Sam & Max: system requirements?

edited November 2006 in Game Support
could you please post the system requirements for Windows?

Will there be a Mac OS X version?

PS: Couldn't find the system spec's on the website and/or forums.:(

Comments

• edited November 2006
    If found these ones, but not shure if they are correct.

Source
    System Requirements:

**Required**

* Processor: 800MHz (if using a video card with hardware T&L)
    * 1.5GHz (if using a video card without hardware T&L)
    * RAM: 256MB
    * Video card: 32MB 3D-accelerated video card
    * Hard drive space: 230MB available

**Recommended**

* Processor: 1.5 GHz
    * RAM: 512MB
    * Video card: 32MB 3D-accelerated video card
    * Hard drive space: 230MB available
  • edited November 2006
    If you've got an old computer like mine, make sure you keep the resolution at 800x600. It makes a big difference. With that resolution it runs very smoothly on an AMD Athlon 700 MHz with a fairly good video card (GeForce FX 5700 LE, 128 MB).
  • edited November 2006
    also, if you are using an integrated intel chip make sue its not one of the ones on this list, as it doesnt support hardware transform and lighting wich is required to play these games. If so, adding a GPU(graphics processor unit, or something) generally will fix this problem. I almost missed out on S&M culture shock because i had one of the ones on that list (as documented in this thread) and have since upgraded my GPU to a geforce 5500 256 (thanks again to all who helped me figure that out, even if i missed a message or two ;) )
  • edited November 2006
    I'm playing it with a Geforce4 440 GO, 64 MB. I have 1.7 Ghz pentium4 and 512 RAM.
    The graphics aren't anywhere near as good as the ones seen on screen shots or movie trailers. Is this normal? I've set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 and high quality graphics, but they really don't look very good.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    I made a tiny change, but otherwise, those specs are correct. We will be getting them up on the website, hopefully this week.

Mfavre, the Geforce4 is a pretty old card, so yeah, it's not surprising that it doesn't look as good on your computer as in the screenshots. My computer at home has a Geforce2 card and the other specs are the same as yours. The high quality graphics worked fine (which is good because you get anti-aliasing), but the textures weren't as nice looking as on my computer at work (which has a much newer Geforce card, and is incidentally the computer most of the screenshots and gameplay videos were taken from!)
  • edited November 2006
    I don't know much about hardware.

I use:
    - Athlon 1 GHz.
    - 256 MB RAM
    - GeForce2 MX/MX 400 with 32 MB

Will this work?:confused:

And will there be am Mac OS X version?:cool:
  • edited November 2006
    You can download the demo and see, because there isn't any diffrence.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    DE255, you should be okay, but you might need to put the graphics and resolution on low settings.

As Gilfe said, try the demo... it's the full version of the game with only a small part unlocked. (You have to pay to unlock the rest.) If that works, the game will work.

We may do a Mac port someday but don't have any immediate plans for one. The game runs well under Boot Camp though.
  • edited November 2006
    ok, thanks. I will try the demo.

As my Mac is a PowerPC bootcamp isn't an option. :(
This discussion has been closed.