No advertisement for CSI ?

2 videos,a teaser and a dev diary,a site that hasn't been updated since its creation,a totally inactive forum that no devs visit and finally no news on the game,even if you think that its supposed to be out on 13/10/09 (PC) ...So what's going on ? Will you be able to dissect bodies as the Ubi description promises or is it just for the DS ?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    As far as I know, it doesn't come out until the 27th.
  • edited October 2009
    The release dates are 13th for PC and 20th for the consoles.And why was this moved ? I created it in the general discussion because I speak generally about TTG's position not about DI.I also wanted to make sure that some TTG member would see it
  • edited October 2009
    phaedon wrote: »
    The release dates are 13th for PC and 20th for the consoles.And why was this moved ? I created it in the general discussion because I speak generally about TTG's position not about DI.I also wanted to make sure that some TTG member would see it

Every site I've seen mentioning the release date (including Ubisoft's own page) says the 27th, where are you getting the 13th and 20th dates from?
  • edited October 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Every site I've seen mentioning the release date (including Ubisoft's own page) says the 27th, where are you getting the 13th and 20th dates from?

Hes getting them from Ubisoft themselves.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=7979
  • edited October 2009
    Download is not the same as DVD. Probably get as much cash revenue in 2 weeks with retail, then release download to others.

Has to be this Tuesday, hardly any TTG staff has really talked, maybe they are busy with the impending release date :)
  • edited October 2009
    The reason Telltale hasn't talked is because the marketing is squarely the responsibility of Ubisoft's. I could be wrong but I don't think they're allowed to breathe a word about the game with Ubi's consent. And the reason Ubisoft hasn't given this game a whole lot of coverage online is apparently because they don't need to - all the previous games had similar levels of exposure and it didn't seem to harm their sales.

CSI isn't really a license Ubisoft needs to spend any money on making sure that online based, hardcore gamers become aware of. As this game is aimed squarely at devotees of the show who don't necessarily play games, hardcore gamers are destined to despise it anyway. (See: Any review of the CSI games from a hardcore gaming site.) CSI is, like, the biggest show on TV, so all they really need to do is toss some promos on TV during the airing of an episode, and bam, you automatically break even. (Or something.)
  • edited October 2009
    yeah you are right there I just started blaming TTG I am really sorry
    If you notice however CSI may be the world's biggest show,but the games are not played from the casual gamer its propably hardcore CSI viewers that will decide to buy it.90% of the comments on non-hardcore specialized sites are negative !!! This is awful,a big marketing mistake there,not to make sure to make it look like a casual game so that non-csi gamers buy it.Also,the use of the characters on the trailer was disprosponsionate (spelling ! :p ) The char models are not good let's face it.This basically because it is very difficult to try and copy an actual person if you haven't got photos of different angles,even use them as textures.The effects and the other models which are great should be shown instead.Just saying though can't wait for the game !

EDIT: What's with the mind control ? :lol: Both Ubi and CBS are trying to control every move of TTG,I mean calm down guys the worse that TTG can do is put Grissom dance at the end of each case :p (hmm not a bad idea lol)
  • edited October 2009
    DABhand wrote: »
    Download is not the same as DVD. Probably get as much cash revenue in 2 weeks with retail, then release download to others.

Has to be this Tuesday, hardly any TTG staff has really talked, maybe they are busy with the impending release date :)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75487
    http://www.amazon.com/CSI-5-Pc/dp/B002JXKCK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1255351487&sr=8-1
    http://www.direct2drive.com/8359/product/Buy-CSI:-Deadly-Intent-Download

It seems like pretty much every site except that one Ubisoft page says the 27th.
  • edited October 2009

And who would know better than ubisoft the publisher. If they say 13th. Then its the 13th.
  • edited October 2009
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    The reason Telltale hasn't talked is because the marketing is squarely the responsibility of Ubisoft's. I could be wrong but I don't think they're allowed to breathe a word about the game with Ubi's consent. And the reason Ubisoft hasn't given this game a whole lot of coverage online is apparently because they don't need to - all the previous games had similar levels of exposure and it didn't seem to harm their sales.

