get it. Get IT GET IIITTTTT!!!!!:D
    Especially if you love comedy/homestarrunner.com

agreed
  • edited November 2009
    Yes. Yes, yes, yes, & yes!
  • edited November 2009
    i already ended this debate guys
  • edited November 2009
    I'd say... look around. See what other people have to say to see if it's something you'd like.
  • edited November 2009
    Just one more thing to say. There is a free demo of all of the episodes, try those and see if you like them.
  • edited November 2009
    No.

It's easily Telltale's worst series.

Get Sam and Max instead.
  • edited November 2009
    No.

Get Sam and Max instead.

Strongly disagree. Bone is the only Telltale series that I'd say stands out as being sub-par. The Strong Bad series is what got me hooked on Telltale in the first place, and it's right up there with Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, and Tales of Monkey Island.

Just try the demos to see if the style of humor is something you can enjoy.
  • edited November 2009
    No.

Get Sam and Max instead.

For someone who has a username after the homestar series it is unknown why you would post a hateful comment to it like that, care to explain, which frankly you do best...
  • edited November 2009
    I would get it.

Unlike Monkey Island, Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit, I knew nothing of Homestar Runner before I downloaded the game. When it was first announced, I didn't really pay much notice, as it wasn't a familiar brand. But going on the basis of enjoying all the other things Telltale made, I eventually got it and I thought it was a very entertaining game series. You get to know the characters while playing.

Afterwards, I was curious so I visited homestarrunner.com and watched virtually every toon on there and all the Strong Bad emails and now I visit there every week because it's hilarious.

So this game introduced me to a whole new world and now in retrospect the games are even funnier because now I also know all the in-jokes. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    I would get it.

Unlike Monkey Island, Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit, I knew nothing of Homestar Runner before I downloaded the game. When it was first announced, I didn't really pay much notice, as it wasn't a familiar brand. But going on the basis of enjoying all the other things Telltale made, I eventually got it and I thought it was a very entertaining game series. You get to know the characters while playing.

Afterwards, I was curious so I visited homestarrunner.com and watched virtually every toon on there and all the Strong Bad emails and now I visit there every week because it's hilarious.

So this game introduced me to a whole new world and now in retrospect the games are even funnier because now I also know all the in-jokes. ;)

Sam here.
  • edited November 2009
    No.

Get Sam and Max instead.

You're the nly one here that is posting hateful comments about sbcg4ap. Although I do reccomend sam and max. I don't reccomend sam and max over sbcg4ap I thought they wer just as funny and similar. Similar gameplay, similar funny humor,
    epic final boss to end the season(for sam and max I was talking about season 1's final boss)
  • edited November 2009
    Sam here.

No one cares if your here, Sam!
  • edited November 2009
    No one cares if your here, Sam!

darn it!!
  • edited November 2009
    darn it!!

Heh! Heh!
  • edited November 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    You're the nly one here that is posting hateful comments about sbcg4ap. Although I do reccomend sam and max. I don't reccomend sam and max over sbcg4ap I thought they wer just as funny and similar. Similar gameplay, similar funny humor,
    epic final boss to end the season(for sam and max I was talking about season 1's final boss)
    Oh no, certainly not hateful. It's just below a par set by Sam and Max. It's by no means bad(and I'd even say it's good), but when Sam and Max is the same price? It's just not a question for me. I like the Homestar Runner cartoons as much as any sane person, it's just something that I'd rank at the bottom of Telltale's episodic gaming list(which, admittedly, doesn't have a single bad title yet*).

It's not a bad game. I enjoyed it and it's fun. I just didn't enjoy it as much as Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, or Tales of Monkey Island. So it wouldn't be the first game I'd recommend in the Telltale catalog. My guess is that their first big simultaneous console release and the shading style took up resources and impacted other parts of the game's quality.

*"bad title" refers to a season as a whole, there are bad individual episodes in some seasons, but the seasons overall are generally good.
  • edited November 2009
    Aww peas! I wanted to buy this game, but I waited too long and now the price is back up to $35 from $20. No Good!!!!

