Bone Episode 1

edited November 2006 in Bone
When will it come back to be downloaded!!!!!!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    In a few days! :)
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    It's in test as we speak! Look for it sometime tomorrow!
  • edited November 2006
    Hey, Kevin.. Is it going to be upgraded tomorrow then?:D
  • edited November 2006
    I hope providing the download is accompanied by merging the previously purchased games with the new accounts... I still don't have the two Bone games listed in my "Past purchases".
  • edited November 2006
    Im upset I cant get my bone on yet.

that did not sound right
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    I hope providing the download is accompanied by merging the previously purchased games with the new accounts... I still don't have the two Bone games listed in my "Past purchases".

Nope, probably not. They're two entirely different processes.

We'll get to it though. In the meantime if you need help locating your old order number or activating a game from an old purchase, just let us know.
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Nope, probably not. They're two entirely different processes.

We'll get to it though. In the meantime if you need help locating your old order number or activating a game from an old purchase, just let us know.

Oh, actually I just forgot that I basically have to download the "demo" and activate it... I guess I'll find the mail in my in-box. So, take your time ;)
  • LoxLox
    edited November 2006
    When is it available for buying again? I can't add the single episode version to my cart :(
    edited November 2006
    We've decided to put it off a little longer, because we'll be releasing a newer and even more improved version than the one that went up with the new website. Details to follow in the blog later this week.
  • edited November 2006
    so what happnes if I download the demo from fileshack and activate it through that? am I going to end up with a broke ass version of gone? are the improvements worth waiting on? Where do babies come from?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    If you own Out From Boneville, and have your order number and password (or already have an activated purchased version on your current computer), you should be all good to go, as the improved version going up next week is a free upgrade.
  • edited November 2006
    I am puzzled; first, I never entered any activation code into either the Bone games or Sam & Max, but the three games worked straightaway. How were the games authenticated (for the sake of curiosity)? Second, what is the password to my Bone games? At the time of purchase, I only received an order number but didn't get to choose a password like when buying Sam & Max.
    Could you explain briefly how the activation system works?
    Thanks
    edited November 2006
    Usually you don't have to enter an activation code. When you buy the game, at the end of the checkout process there is a button for downloading the game. When you do it this way, the game activates automatically. The reason so many people have needed help activating this time is that people who preordered Season 1 didn't get a download button, since they placed the order before the game came out. Entering the order number and password is only necessary if you don't download from the link that shows up at the end of the checkout process, and entering a manual activation key (which we send to you) is only necessary if entering your order number and password doesn't work.

I just looked up your Bone order, and you did choose a password. I can send it to you if you want.
  • edited November 2006
    We've decided to put it off a little longer, because we'll be releasing a newer and even more improved version than the one that went up with the new website. Details to follow in the blog later this week.
    So is this the thing Jeff Smith mentioned in his blog a while back? Or mainly further technical tweaks? I suppose I should just wait for the blog entry...
    edited November 2006
    So is this the thing Jeff Smith mentioned in his blog a while back?

Maybe... :D
  • edited November 2006
    Maybe... :D

I have a dream : winter sequences in Out From Boneville. :o
  • edited November 2006
    Diduz wrote: »
    I have a dream : winter sequences in Out From Boneville. :o

Yeah that would be so cool :D
  • edited November 2006
    hm, so i've wated a while for the game to be back now, checked every day :S pls don't do a blizzard on me :p gief my game pls! do you have an exact date ? :)
    edited November 2006
    No, we don't have an exact date, but we're looking at next week sometime.
  • edited November 2006
    Hey hey, if this is indeed a feature upgrade, take your time. :)
  • edited November 2006
    This is GREAT! Given the quality of the games, I'll play through them again as soon as the new versions come out!
  • edited November 2006
    Me too - can't wait for the new cutscenes and the re-recorded Thorn in OFB.
  • edited November 2006
    I hope they didn't remove the "hot-coffee" mod. :D Or was that the "hot springs" mod? Oh well. :P

--Erwin
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    You found that, huh?
  • edited November 2006
    Another thorn in the side of Thompson.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Any updates to this? I really want to try out Bone! But unfortunately I'm unable to throw these guys my money to play their game!
    edited November 2006
    From our recent newsletter:
    Bone goes gold... again!
    We're this close to releasing new and improved versions of both Bone games. What's so new about them? Here are some of the changes:
    • Out from Boneville's Thorn got a makeover! We cleaned up the model and rerecorded her voice using the actress from The Great Cow Race.
    • Some lines and cutscenes have been added, to help the story flow better.
    • Both games now use our updated engine and support scalable resolutions. (Woo!)

These new versions, plus a blog by Heather and Bone creator Jeff Smith describing the process of updating the games, will be added to our website soon.

I'm afraid we don't have a date yet (the games are in the approval process right now). In the meantime, you can still download the old demos from a lot of mirror sites, and if you decide to buy the full version, you'll be able to upgrade to these Director's Cut versions once they come out for no extra charge.
  • edited November 2006
    ooooooooooooooooohhh 'directors cut' i like that :p you should try some of us out as beta testers ;) best of all its free to hire us :D
  • edited November 2006
    Links to many Bone-related things are down (or changed to "Coming Soon") as of this second--maybe this is the update?
  • edited November 2006
    *eagerly anticipating*...
  • edited November 2006
    The Coming Soon sign taunts me, I swear it.
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, I guess I was wrong.

I was assuming it's like Apple, where, right before a big product announcement/unveiling, their Apple Store goes down for a short time.:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2006
    In hindsight, I can see why Telltale wouldn't release right before Thanksgiving.

As the Culture Shock release showed, technical problems can arise unexpectedly, and with everybody at Telltale off for Thanksgiving, there would be nobody to deal with any possible issues, should they arise.

I can just imagine non-Americans complaining that the lack of technical support over this long American vacation weekend being inexcusable.
  • edited November 2006
    hey! i'm non-american . . . i don't complain! i haven't really had technical issues myself though, but from what i can gather, telltale are pretty prompt at answering queries. and if they're not prompt, for whatever reason, the response is still personal . . . how many other forums are there where the company representatives joke around with the users? or give you links to their geocities site from ten years ago? :p [that's a dig at emily!]

in fact, it's almost as if they have too much time on their hands . . . just like i pretend to when i'm at work.

but any support is better than no support.
    edited November 2006
    We were going to try to put them up on Wednesday, but something happened at the last minute to prevent it, and of course Thursday and Friday are holidays. Anyway, you should be seeing these games pretty soon now. :)
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks for the update!
  • edited November 2006
    ....... on Monday?........
  • edited November 2006
    okay wrote: »
    ....... on Monday?........

Nope. Here's hopin for Tuesday.
  • edited November 2006
    Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed, if not lets start a bring back bone campaign :p
  • edited November 2006
    Anyone else get really excited but then find out that the 'coming soon' sign just takes too long to load? xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.