CSI isn't really a license Ubisoft needs to spend any money on making sure that online based, hardcore gamers become aware of. As this game is aimed squarely at devotees of the show who don't necessarily play games, hardcore gamers are destined to despise it anyway. (See: Any review of the CSI games from a hardcore gaming site.) CSI is, like, the biggest show on TV, so all they really need to do is toss some promos on TV during the airing of an episode, and bam, you automatically break even. (Or something.)

The day of the publisher having the leash has been long gone for years :P

Developers are just as busy as the publisher in the upcoming weeks to their gold finally being released to the public. The publisher of course have the costly packaging, mastering and distribution to contend with, but the harder work is still with the developer :P
  • edited October 2009
    And who would know better than ubisoft the publisher. If they say 13th. Then its the 13th.

If it were coming out on the 13th, the stores selling it would already have them in stock and would start shipping them today or tomorrow, so I am 99% sure it's not out tomorrow.

It's not like Gamestop gets their shipments in on a Tuesday and says "Oh we didn't know this was out today" and then throw it out on the shelf, they get their shipments far before the release date.
  • edited October 2009
    If it were coming out on the 13th, the stores selling it would already have them in stock and would start shipping them today or tomorrow, so I am 99% sure it's not out tomorrow.

It's not like Gamestop gets their shipments in on a Tuesday and says "Oh we didn't know this was out today" and then throw it out on the shelf, they get their shipments far before the release date.

But yes you are correct stores would have had the copies by Saturday at the latest to be on the shelves by tomorrow.

But why have ubisoft, who originally said the 20th on the site now have moved the PC version forward to the 13th? Thats been changed recently.

And remember online review sites are not privvy to every piece of information. Either way, if its not out tomorrow it isnt, if it is it is. I am only going on what Ubisoft have said themselves.

*shrugs*
  • edited October 2009
    But yes you are correct stores would have had the copies by Saturday at the latest to be on the shelves by tomorrow.

But why have ubisoft, who originally said the 20th on the site now have moved the PC version forward to the 13th? Thats been changed recently.

And remember online review sites are not privvy to every piece of information. Either way, if its not out tomorrow it isnt, if it is it is. I am only going on what Ubisoft have said themselves.

*shrugs*

Ubisoft doesn't care that much about CSI.I mean why is Imagine:... on Coming Soon and not CSI ? Why isn't it in the games shown at the start ? *shrug* It is possible that Ubi didn't care enough to change the date...I am not sure I want to buy it then... :( I mean I have waited all the time and I have even scheduled my week so that I could have time for CSI and write a review for it but I am very disappointed by Ubisoft,and yeah dissecting bodies is propably out...I may buy some months later or something :(
  • edited October 2009
    Ubisoft doesn't care that much about CSI.I mean why is Imagine:... on Coming Soon and not CSI ? Why isn't it in the games shown at the start ? *shrug* It is possible that Ubi didn't care enough to change the date...I am not sure I want to buy it then... :( I mean I have waited all the time and I have even scheduled my week so that I could have time for CSI and write a review for it but I am very disappointed by Ubisoft,and yeah dissecting bodies is propably out...I may buy some months later or something :(

I have faith that TTG wouldn't release a bad game.
  • edited October 2009
    I did not say that they will release a bad game.They will release a good game that will have new feautures but not do an actual rebellion from the series.Most fans agree that Season 9 was the worst CSI Season ever and TTG instead of trying to stay away from it and make a neutral CSI game they make a Langston 75% CBS game with "the more drama they could get in" (not my words).I was already very sceptical and now the date change has made me not looking forward from this game at all.I mean c'mon what is attractive to a CSI game when you are trying to avoid the cheesy lines of certain characters,you try so much to enjoy it that it becomes annoying.TTG I am pretty sure that you will make another great CSI game,but it will propably the only one I am not looking forward to playing soon...my opinnion
  • edited October 2009
    Ubisoft has changed its date to the 27th.
  • edited October 2009
    my comment got deleted...
  • edited October 2009
    eh?
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Ubisoft's website is right! We can confirm that the game debuts on the 27th, so hold onto your hats and get ready to swab some unmentionables.
  • edited October 2009
    eh?

