Could It Be?

The homestarrunner.com site hasn't been updated with a new toon since November 2nd. Now I may be over/under thinking this, or just plain jumping to conclusions. But since the website hasn't been updated with a toon in a while, doesn't that make a slight possibility that they could be working on a Season 2 for SBCG4AP? It happen during 2007/2008ish. Could it be happening now, is the long wait over, is there something new on the rise, Are hremails sbemails? Uhhh, can you say: MIND BLOW!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    The homestarrunner.com site hasn't been updated with a new toon since November 2nd. Now I may be over/under thinking this, or just plain jumping to conclusions. But since the website hasn't been updated with a toon in a while, doesn't that make a slight possibility that they could be working on a Season 2 for SBCG4AP? It happen during 2007/2008ish. Could it be happening now, is the long wait over, is there something new on the rise, Are hremails sbemails? Uhhh, can you say: MIND BLOW!

Homestarrunner.com did stop being worked on for a while when sbcg4ap came out(which I loved) so maybe we will get one. PLEASE TELLTALE I'VE GOT NOTHING TO PLAYminus tales
  • edited November 2009
    Maybe they just can't think of new stuff. Some of the new toons were kinda lame. Or I'm just not into Homestar anymore. I hope not, I'm getting bored of the old ones. Oh, no! I'm loosing my love for Homestar! Aaaauugh!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Well, the site says it was updated on November 19, and they're probably just taking a break for Thanksgiving or doing the Thanksgiving toon which might be out this week.

I'm sure they must have Thanksgiving dinners to go to and stuff.

I also did not get to watch any US TV shows this week because they all took a Thanksgiving break. :(
  • edited November 2009
    Alright, but if anything humorous happens to the Chapman Bros. during thanksgiving break, they better recreate it in humorous cartoonish style, or else
  • edited November 2009
    Well, the site says it was updated on November 19, and they're probably just taking a break for Thanksgiving or doing the Thanksgiving toon which might be out this week.

I also did not get to watch any US TV shows this week because they all took a Thanksgiving break. :(

I wouldn't count the decemberween cards as an update, but it's also possible they took a thanksgiving break.

I still have my hopes up for them working on game
  • edited November 2009
    Updates have been sporadic for a while. I assumed they were losing interest in working on the site.
  • edited December 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Updates have been sporadic for a while. I assumed they were losing interest in working on the site.

If I'm not mistaken, they live off of the sales made from the site, so I wouldn't think they'd lose interest in working on it, unless they recently got new jobs somewhere.
  • edited December 2009
    C'mon, young whipper-snappers, learn your history! the 6th is the TENTH anniversary of the site! They're definitely preparing something Spectacular for us! i hope.....
  • edited December 2009
    C'mon, young whipper-snappers, learn your history! the 6th is the TENTH anniversary of the site! They're definitely preparing something Spectacular for us! i hope.....

And the 13% off sale to celebrate 13 years on the sight was fake then?
  • edited December 2009
    No, the site's been around for almost ten years. But the original Homestar Runner book was made in 1996, that's probably what the sale was referring to.
  • edited December 2009
    It's true. A one week hiatus is generally because they're doing an event thing. Or they have lives, as human beings. Or they just didn't want to do something this week.

When they're gone for a month, get back to me.
  • edited December 2009
    Oooh. I just check the offici- excuse me. *Ahem* OFFICIAL H*R FEEDBURNER PAGE AND IT- sorry. and it says that yet another heir to the chapman throne has just been born. Will there be a TenthYearIversery toon now? ^GASP^!
  • edited December 2009
    Oooh. I just check the offici- excuse me. *Ahem* OFFICIAL H*R FEEDBURNER PAGE AND IT- sorry. and it says that yet another heir to the chapman throne has just been born. Will there be a TenthYearIversery toon now? ^GASP^!

10th anniversery, huh! Wow, I always wondered when the date was, I hope there is a spectacular event, no! A ZAWESOME!!!! or ZINCREDIBLE Event!!!

they also had an old Ten year thing when (The) Homestar Runner was created, published, and booked.
    in 1996-2006. See it Here: http://www.homestarrunner.com/10years.html
  • edited December 2009

Heh Heh, you said Wipper.....Snapper......history....Spectacular..........us......
  • edited December 2009
    Ok, Now it's been a little more than a month since the sites been updated with an ACTUAL TOON!!! What could they be up to?
  • edited December 2009
    Like i said: the official feedburner page (yeah, no dramatic voice this time) said that Matt(probably) had another baby. Cmon! Are you telling me that you aren't subscribed?
  • edited December 2009
    Like i said: the official feedburner page (yeah, no dramatic voice this time) said that Matt(probably) had another baby. Cmon! Are you telling me that you aren't subscribed?

