Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    ... :(
    Your mention of frangipane made me realise I didn't get galette this year. Stupid Canada that doesn't celebrate King's Day >.>

This is why we must all bow down to the cake! LET US EAT CAKE!
  • edited February 2010
    The cake is a lie.
  • edited February 2010
    The cake is a lie.

I knew someone would bring this one up :D
  • edited February 2010
    twas only a matter of time
  • edited February 2010
    OMG, CAKE IS A LIE! So does that mean every one of my birthdays was fake..
  • edited February 2010
    no, only the cake you ate was wishing you a crappy birthday instead of happy
  • edited February 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    OMG, CAKE IS A LIE! So does that mean every one of my birthdays was fake..

Yes. You were never born. You are a hologram. Did I just blow your mind?
  • edited February 2010
    If anyone mentions a soylent green cake, I'm out of here.
  • edited February 2010
    soylent1.jpg

Soylent Green is cake!!!!!!

Oh come on, I had to be the one to quote Heston.
  • edited February 2010
    Pistacho?
  • edited February 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Pistacho?

Not quite ...
  • edited February 2010
    ahhh nuts.

that pun out of the way. time for the obvious to even me who has not seen the movie...
    SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Ok, but I just wanted to post something for the sake of posting.... you know, for the posts!
  • edited February 2010
    This whole thread is madness.
  • edited February 2010
    planet-04-300dpi-1024x792.jpg
    IT'S A MADHOUSE! A MADHOUUUSSSSE!!

Madness?

420825-i257.photobucket.com-albums-hh209-ellypse-sparta.gif

THIS IS SPARTA!
  • edited February 2010
    Goddammit! Athens won the war, ATHENS!! Stupid, violent oligarchists can go lick themselves!
  • edited February 2010
    *Eating popcorn*
  • edited February 2010
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Telltale have in store for us this season. The concept art we've seen definitely shows promise (especially the rocket ship with Max's head), so hopefully we'll see them spending less time on the street and more time exploring new locations. It'll also be interesting to compare graphical quality between season two and three due to all the updates their engine has seen over time.

I don't think we can be too far off an announcement now.
  • edited February 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Telltale have in store for us this season. The concept art we've seen definitely shows promise (especially the rocket ship with Max's head), so hopefully we'll see them spending less time on the street and more time exploring new locations. It'll also be interesting to compare graphical quality between season two and three due to all the updates their engine has seen over time.

A non off topic post!!! *GASP*

The end is NIGH!
  • edited February 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »

Yeah I'm really interested in seeing how Sam & Max look compared to Season 2.
  • edited February 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm really interested in seeing how Sam & Max look compared to Season 2.

As am I. The first thing I thought when I saw discussion for Season 3 was "how is Telltale going to top THAT?" I'm excited to see what they have in store for this and from looks of the concept art, they're going to go far--and that makes this fangirl very happy indeed :D
  • edited February 2010
    I hope we can have real control over Max in this season. Like you can switch control between Sam and Max. That they have to work together to solve a puzzle, and not only Sam.
  • edited February 2010
    As am I. The first thing I thought when I saw discussion for Season 3 was "how is Telltale going to top THAT?" I'm excited to see what they have in store for this and from looks of the concept art, they're going to go far--and that makes this fangirl very happy indeed :D

They have a question about it in the survey. That's make me think about a new style for them or something. I don't wanna make me illusions though.
    Red_Sun wrote: »
    I hope we can have real control over Max in this season. Like you can switch control between Sam and Max. That they have to work together to solve a puzzle, and not only Sam.

Max was in the inventory in Hit the Road. So, maybe he will back to be an item. But I don't want to raise any hopes about that either.
  • edited February 2010
    After all, gratuitous acts of senseless violence are his forte.

Come to think of it, that could be a fun achievement thingy in-game: find the 100 acts of senseless violence hidden throughout the city to unlock a Jason Voorhees costume for Sam and a Chuckie-doll one for Max.
  • edited February 2010
    After all, gratuitous acts of senseless violence are his forte.

Come to think of it, that could be a fun achievement thingy in-game: find the 100 acts of senseless violence hidden throughout the city to unlock a Jason Voorhees costume for Sam and a Chuckie-doll one for Max.

I'm supposed to be working, don't give more ideas to draw!
  • edited February 2010
    Red_Sun wrote: »

Interesting. You could switch freely between characters in Bone (if I remember correctly) and more recently the gameplay was split between Wallace & Gromit. You never really see Sam & Max apart though, which would mean puzzles would have to be designed with each character specifically in mind. I think it could swing either way - something that feels tacked on, or a great addition to the gameplay. I did enjoy the brief time we had control over Max in Nights of the Raving Dead, but it worked well in the situation.
  • edited February 2010
    I would really like it if added (otherwise I wouldn't suggest it myself before).

Adds another depth to puzzle solving, especially if we only still get 1 action (click!) per element.
  • edited February 2010
    I did love in the Bone game how you could switch between two different characters in different locations.. It could work in Sam & Max..
  • edited February 2010
    Oh PLEASE let there be some Sam and Max plush dolls this time around.
  • edited February 2010
    Ajax wrote: »
    Oh PLEASE let there be some Sam and Max plush dolls this time around.

That was random...

But I do hope there will be some puzzles where you have to use max like in Hit the road, dare I say it but that would be awesome.
  • edited February 2010
    I'd imagine Sam and Max plushies in the game would swiftly be used for Voodoo purposes, possibly involving a slingshot.
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I'd imagine Sam and Max plushies in the game would swiftly be used for Voodoo purposes, possibly involving a slingshot.

plus a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle inventing email.
  • edited February 2010
    plus a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle inventing email.

Yes, that is true. Mr. Ribs.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    wooo! season 3! ya!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    wooo! season 3! ya!

Why are you awake right now? Why am I?
  • edited February 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Why are you awake right now? Why am I?

Because you're both crazy excited about the game you're going to announce in a few hours? Right?

Right?
  • edited February 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Because you're both crazy excited about the game you're going to announce in a few hours? Right?

Right?

Oh, please!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Yep. I'm here to announce that the game is awesome. And you can't wait to play it.
  • edited February 2010
    ....Proof it!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    ....Proof it!

Take a look at it's entry at How awesome is it?!?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.