Sam and max crashing

edited December 2006 in Game Support
Hi,
The game crashes and resets my computer, usually before finishing the intro.
Have played for about 5mins once, then the same happened.
My specifications are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
1gb DDR2 memory
Geforce 6600GT 128mb PCI express Card (latest nvidia Drivers)
DirectX 9.0c

Have tried taskmanager allocating just one core to the game, but the same happened.

Really enjoyed the original Sam and max game, and was really looking forward to this one :(
Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Have you tried lowering the graphics quality to "low" and changing the game resolution? Does that have any effect?

Of course, you can only do that once you're past the intro (unless the game managed to auto save that one time you got past that point). Also try deleting prefs.prop before you run the game.

I don't know that these things will help, but they're the standard advice for crashes, so if you've tried it and they don't work, let us know.
  • edited November 2006
    Hi,
    Deleted prefs.prop and the game now runs in a window instead of fullscreen, but still restarts (didnt even get past the opening credits).
    Will try an older version of the nvidia driver to see if it makes any differnce.
  • edited November 2006
    Hi,
    Am using an older nvidia driver, works fine in windowed mode, and in low resolution normal mode (does the same reset thing in high resolution).
    The driver version i have gone to is forceware 81.95.
    (running in 800x600)
    Have finished the demo now too :)
    Will definately be purchasing the full version
    Cheers
    edited November 2006
    Thanks for the info. Sometimes older drivers work best. The video drivers on my computer at home are several years old... the newer ones break all sorts of things!
  • edited December 2006
    I'm using the newest nvidia driver too, I think- how do I change to a earlier version so that it will not crash during the intro? Where is it in settings?
    edited December 2006
    You can just go to nVidia's website and download older drivers. Do a System Restore on your computer before you do this, and if you don't like the new (old) drivers, you can get back to the ones you currently have installed by going back to the System Restore checkpoint.
This discussion has been closed.