Warp speed

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
what is this warp speed? is there any doc's on any of this?

thx.

e.b.

p.s. whats the time frame that the other S&M are comming out?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    If you find out what it does, let us know.
  • edited November 2006
    maybe makes it so a double click on doors takes you right out them?
  • edited November 2006
    It doesn't do anything as far as I know... Some kind of reference to that useless option in one of the Monkey Islands possibly? XD
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, it's bound to do something. Otherwise why would we put it in there?
  • edited November 2006
    OH?! Wait - is - is this some kind of trick to make me spend years clicking things with warp speed, just to try and see some difference? :'(
  • edited November 2006
    Time flies when you're having fun :)
  • edited November 2006
    If I didn't know better I'd say you were messing with us. But you guys wouldn't do that to us, right? Right? :)
  • edited November 2006
    Who's got the time? ;)
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Who's got the time? ;)

So, that made me go check the Tiger Clock in Sybil's office with and without the option checked.
  • edited November 2006
    Time to guess again :)
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote:
    tabacco wrote:
    Who's got the time ;)
    Time to guess again :)

I'd almost think you were trying to tell us something. Of course! It's something to do with smilies isn't it!?
  • edited November 2006
    C'mon, and you guys say you're Sam & Max fans. :P

Warp Speed speeds up the DeSoto when driving down the street. A little too fast for my needs, but I'm sure the kids would love it. :)
  • edited November 2006
    C'mon, and you guys say you're Sam & Max fans. :P

Warp Speed speeds up the DeSoto when driving down the street. A little too fast for my needs, but I'm sure the kids would love it. :)

It does? I just tried it and it didn't do that for me.
  • edited November 2006
    No, it doesn't. Or, if it does, it doesn't do it NOTICEABLY.
  • edited November 2006
    Is it something to do with the other episodes? When ep. 2 comes out will it... do... SOMETHING EXCITING?
  • edited November 2006
    My theory is that its a joke. There are similar things in atleast two Monkey Island games, Curse and Escape. (I know S&M Ep1 is not a Lucas Arts game, but still). The one in Curse of Monkey Island was "Enable 3D acceleration" and In Escape from Monkey Island I belive it was something along the lines of "Co-oprative multiplayer". ;)

Please excuse my grammar and spelling, English is not my primary language.
  • edited November 2006
    Could be a joke... but what if it's not?
  • edited November 2006
    Emanon wrote: »
    Please excuse my grammar and spelling, English is not my primary language.

Actually, you only misspelled a few things. No need to apologize... many native English speakers have worse grammar and spelling than you do!

I think I agree with you too, on that it is probably a joke... but then Tabacco keeps goading us on...

I have clicked the clock in Bosco's as well... still nothing.
  • edited November 2006
    Warp speed in my pants
  • edited November 2006
    Could be a joke... but what if it's not?

Don't toy with us! You'll make me cry...
  • edited November 2006
    mikdog wrote: »
    Warp speed in my pants
    You can get that treated.
  • edited March 2007
    If it really were a joke similar to Monkey Island's multiplayer mode there'd be a variety of 'Unable to ...' messages, am I right?

And apologies for necroposting ^^;
  • edited March 2007
    Warp speed? Well... You could either check Wikipedia or a Star Trek site. The next episode will be out in like, 3 weeks about. The final episode for this season, episode 6, will be about a month after that. If you go to Gametap.com and look in the Sam & Max section they have the schedules there. :)
  • edited March 2007
    OMG!! AH!! It's Murray, the talking skull! He's back to haunt my nightmares! Darn adventure game cross-overs-into-real-life!
  • edited March 2007
    I've always just assumed that it removed the walking animations, but I guess I'll just have to try it to find out.

*Edit* No...doesn't seem to do that.
    Maybe it allows you to skip cutscenes?
  • edited March 2007
    I figured it out! It puts a checkmark in the box next to "warp speed"!
  • edited March 2007
    OMG! That friggn unbelievable...

And if you check this box today you get another senseless checkbox for free!
  • edited March 2007
    I think it probably does something more, jp, just by Tabaccos nonsensical "time" related posts... GHYARYAY sounds of pain!

It's like searching for Noah's Ark... if it exists out there, I will be rich, if not, I spent soo much time looking for nothing. Or maybe it is like a black cat in a dark room... I dunno.
  • edited March 2007
    I wouldn't want to be in a dark room with a black cat. I had a black cat once, and it was crazy! You could be petting it and it would be purring then suddenly, without any reason or warning, it would go nuts and claw the crap out of you then it would run all over the place and hide under the couch. :eek:
  • edited March 2007
    All cats do that in every lighting situation, though.
  • edited March 2007
    My theory has an odd result.

My theory postulated that Sam was faster walking with Warp Speed (with Max obviously following, but the player DOES control Sam mainly), so I tested this by walking him from Sybil's kerb to the end of the sidewalk (by the posters, in this case, next to Brady's graffiti).

With Warp Speed: 13 seconds.

Without Warp Speed:10 seconds?!

Okay, either someone miscoded that (with inverse results), or it's NOT the right answer.
  • edited March 2007
    Or your margin of error is greater than 1.5 seconds, which is likely. In which case you are not able to draw conclusions.

That said, Emily has REPEATEDLY said it did nothing. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Warp Speed sets the game to hard mode, turns off recurring locations, unlocks the Flint Paper and Cmdr Blip characters, and makes Max more furry and less 3D.
  • edited March 2007
    Well, I don't know about you guys, but when I activated the Warpspeed option my computer flew straight out of the window!
    How about that, ey?

I guess it suddenly got the urge to boldly go where none of my previous PCs had gone before!

Alas, it's such a cruel world!!!
    (staring vacantly at the empty, dust-free spot on my desk)
  • edited April 2007
    Smollie wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about you guys, but when I activated the Warpspeed option my computer flew straight out of the window!
    How about that, ey?

I guess it suddenly got the urge to boldly go where none of my previous PCs had gone before!

You must have a really long keyboard/mouse/ethernet cable.
  • edited April 2007
    Smollie wrote:
    How about that, ey?

krin wrote: »
    You must have a really long keyboard/mouse/ethernet cable.

Either that or he's related to the Petrelli brothers.

*Travels down a phone line as pure current to visit a friend in New York*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.