Who's new to Sam and Max?

LGHLGH
edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Most people here have played Hit the Road, read Sam and Max comics or seen the TV show.

For me, the game is SO much filled with nostalgia, recognizing things, recognizing the general style, saying "Oh yeah, that's something Sam would say" or "Oh yeah, that's something Max would do"...

But I'm just a little curious as to how people that have never met Sam and Max before are reacting to the new game. I think they could like the game as well, because most jokes ARE funny by themselves, but still, I would like to hear some reactions.

Are they hooked by now as well? Will they also eagerly wait for the next episode, search through ebay to find the comics, order Hit the Road... ?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I've played Hit The Road and totally fell in love with those two furry insane figures.
    Then I found out, that there is a comic book...
    Because I live in Germany it was hard to get.
    But finaly I was able to order it from the US.
    I also heard there was a TV-show - but it was never aired here.
    Does anyone of you have an idea where I can get it?
    Is there a DVD with all episodes, or something?
  • edited November 2006
    Chwarg wrote: »
    I've played Hit The Road and totally fell in love with those two furry insane figures.
    Then I found out, that there is a comic book...
    Because I live in Germany it was hard to get.
    But finaly I was able to order it from the US.
    I also heard there was a TV-show - but it was never aired here.
    Does anyone of you have an idea where I can get it?
    Is there a DVD with all episodes, or something?

That's exactly how I got introduced with Sam and Max: Game, Comic, TV Show. Fortunately the TV show did run here, on a channel called Fox Kids. I only saw two episodes, though.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Shouldn't this thread be titled "Have you missed out on S&M all this time?"? ;)

I'm new to S&M.
  • edited November 2006
    When I heard this game was so close to release I rushed to find a copy of Hit the Road and finish it in time for Culture shock. I finished it about 3-4 weeks ago, so I think I still count as new. :D :p
  • edited November 2006
    What do you think of Culture Shock compared to Hit the Road?
  • edited November 2006
    I wish I had taken better care of my old S&M graphic novel, because now they cost hundreds of dollars, and my copy's all mangled :(

also on topic: I too am curious as to how newcomers feel about the wacky duo
  • edited November 2006
    I have about 16 low-res videos from the TV series on my computer. I'll post them on google video some time in the near future. Can't say when because I need to upgrade my broadband connection before I can actually do so. Youtube tends to block people who post them there. If'n you want to find them yourself, I'll give you hint. <cough> eMule </cough>
  • edited November 2006
    I was smart enough to buy the video box set as soon as it was available :P

HA HA

/nelson
  • edited November 2006
    but there are 24 episodes in all. Even with the video alot are missing.
    I have about 19 or 20 episodes on my computer. I got most from torrents and two from youtube which I ripped and downloaded
  • edited November 2006
    Embarassingly enough I must admit I've missed out on S&M (having heard about them only described as a good-old style Lucasarts duo talked about by misty-eyed old-school gamers) until now. But I did get my hands on Hit the Road a few days before Culture Shock came out (knowing I of course had to buy it), played through about half of it (I got stuck [I really suck at puzzle-solving, I got through nine tenths of Grim Fandango with a walkthrough], but half of the game was enough to make me love the two guys) and bought Culture Shock, which I loved.
  • edited November 2006
    Well, GameTap is releasing them ALL (out of order though), and it stores its video as wmv files in your directory, so if you have GameTap, you could take them out as they come and watch them at your leisure.
  • edited November 2006
    I have GameTap too, and I'm eagerly awaiting episode 2. I have not played the older Sam and Max games yet, but I plan to eventually.
  • edited November 2006
    I have never played or seen Sam and Max before and the game is really great. (I love point & click game.) I love the universe, and the two characters are amazing.
    I haven't finished the game yet. I take my time to finish it. (i'm stuck a little bit, but i think it's a very easy solution like the other, and we have not a lot of objects like other point & click).
  • edited November 2006
    LegoAddict wrote: »
    I have GameTap too, and I'm eagerly awaiting episode 2. I have not played the older Sam and Max games yet, but I plan to eventually.

Older Sam & Max game (note singular).

LucasArts canceled the sequal in 2004.
  • edited November 2006
    Ah...

I thought that there were multiple games for some reason.
  • edited November 2006
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Well, GameTap is releasing them ALL (out of order though), and it stores its video as wmv files in your directory, so if you have GameTap, you could take them out as they come and watch them at your leisure.

What are you waiting for?!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.