How can I give it as a gift?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I know lots of people who'd love this game as an Xmas gift, but when I bought it for myself I couldn't see an easy way to buy it on behalf of somebody else.

Buying some kind of online voucher would be cool... maybe it sends an ecard type thing along with a link to download the game.

Any ideas for a way I can do it myself, though?

Comments

• MelMel
    edited November 2006
    That's a great idea (the e card with download link) :) but you'd have to warn the recipient it was coming just in case it got shuttled off by a spam filter.
  • edited November 2006
    Yes, and it can also be a great way to introduce people to Sam and Max--who wouldn't play a game that they receive as a gift?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    We're batting around some ideas for this sort of thing.

In the meantime, the best way to buy a downloadable game as a gift for someone is to place an order for only that game, and create a password that you don't mind sharing. Then provide the person you bought it for with the order number and password so they can activate the game.
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks for the tip Emily...

Blogger did something similar to this a couple of years ago. Instead of creating a fancy gift-giving application, they went for a crafty alternative:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42003&topic=8934
Sign in to comment in this discussion.