GameSpy Review of S&M?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
The Freelance Police make a long overdue return to PC gaming in an excellent follow-up to their classic adventure game.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/sam-and-max/743796p1.html

Pros
Hilarious script; great art design; effective voiceovers from supporting cast; a great value at $8.95.

Cons
Episodic format hurts story presentation; Sam and Max's voices not as good as the previous game; clunky action controls.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    They're nuts if they think that the voice acting for either Sam or Max is inadequate. If anything, I think it's probably the most pleasant surprised I've seen from the game so far. Especially Max's voice. Not only captures the nature of a psychotic bunny, but also has a voice that is "cute and marketable". In other words, slightly grating. I love it.
  • edited November 2006
    I really like the original actors, too.

I like the news ones, also. I think Sam's voice could be a little less flattened. He reminds me of Duchovny. Max is dead-on perfect.
  • edited November 2006
    The voice acting on both, Sam and Max is very good. I don´t share their opinion that Sam has got a boring voice, it fits exactly in my opinion. Also yeah, Bosco is a prime example but the other Characters are very well done aswell.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.