Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Preorder & Trailer! - The Penal Zone lands April 15

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't think they're open yet! Not sure. You will at some point see a forum called "Freelance Police Dispatch" or something similar, in the main forum list along with this one.

Ohh i see it now, thanks.
    EDIT: but it is not allowing me to post, so i guess it still isnt open yet.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Ohh i see it now, thanks.
    EDIT: but it is not allowing me to post, so i guess it still isnt open yet.

I believe just like the Monkey Island forum, only Telltalers can make threads, but you guys can reply once they start showing up.
  • edited March 2010
    I believe just like the Monkey Island forum, only Telltalers can make threads, but you guys can reply once they start showing up.

and from the looks of it, telltale didnt post anything, so I guess it isnt open yet.
  • edited March 2010
    Telltale, maybe sometimes I forget how truly cool you are, and I apologise for that.

I am really really really looking forward to playing this
  • edited March 2010
    I am just...in awe. Wow. The trailer looks absolutely amazing. Thank you Telltale games for making this fangirl really, REALLY happy :)

Permission to weep openly?
  • edited March 2010
    pre-order in, now to see if I can resist watching the trailer for the next month!
  • edited March 2010
    SQUEE! Dear March 12th to April 14th, please dissapear.
  • edited March 2010

Well, now there is a thread in it but it's still not letting me in.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, there's one thread with one post in it, but I can't access the forum.

Did somebody at Telltale forget to change who was able to view the forum?
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

Yeah, I have the same problem! I've pre-ordered the season, but every time I click on the forum, I get a message saying I'm not authorized to view the forum.

;_;
  • edited March 2010
    Preordered! Thanks to my step mom, can't wait to play.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Yeah, there's one thread with one post in it, but I can't access the forum.

Did somebody at Telltale forget to change who was able to view the forum?

I am joining in on this. I too have the same issue.
  • edited March 2010
    Considering the post count isn't raising, I'm pretty sure we all have the same problem. We'll have to wait until it's fixed I guess.
  • edited March 2010
    Man, this has to be Telltale's best-looking trailer so far. I can't even begin to count all the awesome things that are splattered over the site right now, and I really should get some sleep, but damn guys, amazing job. I can't wait for this, I love how energetic and 'comic-y' the trailer is. The animation is incredible!
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah same here, the board mustn't be ready for us just yet :)

Also I just wanna say that i love this shot

sm301_dialogue.jpg

There's so much more ambience in stinky's diner compared to last season, those shadows can really add mood I guess
  • edited March 2010
    I can't wait until I get home from class so I can give you my money! And if I can't do that, I don't know how I'll be able to wait for a month to get the first episode. I watched the trailer last night because I suspected that it'd be out during school hours and I was worried I'd get ridiculously excited to see it and that my already poor ability to concentrate would totally evaporate so it was totally because I was concerned about my education but I don't think I should have bothered because if I could concentrate now then this sentence would have ended five conjunctions ago.

What I mean is, the game looks great. I'm really looking forward to playing it.
    Cheri wrote:
    Thank you Telltale, I may weep openly.
    Permission to weep openly?
    I don't know why you guys are so depressed.

I hope it was obvious, but that run on sentence wasn't totally serious. I'm not that emotionally immature.
  • edited March 2010
    Just pre-ordered the game. I love the trailer so much. The line at the end just keeps on cracking me up!
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, I've got a question for the Telltale crew: I can see the Desoto in the trailer - Will my fully pimped-out car carry over from season 2 into this one?
  • edited March 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Oh, I've got a question for the Telltale crew: I can see the Desoto in the trailer - Will my fully pimped-out car carry over from season 2 into this one?

I hope not - it was hella ugly by the end.
    edited March 2010

Haha nope! That would be completely insane, in both the best and worst ways, which is admittedly appropriate for Sam & Max, but we didn't carry over the upgrades.
  • edited March 2010

:eek: That'd be an awesome touch!
  • edited March 2010
    i am using my telltale tuesday coupon for penal zone.
    win 4 more for a free season!
  • edited March 2010
    Haha nope! That would be completely insane, in both the best and worst ways, which is admittedly appropriate for Sam & Max, but we didn't carry over the upgrades.

