankyou Telltale Games!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.