I said that I wish that TTG hadn't taken a place at the flamewar between fans and writers and release a neutral game
  • edited October 2009
    Usually telltale doesn't have any commercial's on their games, but they're with Ubisoft on this......so maybe they told them not to have a commercial?
  • edited October 2009
    TTG told Ubi not to make an advertisement ?

That's not the way it works,Ubi's the boss

And MI and Sam & Max had much more advertisement than CSI
  • edited October 2009
    Well........thing is, i've never seen a sam and max advertisement on tv in my LIFE, and a CSI commercial, like, ONCE!
  • edited October 2009
    You misunderstood me.I did not mean TV commercial but generally advertisement.Sam and Max has dozens of videos,but CSI is a prime time show that millions are watching,in fact its the most viewed show in the world.If they are aiming for the hardcore fans they should put a tv spot.Don't forget Ubi has the money to show as many CSI TV spots as she wants but TTG can't afford that.Sam and Max are 100% TTG's license
  • edited October 2009
    Well........thing is, i've never seen a sam and max advertisement on tv in my LIFE, and a CSI commercial, like, ONCE!

Well, if you count Gametap's ads, they did have TV ads.
  • edited October 2009
    I only saw maybe 2 gametap commercials in 2003, and it didn't show anything on sam and max....just other retro games featured on it.
  • edited October 2009
    Nah,advertisement does not necessarily mean TV commercials.There are many vids about Sam n Max here and on the youtube
  • edited October 2009
    I only saw maybe 2 gametap commercials in 2003, and it didn't show anything on sam and max....just other retro games featured on it.

Well of course there was nothing about them in 2003, Telltale hadn't even formed at that time, much less started on Sam and Max.

Gametap actually featured Sam and Max in a couple of their ads around the releases of each season.
  • edited October 2009
    Don't forget Ubi has the money to show as many CSI TV spots as she wants

exaggeration?
  • edited October 2009
    Well of course there was nothing about them in 2003, Telltale hadn't even formed at that time, much less started on Sam and Max.

Gametap actually featured Sam and Max in a couple of their ads around the releases of each season.

Sam and Max is older than you think :P

But yeah TTG reworked it later years.
  • edited October 2009
    Sam and Max is older than you think :P

But yeah TTG reworked it later years.

I'm not incompetent. Gametap has never had a Lucasarts game, hence I was quite obviously referring to the Telltale games.
  • edited October 2009
    I think that the conversation is a bit heated right now...So... I cannot wait for the new game...In fact I am going to go to the website and play this day's case :p
  • edited October 2009
    I'm not incompetent. Gametap has never had a Lucasarts game, hence I was quite obviously referring to the Telltale games.

You have to calm down, dont attack people at every opportunity. Nobody said you were incompetent, was just pointing Sam and Max is older than people think.

So lets not flame people for saying something yes?
  • edited October 2009
    I wouldn't worry that much...After all what's the big deal if someone speaks to you with a bit of temper after having a stressfull day or need to sleep ? Sleep people lolz
  • edited October 2009
    NEEEEEEED CSI!

lol

Us Brits have to wait till the 30th for ours :(
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah I will propably try the online store cause I can't wait a week or something
  • edited October 2009
    Amazon claims to be shipping the PC version.
  • edited October 2009
    I doubt that.They propably didn't have the time to change the release date
  • edited October 2009
    Two days to allow for shipping, most likely. It's the 25th, it launches on the 27th, it makes sense to ship it before the launch date to reduce the amount of whinging by impatient customers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.