The Best CSI yet

Guys just had to say that this is the best CSI game yet. I've played them all from the mediocre CSI 1 (wasn't yours of course), to the pretty good 3 Dimensions of murder, to the kinda dull Hard Evidence.

I love how you've made the stories seriously interesting, the first 3 cases have gripped me right to the end so far. I like how you've taken out the annoying busywork of choosing the right tool, instead just having us choose to collect etc and adding more interesting busywork like the drag/drop DNA samples. I also love the improved 'get grissoms insects' side tasks where you have to help others solve their cases.

All in all this is the best one so far, this is a winning formula so when I've completed this I'll be desperate for the next one :)

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I have to agree, Deadly Intend is the best one. I played through three cases in one day, ( It was late when I played and I had to go to bed for work tomorrow). The cases are absolutely gripping from start to end.

I have CSI Dark Motives, 3 Dimensions of Murder, Hard Evidence, NY, and of course Deadly Intent. I don't really like CSI Dark Motives that much, how does the first compare to that one?
  • edited November 2009
    3 Dimensions of Murder is the second best CSI video game after CSI: DI in my opinnion.The very first CSI game was designed by 365 Interactive,but it was an awkward use of prerendered 2D animated graphics onto a 3D space without actual depth.Not as bad as you think though...The second one was CSI Dark Motives...I don't see why you don't like it...Sure it doesn't have the interactivity TTG offers but it had the best finale in video game I have ever seen and the pre-rendered 3D models were simply amazing...very good even for today
  • edited November 2009
    phaedon wrote: »
    3 Dimensions of Murder is the second best CSI video game after CSI: DI in my opinnion.The very first CSI game was designed by 365 Interactive,but it was an awkward use of prerendered 2D animated graphics onto a 3D space without actual depth.Not as bad as you think though...The second one was CSI Dark Motives...I don't see why you don't like it...Sure it doesn't have the interactivity TTG offers but it had the best finale in video game I have ever seen and the pre-rendered 3D models were simply amazing...very good even for today

You're right. The graphics in Dark Motives are good, even for today. And the last case was fairly interesting... but that's my problem with it. I found almost all of the cases in it (aside from the last one) lacking, and dull. There weren't really any twists in them, and I just didn't find them too interesting.

The cases in Deadly Intent had more twists along the way, and kept me interested in seeing how it would all end. That said, Dark Motives is a decent play through, just not the best. Seeing as the first one was also made by 369 Interactive, I was wondering how it fared. I have it coming in the mail, along with CSI: Miami (PC) and CSI: Deadly Intent - The Hidden Cases (DS). Then I'll own them all. *hugs self* Erharm... ignore that.
  • edited November 2009
    lol...

Beat you it ! ;)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation The Game has OK stories (The last one is the best story in a CSI game),but bad graphics.Miami has more Horatio than I could stand but...oh well...its 5th case is really interesting though There are a couple of flaws in the plot

Don't read it if you haven't played it yet

1."I believe in capital punishment as Lt.Caine would assure you" Why is he talking to me ??? What if H found it first ? 2.Who put the cassette inside the statue ? I mean when you commit suicide you most of the times you don't just walk around...

And ofcourse like the series its based on its a copycat-this time towards CSI: Dark Motives
  • edited November 2009
    You can use spoiler tags if you type [.spoiler] [./spoiler] around the text without the periods.
  • edited November 2009
    I have started playing CSI 1, and I'm already on case 3 (I started no more than a hour and half ago!) that's my problem with it so far, the graphics are weak sure, but who cares, it's the length of the cases I have troubles with. Case 2 took me probably no more than thirty-fourty minutes to beat. Very linear, and one dimensional even for a CSI game. The cases are better than the second I think. I had to stop for a bit, I could beat it today, and I only got it today.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm very surprised by Deadly Intent, too. It's quite fun to solve the cases and and convict the perpetrators :D

and this comes from a guy who has never seen one single episode of csi in his life. yet. I'll catch up on that...
  • edited December 2009
    Actually I think there is a huge room of improvement...
    TTG is making progress -I am trying not to think that if there wasn't Monkey Island they wouldn't make a new engine- but its making the same progress that EA has over FIFA games :(
    I still hope that this isn't the final CSI game but I think that it propably is...its the 5th Vegas game
  • edited December 2009
    Actually I think there is a huge room of improvement...
    TTG is making progress -I am trying not to think that if there wasn't Monkey Island they wouldn't make a new engine- but its making the same progress that EA has over FIFA games :(
    I still hope that this isn't the final CSI game but I think that it propably is...its the 5th Vegas game
  • edited December 2009
    phaedon wrote: »

I find it incredible that you would reach that conclusion, especially given that you referenced an EA sports franchise in the same post.
  • edited December 2009
    lol I know that you don't stop a franchise because you have reached the 5th game but there are other series that ended like that.They tend to end in the 3rd or the 5th game.I hope the TTG CSI games contiue like Final Fantasy CSI XIII :P

And now that I think about it again the FIFA games are making less progress than CSI per game
    The bad thing is that CSI isn't as replayable.I wish we could mod it...Anyone know how to open the Component Files ? :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.