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! Either the sale is still on...or by placing it in my cart during the sale locked in the price! Now for some "DOWNLOADS!!!" so I can play my "GAMES!!!" Sooo Good!
  • edited November 2009
    Ah, Strong Bad... what a freaking awesome game.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, one thing Stong Bad has is the most replayability. All the other TT series stand out in their own way, Sam and Max's Humor, TOMI's Story, Wallace's Pretty Graphics, but Strong Bad you can play over and over (much like the flash series) and still not get tired of it.
  • edited January 2010
    Lets see..... everyone said yes................ so ill go different and say NOOOOOOOOOOO (not really)
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah, one thing Stong Bad has is the most replayability. All the other TT series stand out in their own way, Sam and Max's Humor, TOMI's Story, Wallace's Pretty Graphics, but Strong Bad you can play over and over (much like the flash series) and still not get tired of it.

Tis true...
  • edited January 2010
    Should I use my coupon for the first game of the series or another one? Does the story line carry over from one to the next?
  • edited January 2010
    Should I use my coupon for the first game of the series or another one? Does the story line carry over from one to the next?

I recommend getting episode two or three. One is the weakest by far.
  • edited January 2010
    Footnote wrote: »
    Strongly disagree. Bone is the only Telltale series that I'd say stands out as being sub-par. The Strong Bad series is what got me hooked on Telltale in the first place, and it's right up there with Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, and Tales of Monkey Island.

Just try the demos to see if the style of humor is something you can enjoy.

exactly what it did to me!
  • edited January 2010
    exactly what it did to me!

So I won't be missing out on any story line or anything?
  • edited January 2010
    So I won't be missing out on any story line or anything?
    I'd personally play them in order. There's a bit that carries over. It's kind of like the toons on the site, really. While the "story" isn't really a focus as much as the humor, there are running jokes, references, and a bit of story that carry over. While it's true that the episodes are MOSTLY independent, I don't personally think that playing them out of order is the way to go.
  • edited January 2010
    I've never seen the cartoons, does that matter at all?
  • edited January 2010
    I've never seen the cartoons, does that matter at all?
    Sort of. You'll find yourself missing a lot of inside jokes, but apparently people who've never seen the toons have enjoyed the games. The humor has a few less in-jokes than the recent Since they're free online flash animations, though, I'd go through and watch a bunch of them before playing. If not to get an idea of whether or not the humor appeals to you in the first place, then just get a crash course on some running gags and references.

I don't think it's been a huge problem for anybody, but I'd still watch at least a few of them.
  • edited January 2010
    Sam here.

Max here

Also, i think you should get the game
  • edited January 2010
    Funny,yes!
    without any fun or any others ,give up!
  • edited January 2010
    I recommend getting episode two or three. One is the weakest by far.

agreed, but episode 4 i say by far is the best(and probably longest. I reccomend it if you seen the dangeresque sbemails.
  • edited January 2010
    agreed, but episode 4 i say by far is the best(and probably longest. I reccomend it if you seen the dangeresque sbemails.

That was the first one I played because I got it for free. It introduced me to the whole Homestar Runner universe!
  • edited January 2010
    That was the first one I played because I got it for free. It introduced me to the whole Homestar Runner universe!

Did you get episode 4 through the monkey island preorder freebie?
  • edited January 2010
    Yes, get this game. People stating that this is a subpar game obviously haven't given it a chance or are new to these types of games. You could always rent it, give it a try, and then return it if you aren't satisfied, but I think this game will exceed expectations you'll have for it after these people's posts.
  • edited January 2010
    Did you get episode 4 through the monkey island preorder freebie?

Nope. I think I got it free in March 2009 as part of a pre-order for Wallace and Gromit. At least that's what my Games page invoice tells me...

It was specificly Dangeresque 3 and not any of the other Strongbad games. Otherwise I would have played them in order (and they also gave away Ice Station Santa from Sam & Max season 2 for free at the same time - sounds like it was a cool deal, with two free games from other series... but as I already had Ice Station Santa I got multiple codes for that now... ;)).

Having never known anything about Homestar Runner, it was a bit confusing to see the characters the first time and think Coach Z was called Renaldo...
  • edited February 2010
    I'm playing through one of the games now that I got for free from my TOMI pre-order. I wouldn't spend money on one of these. The production values are low (albeit on-purpose because of the IP) and as for the humor, I'd rather just watch the videos from the website.
  • edited February 2010
    Discuss.

No.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.