Sam n Max wont start up anymore.

edited November 2006 in Game Support
Hi,

I got past the activation, that went fine, booted up the game, all was good.

Then, I exited the game, and later tried to start it up again by pressing the big Launch button, but nothing happens.

Checked my task manager, the exe is running somewhere in the background. I try again, and the same thing happens, but this time I have 2 of them running, neither of them doing anything...I'm just sat at the desktop. I force both to close, and try again... but yeah you get the story.

The only time I got it to work again, was to delete the prefs.prop and the save games. And of course when I wanted to start the game again later, it happened again. Even after restarting the PC it doesn't work.... and I don't want to keep deleting my save games just to try and get it working :(

Is there a fix for this at all? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem however.

edit: just tried and tried again, it's now apparent that even deleting those files don't have any effect anymore.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Right, ok.. I just updated my drivers to the latest nvidia forceware that was released yesterday, and it finally worked again. But the same thing happens when I try to run it afterwards, I'm tearing my hair out over this one. Maybe I should just get it running, complete the game in one go and just forget about it?

I really hope the next episodes wont present such a problem, since I already paid for all of them.
  • edited November 2006
    I love this game! To bad the error I get is sort of like your problem. I cant seem to start the game or play for more than 5 min without the urlmon.dll error crash. I paid for the whole season too! Hope they do fix it or make this go away in the cd version once it comes out. Is telltale even reading these forums? Seems they dont support the games via forums.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Our programmers are reading the heck out of the forums and trying to solve these issues (and Emily and I have been passing specific threads along in emails as well). I'll let you know as soon as I have an update on this! :)
This discussion has been closed.