What happened to Nipperkin?

edited September 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
Despite having read that Davey Nipperkin is dead so many times on these forums, I still don't know what the cause of his death was. I've searched for topics but it doesn't seem to be discussed anywhere. Replaying the first Episode also doesn't seem to clear anything up: all I found out was that he was suddenly gone and nowhere to be found.

Could anyone explain the cause of death for me? A big hug and a mug of grog for the one who can answer my question.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    You find out in Chapter 4 first, you get some info from Stan if you ask him about the old newspaper building. Then you hear from D'Oro about Nipperkin's death. Apparently he
    was killed in the fire that destroyed the Voodoo Lady's shack
  • edited November 2009
    I'll replay Chapter 4 tomorrow, thanks for the info! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Being that he's a reporter, I ask myself whether he accidentally burnt in that flames or if that was intended by the Voodoo Lady because he threatened to publish excerpts from her journal or something like that. What do you think?
  • edited November 2009
    first noogie and now nipperkin whats TTG got agianst minnor fat npcs none of the skinny minor npcs died (not counting desinge or morgan cos there major charecters and Santino was allready dead b4 TMI started)
  • edited November 2009
    first noogie and now nipperkin whats TTG got agianst minnor fat npcs none of the skinny minor npcs died (not counting desinge or morgan cos there major charecters and Santino was allready dead b4 TMI started)

They're fedup with us demanding that bit-parts get reprised in new games. They're killing them all off so they don't have to wade through these "who should return" threads! :p

In re: Nipperkin. That could be a good observation. He was the one who was getting the inside scoop from her. He didn't like to be in her pocket, so maybe he did some snooping and found out something he wasn't supposed to?
  • edited November 2009
    Terr002 wrote: »
    Could anyone explain the cause of death for me? A big hug and a mug of grog for the one who can answer my question.

Has The Commissioner received his "big hug and a mug of grog" yet?
  • edited November 2009
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Being that he's a reporter, I ask myself whether he accidentally burnt in that flames or if that was intended by the Voodoo Lady because he threatened to publish excerpts from her journal or something like that. What do you think?

Ah, he was prolly just asking "Deep Gut" about an ideal island to retire on, being rish from selling the shop to Stan.

They've made it pretty clear from press releases that Chapter 5 will feature Guybrush in the land of the dead - it wouldve been a bit daft if he just met Rapp Scallion and Ozzie Mandril, TTG probably wanted a few of their minor characters re-appearing there. (And if Guybrush and hopefully/surely Morgan will be coming back from beyond, they might just be bringing a crew of Noogie and Nipperkin with them). I dont mind much either way on that last one though. Nipperkin was fun but Noogie was a bit creepy if you ask me.
  • edited November 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    They're fedup with us demanding that bit-parts get reprised in new games. They're killing them all off so they don't have to wade through these "who should return" threads! :p

In re: Nipperkin. That could be a good observation. He was the one who was getting the inside scoop from her. He didn't like to be in her pocket, so maybe he did some snooping and found out something he wasn't supposed to?

He didn't exactly get widespread approval from us lot, either. They killed off the
    Soda Poppers
    in Sam & Max because we didn't like them, so they might be doing some fan service again.
  • edited November 2009
    Actually I found it quite sad that Nipperkin is dead. I would have liked to see him in court. I don´t find the bailiff and the guy with the cat very memorable or interesting; in fact, those two getting a bigger role are pretty much the only flaw in chapter 4 for me. I care for them so little I was not even aware who they were at first, snd I can´t remember their names.^^
    Nipperkin on the other hand could really sticks to my mind, and his death made me more sad than Morgan´s or Guybrush´s did; if only for the reason that I am so damn sure they will be revived anyway.
  • edited November 2009
    Takun wrote: »
    Guybrush in the land of the dead

Just being a bit pedantic, but it's the land of the undead. i.e. Those killed with some kind of hoodoo which makes them undead. Somebody who just simply died normally such as Ozzie Mandrill, couldn't be there.

I kinda liked Nipperkin, actually! :)
  • edited November 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    Somebody who just simply died normally such as Ozzie Mandrill, couldn't be there.

whats normal about being squashed by a statue thats pissed he keeps drawing to a monkey robot?
  • edited November 2009
    whats normal about being squashed by a statue thats pissed he keeps drawing to a monkey robot?

Well, okay, you have a point!
    But he wasn't killed in a way that you would expect him to be undead. Suppose it could happen, though.
  • edited November 2009
    I have a feeling there is a serial killer on the loose in the Caribbean .... one that is killing others that has his own face... THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!
  • edited November 2009
    I hope we meet Rapp again. Oh boy - I loved his whole 'disintegrating into ashes and back' trick :))
  • edited November 2009
    first noogie and now nipperkin whats TTG got agianst minnor fat npcs

We were complaining that there were too many of them... so they killed most of them. Good listening to fans
  • edited November 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    We were complaining that there were too many of them... so they killed most of them. Good listening to fans

Or it is all intentional because they will all appear with Guybrush in Chapter 5 and be part of
    some 3 trials to return to life
    Has The Commissioner received his "big hug and a mug of grog" yet?

Not yet :(

And can it be a mug of Grog XD?
  • edited November 2009
    Wait, what happened to Noogie?
  • edited November 2009

There's a whole thread dedicated to this. Use the search.
  • edited November 2009
    *gives the Commissioner a big hug*

And it can be a mug of Grog XD. ;) I'm just not sure how to send it, I'm sure the battery acid and other grog ingredients will eat through any way of postal service. On the other hand, I feel bad about not sending you Grog eXtra Delicious, so we'll have to work that out.

Thanks for the responses everyone. :P I'm really eager to know what will happen to all of them in Episode 5.
  • edited November 2009
    I hope we meet Rapp again. Oh boy - I loved his whole 'disintegrating into ashes and back' trick :))

That would be great!
  • edited September 2010

Noogie was killed while guybrush was getting the sponge, he disagreed with them or something, you can ask bugeye about it while he's on the ship.
  • edited September 2010
    Noogie was killed while guybrush was getting the sponge, he disagreed with them or something, you can ask bugeye about it while he's on the ship.

I think there's a tombstone of him in the afterlife, too.
  • edited September 2010
    EwenW wrote: »
    That would be great!

That was the only thing that disappointed me in lechuck's revenge: SE, he appeared and disappeared too fast, and the sound never matched, plus there was ashes of him while he was talking, making it not as sad as the original game
  • edited September 2010

Well, when you talk to Bugeye about what happened to Noogie, this is what Bugeye claims:

Bugeye: Noogie had a hard time re-adjusting to crew-life. He wasn't ready to give up on Democracy.
    Guybrush: So he founded his own political party and sailed away peacefully?
    Bugeye: Sure. He went to a quiet farm upstate.

Of course, I didn't know that Bugeye is lying through his teeth.
  • edited September 2010
    Serious thread necromancy.

I think most characters died because they didn't have a use anymore and models were too similar to other fat short pirates.
  • edited September 2010
    I've wondered the same thing about Largo for years. Yeah he could died in LeChuck's Fortress but we never see a body, and LeChuck,Wally and Guybrush survived so why couldn't Largo?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.