Heh, just asking.

I'll order this baby in the morning. Now, sleep. Happy.
  • edited March 2010
    Please, tell me you have at least plans to bring it to the UK psn. I'm dying over here :-(
  • edited March 2010
    here's a question, now that max can teleport isn't the DeSoto obsolete (besides the fact of how old it is anyways)?
  • edited March 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    here's a question, now that max can teleport isn't the DeSoto obsolete (besides the fact of how old it is anyways)?

maybe he gets tired :)
  • edited March 2010
    I just wanna say how excited I am for all of this! Even though the wait for info was excruciating, it was worth it!

I didn't get into the series until a couple of months after S2 was released so I never got to participate in all of the pre-release hype. I'm glad I can now though!

Oh and the trailer was gorgeous! The graphic really have been overhauled and I daresay it looks even better than the graphics in ToMI! And the music! I love love love the music for these games and Mr.Jared's outdone himself again.

Ahh, there's so much stuff to spaz over!
  • edited March 2010
    V_Ben wrote: »
    maybe he gets tired :)
    I think Sam and Max would drive even if they didn't need to. You can't drive at ridiculous speeds while narrowly missing innocent pedestrians with teleportation.
  • edited March 2010
    sure you can. Get even closer and teleport the entire car at the last second
  • edited March 2010
    [QUOTE=Jake;269461
    The usual Telltale line applies here: We've got nothing announced and no formal plans right now, but our end goal is always to get all of our games on as many platforms as we can, so everyone can play them. So, keep watching the skies. Or the blog.[/QUOTE]

Appreciated. Looking forward to seeing how the pre-order aspect is addressed on the PSN. You'll have my day-one pre-order kids. Lots of hyphens.
  • edited March 2010
    Will this be released on Steam?
  • edited March 2010
    I'm just wondering, are the screenshots you released from inside the game engine, or are they renders? Because the graphics look fantastic. If these are from in-game, it's gonna look awesome.
    edited March 2010
    Maratanos wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, are the screenshots you released from inside the game engine, or are they renders? Because the graphics look fantastic. If these are from in-game, it's gonna look awesome.

In game! Woooo.
  • edited March 2010
    Maratanos wrote: »

A lot of it is an improvement to the engine, real time shadows, which adds a much more impressive graphical appearnce.
  • edited March 2010
    my main thought for all of this... Holy Awesome
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I think Sam and Max would drive even if they didn't need to. You can't drive at ridiculous speeds while narrowly missing innocent pedestrians with teleportation.

Yup. ( ... I feel like there's a term out there for people who know they have access to phenominal cosmic powers but end up doing things the old-fashioned way regardless. Like luddites, but not. And I'd feel dumb once I found out what that was, because then I'll feel like I should've known. But I digress).

As for the main topic! Hmm ... oh! Okay, this screenshot?

Picture6.png

I love this environment. It's just so wonderfully atmospheric and wacked out. Doesn't hurt that it plays my inner Twilight Zone fan like a friggin' harp. Guh. Ooo, and awesome textures!

Which leads me to ... actually, can't think of much else to say right now. At least nothing that would be particularly eloquent or constructive. If you need me I'll be in the proveribal corner, continuing to be ridiculously excited about this news. Yes.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll join you, raving with the unintelligible screams and squees
  • edited March 2010
    OK, now I'm really thrilled! The screenshots look fantastic, the trailer is even better in HD, and it's only one month away. Preordered, and considering a gamepad...
  • edited March 2010
    Just pre-ordered, but I am disappointed by one thing.

All the episodes already have a name. I miss the names being revealed just before the release of the next episode, but this is a small issue.
This discussion has been closed.