Who do you think will appear in Chapter 5?

edited December 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
Most of us know that the next Chapter takes place in
land of the dead
So I started to think about all the characters that
are dead

Here is my list of those who could:

Wally (As far as we know. And the other character we asked for have returned)
Santino
Morgan
Nipperkin
De-singe
Hugh Bliss
Ozzy
Bob the ghost from SOMI?
Noogie

Ok Hugh Bliss was a joke. But who do you think could appear?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Oh god I really want Wally to show up but I don't think it's going to happen. :(
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    Oh god I really want Wally to show up but I don't think it's going to happen. :(

i hope not cos then hes dead
  • edited November 2009
    Well, he doesn't necessarily have to show up in
    Land of the Dead.
    Maybe Wally would have been useful in past episodes where you needed maps, but now I can't think of any reason why he would need to be in the games unless maps are no longer his profession. (his profession wasn't brought up in Curse, anyway)
  • edited November 2009
    Manny Calavera?
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    Well, he doesn't necessarily have to show up in
    Land of the Dead.
    Maybe Wally would have been useful in past episodes where you needed maps, but now I can't think of any reason why he would need to be in the games unless maps are no longer his profession. (his profession wasn't brought up in Curse, anyway)

He was a pirate. And I'm sure he died after we didn't bother to free him.
  • edited November 2009
    There MUST be the parrot!
  • edited November 2009
    I want my sweetie De Singe!
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2009
    LeChuck variations: one for each previous MI + The original LeChuck (The one that died searching for Monkey Island)
  • edited November 2009
    Murray!
  • edited November 2009
    I think Morgan, De Singe and Santino are bankers.
  • edited November 2009
    Quick question - Can someone please link me to the thread or spoiler where we KNOW next chapter is going to involve the land of the dead? Last I heard it was just a theory. Did we get confirmation?
  • edited November 2009
    DeLuca wrote: »
    Quick question - Can someone please link me to the thread or spoiler where we KNOW next chapter is going to involve the land of the dead? Last I heard it was just a theory. Did we get confirmation?

I'd like to read that article or website, as well.
  • edited November 2009
    Don't forget Rapp Scallion. Or the Goodsoups.

Or Manny.
  • edited November 2009
    The article you guys ask about was from a Nintendo magazine, but I only found references to it in other threads. So I too would appreciate a link to it.
  • edited November 2009

Behold!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/GuruGuru214/NP-Monkey-1-1.jpg
    Last paragraph of second column.

And here's page two as well:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/GuruGuru214/NP-Monkey-2-1.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    doggans wrote: »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "doggans"!!!!!
    :)

So it will be the Land of the Undead.
  • edited November 2009
    doggans wrote: »

Cheers mate
  • edited November 2009
    too slow
  • edited November 2009
    I am crossing my fingers, praying, and doing a rain dance in hope that we will see LeChuck's Army of the Undead. I also kinda hope that this land of the undead is a city in the catacombs beneath Monkey Island.

Also, it better, for the sake of TTG, be skeletons to keep with the MI idea of the undead. *shakes fist*
  • edited November 2009
    Aren't Noogie and Wally the same character? Or possibly brothers? They just look so similar. :p
  • edited November 2009
    Wally wasn't chubby like noogie. Also he had a round head not a pear shaped one. :P
  • edited November 2009
    Murray should be there again, with his clicking mandibles of doom!
    He's UNdead anyway :D
  • edited November 2009
    The land of the undead should be like Dis in the Inferno. I doubt it will be, though.

I want:
    Morgan Le Flay
    Pyrite Parrot (somehow!)
    Guybrush (obviously)
    Bob,
    though he was ruthlessly sprayed-down by the callous Guybrush when he was undead, so I suppose technically he's now dead?
    That's about it?

Wally & Winslow need to meet each other in Ep1 of a second series. Those two...!

*EDIT: Actually given it's not actively punishing anyone, I suppose being like Dis would make no sense.