No. But I do read the homestar wiki and the Main page said new baby vs new updates or something like that.
  • edited December 2009

What if its Mike?
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry but the real reason is not a game or 10th anniversery. Nope it's a New baby! read this: "A new very, very little girl has been birthed unto the Chaps family so please be patient with updates as we head into the year's end. Thanks for your patience and high five!" yep that's it alright! it didn't go into great detail but it's better to know than not know. I haven't checked it a while so, yeah. We might get a Decemberween toon but that's probally it. For this year... :o:o:o:o:o.......:D
  • edited December 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, they live off of the sales made from the site, so I wouldn't think they'd lose interest in working on it, unless they recently got new jobs somewhere.
  • edited December 2009
    amir90p wrote: »
    It's been a decade. On more or less the same characters. I'm honestly surprised at their resiliance. How many small-time creative operations go on for ten years? There are a ton of entertainment franchises that don't last as long as Homestar Runner.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ever packed up the Homestar universe, set it aside, and went to work on something else.
  • edited December 2009
    It's been a decade. On more or less the same characters. I'm honestly surprised at their resiliance. How many small-time creative operations go on for ten years? There are a ton of entertainment franchises that don't last as long as Homestar Runner.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ever packed up the Homestar universe, set it aside, and went to work on something else.

Well, Spongebob has gone for ten years without any major additions. You know, what they really need to do is Stinkoman Level 10. It's been 4 years and nothing has been said...
  • edited December 2009

As a matter of fact, they did do this!
  • edited December 2009
    dentbuds wrote: »
    As a matter of fact, they did do this!

Along with this
  • edited December 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Along with this

Interesting...
  • edited December 2009
    I'm just waiting for Homestar vs. Very Very Very Little Other Girl.
  • edited December 2009
    tredlow wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for Homestar vs. Very Very Very Little Other Girl.

You mean vs New baby
  • edited December 2009
    Perhaps they're spending this entire time working on an awesome decemberween toon and maybe a *gasp* extra long (8min?) toon to welcome in the new decade?

God, I hope so!
  • edited December 2009
    It's really old news by now if I'm not mistaken.
  • edited December 2009
    It's a month old, but that doesn't change much.
  • edited December 2009
    It's true. A one week hiatus is generally because they're doing an event thing. Or they have lives, as human beings. Or they just didn't want to do something this week.

When they're gone for a month, get back to me.

The site hasn't been updated since the first of december. It's now the 26th. WTF?!?
  • edited December 2009
    ted12 wrote: »
    The site hasn't been updated since the first of december. It's now the 26th. WTF?!?
    ted12: I want toons
    BrothasChaps: But there is a new baby on the scene that we really need to attend to, we have real lives and a real new baby to deal with.
    ted12: Apparently I don't care or didn't bother to read what has been posted numerous times in this thread.
  • edited December 2009
    ted12 wrote: »

Closer, but 25 days is still less than a month.
  • edited January 2010
    I say we wait until the end of March or June. Either way, it's just a matter of getting stuff together. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd do a farewell toon. Or maybe I would be surprised.
  • edited July 2010
    Ben Again wrote: »
    Oh, no! I'm loosing my love for homestar! Aaaauugh!!!
    Code red! Code red!
  • edited August 2010
    On the Homestar Runner updates, Matt Chapman is taking a break from Homestar Runner to make a stopmotion movie called "Monster Safari" with Craig Zobel. It takes 2 Chaps to make a series. It has a 2012 release date, so don't hold your breath for anything new for awhile.

Now Matt Chapman does the voices, so there's no chance of a new season of SBCG4AP being made while he's busy.

I can possibly imagine Mike animating several episodes to have his brother do the voices for when he's done, or perhaps he was forced to get a desk job.
  • edited September 2010
    According to the site, it was updated on November 19, and they're probably just taking a break for Thanksgiving or doing the Thanksgiving toon which might be out this week.

• edited September 2010
    markphil wrote: »
    According to the site, it was updated on November 19, and they're probably just taking a break for Thanksgiving or doing the Thanksgiving toon which might be out this week.

Isn't thanksgiving in november?
  • edited September 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    On the Homestar Runner updates, Matt Chapman is taking a break from Homestar Runner to make a stopmotion movie called "Monster Safari" with Craig Zobel. It takes 2 Chaps to make a series. It has a 2012 release date, so don't hold your breath for anything new for awhile.

Now Matt Chapman does the voices, so there's no chance of a new season of SBCG4AP being made while he's busy.

I can possibly imagine Mike animating several episodes to have his brother do the voices for when he's done, or perhaps he was forced to get a desk job.

Getting off topic: wouldn't that be a great plot for SBCG4AP Season 2?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.