One minor gripe

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I've just lost a days game play because of a stupid option that wasn't put in the game.

Why ignore the country setting on peoples PCs? We have different date formats because that is what our countries have settled on as their standard, so forcing everyone to use American date formatting is not on.

Even a manual choice between US format or ISO 8601 would be better than no choice.

Please, go and look at your sales figures, see how many copies of S&M you've sold in Europe and then tell us we're not worth a simple bit of programming like date formatting.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I don't really understand the problem... I'm french so I don't have the same date format, but I don't see where it changes something in the game... if you erased a save slot, it's pretty strange, because you know, slot are saved logically, left to right up to down. I don't even watch date, I got a picture, and I got a logical path...

Is it your big problem ?
  • edited November 2006
    I don't understand either. How does date formatting make you lose that play time? o_o I mean, yeah, American date formatting is really stupid (it's so illogical!), but it's still understandable...
  • edited November 2006
    When do dates appear in the game anyway?

I'm from the UK and when I play American games I remember the date is written differently there, likewise with Japanese versions of games (they write it year first). I don't see why the American companies should have to accommodate me, personally - I can understand the way they write dates just fine!
  • edited November 2006
    You can lose the "old case joke" if you use a different date format...
  • edited November 2006
    matan wrote: »

whoop dee doo
  • edited November 2006
    so you confused november 4th with april 11th somehow? 11/4 vs. 4/11

Couldn't remember if the last save game you made was in april or november?
  • edited November 2006
    Yohmi wrote: »
    I don't really understand the problem... I'm french so I don't have the same date format, but I don't see where it changes something in the game... if you erased a save slot, it's pretty strange, because you know, slot are saved logically, left to right up to down. I don't even watch date, I got a picture, and I got a logical path...

Is it your big problem ?

and besides... why not just load the autosave if you mess something up? You'll only go back like 5 minutes.
  • edited November 2006
    matan wrote: »

Because the US date 03-03-2004 doesn't work in European format 03-03-2004?

:confused:
  • edited November 2006
    Someone should be fired ..
  • edited November 2006
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Because the US date 03-03-2004 doesn't work in European format 03-03-2004?

:confused:

Exactly. :D
  • edited November 2006
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Someone should be fired ..

Hero1, thou art the one who brings fire.
  • edited November 2006
    There are so many things I could say about this issue. The first that springs to mind is WTF?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.