S&M for the Wii

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
A quick question for the TellTale team. Are you considering developing Sam & Max and other adventures for the Nintendo Wii? To me it seems like the Wii was invented for the purpose, with the Wiimote functioning as a pointing device. I'd be all over it. I seem to recall a rumour talking about this. Will you be willing to shed some light on it?

Comments

• edited November 2006
  • edited November 2006
    Udvarnoky wrote: »

Thanks, i read ya, but has there been any further evolvement?
    The Wii is without doubt a superb fit with the adventure genre, and getting S&M on there could help the genre regain it's potential.

I'm gonna write the big N an email. :D
  • edited November 2006
    Whoops. When you said all your heard were rumors I figured you hadn't seen that blog.

As the very beginning of the blog entry states, there's no need to email Nintendo on the matter. And no, there's been no further development since then, only that they're "looking into it." Don't believe anyone who tells you it's definitely happening (which I've seen people say) until you hear it from Telltale.
  • edited November 2006
    If you check the bottom of the blog, it says differently:
    "But it would be even better if you'd contact Nintendo and tell them what a great idea it is. Maybe if enough fans write in, they'll take notice?"

Also, can you tell me how you know there haven't been any further development?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    elsenator wrote: »
    If you check the bottom of the blog, it says differently:
    "But it would be even better if you'd contact Nintendo and tell them what a great idea it is. Maybe if enough fans write in, they'll take notice?"

Yes, but the Friday afternoon update at the top of the blog asks you not to. ;)

If/when we have anything more to say about the Wii, we'll announce it. Until then, don't believe what you read on the internet. Surprisingly few of the websites that reported the Wii rumors even contacted us before writing their stories. :p (A few of the ones that did check with us and report accurate information are linked to here.)
  • edited November 2006
    Thank you very much :)

... Nothing to see here, move along!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.