Virtual Tour

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I think it would be cool to have a virtual tour of the locations in the game, so we can see all the jokes on all the surfaces mostly obscured in the game itself.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Hmm... interesting idea. Maybe Sam could be holding the camcorder, and every now and then Max's ears pop into view. :D

During the credits of Final Fantasy 8 there is a segment that's supposed to be the characters at a party and it's being taped on a hand-held camcorder. I always thought that was really cool.
  • edited November 2006
    Yes, that wouldbe kind of retro and jerky nice as well too thy can also dance around for a bit and then sometimes Max can be like 'Ooh, ooh!" and Sam too can be actig like a wacko.
  • edited November 2006
    I would either like a video, like Emily is talking about, or a free roaming tour, like I think Quuux is talking about. First person, and with a zoom function. Because there are some jokes on papers, etc... that are too small for me to read.
  • edited November 2006
    hmm... details are good in game and movies because you don't notice them the first time... I love movies where, after viewing it ten times, I discover new things each time. Having this "free" view would break the magic of scenography and the pleasure to discover new details each play, from notes written on a wall to partially hidden posters.
    I understand what Derwin says, but you can pause the game, and try to use, I dont know, a magnifying glass ^^ I remember an adventure game called Normality, where the walkthrough, contained on the handheld and delivered as enigmas, couldn't be read without a mirror... I think easter eggs and "hidden" jokes are funny and entertaining because they are hidden or difficult to view. I remember a time where people were taking shots of their screen and posting them to the web to show things never seen before, giving clues and tips to see it too. And that was just like discovering treasures under the sand, or understand an old joke you'd never get before, since many years ^^

If you people know Shenmue II, you must see what I mean, there is so much secrets in this game, I played it four times and I'm sure I haven't discovered everything ^^ and there is also these screenshots of people who have seen things, and bring us new details or part of the story, past and present ^^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.