SUGGESTION - Inventory Item Clicking

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
If you click on something while holding an inventory item, and the click activates the "can't do that" response, the item sometimes gets removed from hand and put back in the inventory.

This is annoying, requiring extra clicks to get the item out of the inventory, and extra time to go through the process again.

The item should just stay in hand until you right click, unless there is some extraordinary reason it shouldn't (like weapons in Bosco's).

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Agreement. The trying-to-use-things-on-stuff is kind of essential in an adventure game and the constantly closing inventory made it... kind of difficult.
  • edited November 2006
    Also, I suggest a hotkey setup for the inventory. I would use:

~ = inventory box
    1 = first item
    2 = second item
    and so on.

Or, perhaps, a customizable hotkey setup.
  • edited November 2006
    dunkpork wrote: »

This is annoying, requiring extra clicks to get the item out of the inventory, and extra time to go through the process again.

I agree too, sometimes it's very annoying.
  • edited November 2006
    That kindof limits the number of inventory items you can have...
  • edited November 2006
    Not really.

You could stack them ten across.

Then you can have the "shift" button advance through the levels. Or, you can just have the "down" arrow of the arrow keys do that.

Or you can have a nice hotkey setup that lets you choose which button performs this function.
  • edited November 2006
    Or even a mouse wheel! =)
  • edited November 2006
    Let's not get too exotic with the ideas... I think dunkpork's original idea is plenty good enough... :)
  • edited November 2006
    I think it happens when there's a specific message, like when you try to put the cheese in the microwave and he says something related to melting cheese, rather than the typical "Nope" stuff. And yes, it is annoying.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.