Ignore me!
  • edited November 2009
    Wally wasn't chubby like noogie. Also he had a round head not a pear shaped one. :P

Plus Wally only had one bad eye and needed a monocle (later replaced with an eyepatch), not glasses.

Also, Wally was decidedly not a pirate. He tried to be but he wasn't vicious, or hateful, or bloodthirsty, or anything. He wasn't even unpleasant!

Sorry, got carried away there.

And rats, someone posted my Nintendo Power scans before I could. Curse you, doggans! Naw, just kidding, I'm glad to see people's curiosity getting satisfied.
  • edited November 2009
    Nobody mentioned Guybrush parents yet.
    So im doing it now: Guybrush Parents.

But seriously i doubt they go that way.
  • edited November 2009
    The concept of a Murray that is flesh and bone, but is nice and still Denny Delk, saying the evil got seperated from his soul or something, sounds like fun!
  • edited November 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned Guybrush parents yet.
    So im doing it now: Guybrush Parents.

But seriously i doubt they go that way.

I did! It was just in another thread, three days ago.
    Maybe we'll get to meet Meathook's hands and Hemlock McGee's legs?

Seriously, though, maybe Captain Marley's dead crew. Or Minnie Goodsoup and Charles DeGoulash. Perhaps Guybrush's parents? Oh, and don't forget Herman Toothrot's dead friend! That reminds me, we don't know if the vegetarian cannibals survived the eruption of Mt. Acidophilus, or if the Lost Welshman remained in the world of the living after getting lost in the mist again. Oh, and there's always the members of the Plunder Island Naturalist Society who died in the giant snake and the quicksand.

A great gag would be if Governor Phatt was there, having had a massive heart attack.
  • edited November 2009
    Captain Marley and his crew (he can call Herman a lying lunatic to fix that retcon)
    Herman's dead buddy

I don't think Wally's dead, but meeting him down there would be funny... in a morbid way.
  • edited November 2009
    Dinghy dog?
  • edited November 2009
    Vira wrote: »
    Captain Marley and his crew (he can call Herman a lying lunatic to fix that retcon)

Nope, it's too late for that, Elaine already recognized Herman as "Grandpa".
  • edited November 2009
    so, land of the dead and (probably) rock of gelato? nice
  • edited November 2009
    i would really like to see murray in his human form, given that in the land of the (un)dead everyone is a ghostly appearance of his former intact self.
  • edited November 2009
    Nope, it's too late for that, Elaine already recognized Herman as "Grandpa".

its been years since she seen him hes an old man all old ppl look the same besides they might look identical and HT Marley might have hireed Herman Toothrot to stand in for him when he wants to go off sailing witch is why Herman thinks he is HT Marley
  • edited November 2009
    its been years since she seen him hes an old man all old ppl look the same besides they might look identical and HT Marley might have hireed Herman Toothrot to stand in for him when he wants to go off sailing witch is why Herman thinks he is HT Marley

I don't know, an uncanny resemblance theory feels like a bit of a reach to me (and I say that knowing full well how out there my own theory is).
  • edited November 2009
    I don't know, an uncanny resemblance theory feels like a bit of a reach to me (and I say that knowing full well how out there my own theory is).

well i can live in hope ^^
  • edited November 2009
    WALLLYYYYYYY!!!!

He's now the only character significantly "missing in action" and I want to know where he is!

It wouldn't surprise me if he'd got a temp admin job in LoTD or something like that...
  • edited November 2009
    Not going to lie, I think Herman Toothrots going to show up, he's the only one who hasn't yet.
  • edited November 2009
    Largo LaGrande. Whether he's actually dead or not is a mystery really since most people just assume he got blown up in Lechuck's fortress in MI2. It'd be nice to have some closure on that, plus I can imagine the heated discussions between him and Guybrush :D
  • edited November 2009
    Don't want to see any of these people there.

The only possible exception would be a minor appearance from Santino.
  • edited November 2009
    Mushrooms. I always knew there'd be mushrooms in hell.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.