How does Telltale come up with the Storyline?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Do you Gals and Guys write episode per episode, or do you already have the whole plot spanning over 6 Episodes in mind and on paper?

I still hope that all these seperate Episodes of Season 1 will be connected with eachother in one bigger plot, unfolding itself after playing one Episode after another.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    that would certainly be nice, but I don't think that's the case here... I think each episode is a stand alone. Some people will not buy every episode, but if it's standalone they can still enjoy it..
  • edited November 2006
    During lunchtime.

--Erwin
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    From what I understand, the overall general scope of the season, as well as the general subject matter for each episode (eg "former child stars are terrorizing the street") were sketched out before any production started, but then the actual puzzles and dialogue per episode are done one at a time as production moves on, mostly by Dave and Brendan, but team input is welcome as well.
  • edited November 2006
    Pretender wrote: »
    that would certainly be nice, but I don't think that's the case here... I think each episode is a stand alone. Some people will not buy every episode, but if it's standalone they can still enjoy it..

Telltale have said there will be a subplot spanning the whole season, even though each episode is standalone. Whether or not the seeds of the subplot have already been sown in Culture Shock I guess will become apparent after a few more episodes.
  • edited November 2006
    so what's the subplot in episode 1 lol.. Sam and Max and the soda poppers return??
  • edited November 2006
    Maybe the uber-plot hasn't yet really kicked off yet? Maybe something Sybill or Bocso said in passing will tie into another story strand... and yeah, maybe the Soda Poppers will make a return appearance sometime for some reason.

Most likely though, Brady Culture is part of a bigger conspiracy (given the game's closing shot of the TV talkshow)?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • edited November 2006
    I think in that CGW video interview it was mentioned that Sybil would be appearing in multiple episodes.
  • edited November 2006
    please please please i hope i wish that we don't find ourselves in a jerry springer esque talk show... oh wait.. CHAIR THROWING!... need i say more.

can we have some dead fetus' please please...
  • edited November 2006
    please please please i hope i wish that we don't find ourselves in a jerry springer esque talk show... oh wait.. CHAIR THROWING!... need i say more.

can we have some dead fetus' please please...

Seriously, have you been taking your pills?
  • edited November 2006
    Probably not. Fortunately he's still got his straitjacket on. ;)

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Erwin wrote: »
    Probably not. Fortunately he's still got his straitjacket on. ;)

--Erwin

But he's managed to chew halfway through the sleeves! Just far enough to stick out a hand to type with.
  • edited November 2006
    In an un-insanity related post...

I reckon that they have a room full of infinite monkeys and infinite typewriters. The story sort of gets thrown at them every once in a while. And so does a lot of poop.
  • edited November 2006
    Dude because they are creative and live in a world of insanity that we cant enter into .

I do something a little insane every day its how I keep my sanity.
  • edited November 2006
    briankory wrote: »
    Dude because they are creative and live in a world of insanity that we cant enter into .

I do something a little insane every day its how I keep my sanity.

Just playing Sam&Max doesn't cut it, eh? ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Bollocks to sanity. The world's a much nicer place without it.
  • edited November 2006
    Okay. Here's my predictions:

That guy in the first episode, the mind-bender hypnotizer guy (can't call to mind his name now) is part of a much BIGGER evil organization conspiracy corporation thingie, and the series will climax with all those loose strings coming together...

Yes. Like, in each episode, you defeat a 'boss', but there's a bigger picture - a super-boss who has a super-conspiracy thing going.

I mean - it has to be. Like, these dudes are just henchmen.

I kind of hope I'm wrong, and I almost know Dave has something even more clever up his little sleevies.
  • edited November 2006
    I think it has something to do with Ematics.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.