Hit The Road/Mac OSX question..

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Seeing as how this appears to be the most active Sam&Max forum online these days, I figure it's worth a shot to ask this random question here. And yes, I know telltale != lucasarts, but I figure fans are fans :D

I'm looking to pick up Sam & Max hit the road to play again. I played it years ago on an old Mac, and the Mac versions go for cheaper on eBay, so I figure I'll look for it to play on my new(er) Mac. My question is about compatibility: The game is PPC native, which is what my current mac is, so no worries about Intel/PPC issues. But I'll definitely have to play it under Mac Classic mode since it's certainly not OSX native. Anyone know how well it runs under this condition?

Unfortunately I won't be able to rely on SCUMMVM, but I'm curious how well this runs under Classic on a modern/OSX Mac. I've tried replaying some other games from my youth (At The Carnival, 3 In Three) that don't do to well under Classic. I know the intersect of "Mac OSX Users" and "Owners of S&M Hit The Road for Mac" is probably very slim, but figured it was worth a shot to ask. Has anyone done this?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Unfortunately I won't be able to rely on SCUMMVM,

Why not? There's a Mac version of ScummVM, isn't there?

If you have a PC, the Mac version even runs on a PC using ScummVM.
  • edited November 2006
    ScummVM is also working fine here...

Sometimes i'm in the mood to start up The Dig (just copied the content from the pc cd to the harddrive) via ScummVM on a tiger/ppc machine. I do have no problems with that so far beside of maybe Loading&Saving is so fast... :O)

Regards,

taumel
  • edited November 2006
    Yep SCUMMVM works fin on both PPC and Intel. You don't need to launch Classic. And it recognize Mac and PC HtR ;)
    (A thread about it on SCUMMVM's forum : http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2764 )
  • edited November 2006
    Ack. Well drat, I totally overlooked the Mac release on their site. Oh well, this makes things *much* easier! :D Hooray for things!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.