Sam & Max: The Case Gilbert

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
Casegilbert.jpg
Years ago, there was a Sam & Max fanproject called the Case Gilbert; perhaps some of you even remember it. Today I was reminded of it when I found this article. Once it was quite a well-known game (they even released a demo), but there were no new since 2007. What do you think about it and does anyone know anything about its fate?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    There wasn't anything but a demo, according to the creator. His ambition died and so did the game. It's too bad; it looked incredibly promising.

You can still find the old DEMO HERE
  • edited March 2010
    Appena lo ho caricato programmi oggetto e fatto funzionare. È piuttosto buono, anche se I can' l'aiuto di t ma pensa che l'inglese scadente aggiunga al fascino…. Mi domando se qualcuno spingesse semplicemente lo scritto italiano con il traduttore o qualcosa di Babelfish?
  • edited March 2010
    His ambition died and so did the game.
    Did the creator himself confirm it?
  • edited March 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    Did the creator himself confirm it?

Yeah, a while back. It's on the AGS forums somewhere.
  • edited March 2010
    Don't you remember the creator's username on the forums?
  • edited March 2010
    Joseph DiPerla. There was another creator but he only posted with a guest username so you can only get ahold of Joseph.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks! :)
  • edited May 2011
    By the way, the team leader, Marco "Mar95" Masini, has recently confirmed to me that the project is still not dead. As he said, the project is currently "on hiatus" due to both lack of time and legal concerns. He still plans on finishing the project, but doesn't know when it will be.
  • edited May 2011
    Appena lo ho caricato programmi oggetto e fatto funzionare. È piuttosto buono, anche se I can' l'aiuto di t ma pensa che l'inglese scadente aggiunga al fascino…. Mi domando se qualcuno spingesse semplicemente lo scritto italiano con il traduttore o qualcosa di Babelfish?

ah beh credo abbia usato babelfish come hai fatto tu adesso :D
  • edited May 2011
    Can't help but notice the English Translating on this game is pretty bad.

Then again, it is a demo, so I can't be too hard on it.
    Hope to see this complete one day, there are barely any Sam and Max fan games out there.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.