UK PSN Release

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I figured i might as well ask in a thread, as i can't be the only one wondering ;)

Will The Devils Playhouse be available on the UK PSN too? Im asking because... I kind of live there, and ...stuff.

Anybody able to ease my mind? Even a simple "It's coming to the UK PSN, price will be announced later" will put me at ease!

Thanks again :)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Ben, I've been wondering the same thing myself. It's really great to see Sam and Max on the PSN now isn't it! I would imagine that we UK/European users should be able to pre-order the game next week, like our American friends. As soon as I find out anything, I'll let you know. Best wishes. :)
  • edited March 2010
    I hope so, or I'm gonna blow with anger!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Mentioned this in the other thread, but as far as I know the EU plans are the same as the US one. There might be slightly different launch dates due to submission times, but nothing drastic.
  • edited March 2010
    phew. I'm at peace now :-) Hope you guys go on the EU blog too, I'm sure Europeans would be excited to see a blog post too!
  • edited March 2010
    That's great news, not long to wait now. Should be awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    huh. this is today's EU store update, and it unfortunately doesn't contain any Sam and Max :-(

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/18/%E2%80%98heads-up%E2%80%99-playstation-store-update-18th-march-2010/
  • edited March 2010
    Someone from sony commented on the lack of S&M preorder on that list saying:
    "Hey CodeMonkey_UK,

We don’t do pre-orders via the PSN Store I’m afraid"

perhaps the preorder is just for the US? :(
  • edited March 2010
    tmsmyth4 wrote: »
    Someone from sony commented on the lack of S&M preorder on that list saying:
    "Hey CodeMonkey_UK,

We don’t do pre-orders via the PSN Store I’m afraid"

perhaps the preorder is just for the US? :(

that's worrying. very worrying. That guy is the Head of the PSN Store team for SCEE, if memory serves me correct.
  • edited March 2010
    V_Ben wrote: »
    that's worrying. very worrying. That guy is the Head of the PSN Store team for SCEE, if memory serves me correct.
    unfortunately it seems the only mention of the preorder is on the US playstation site where they talk about SCEA offering pre-orders for the first time ever. Sounds unlikely we will get it in Europe, can anyone from Telltale confirm?
  • edited March 2010
    tmsmyth4 wrote: »
    unfortunately it seems the only mention of the preorder is on the US playstation site where they talk about SCEA offering pre-orders for the first time ever. Sounds unlikely we will get it in Europe, can anyone from Telltale confirm?

well, the store manager commented again;
    I didn’t say no to Sam and Max, I said no to pre-orders for our store at present. I’m looking into it though.

so... its coming? but there won't be pre-orders? right. If each episode is £5 - £6, then I'll buy them individually, immediately, because then they'll come to the price of the US pre-order. roughly.
    But man, i hope they can get this pre-order stuff sorted. :(

and a new quote;
    To out the record straight, I was aware they were considering doing it, but did not have the details confirmed for me. As I said I’m looking into this situation for the EU.

so there's hope :-)
  • edited March 2010
    didnt realise there's more than 1 page :p sweet i'll keep checking those comments, at least we've got a few kicking up a fuss! As much as I want to preorder, Ill have to eat cereal for a week if I do allthough i'll be just as skint in 3 weeks time!
  • edited March 2010
    A little disappointed not to see the pre-order service on the European PSN. As long as Episode 1 is available for download on 15th April, I guess that's the main thing. It would be nice to find out for sure. :)
  • edited March 2010
    I doubt it will be, this IS the EU PSN we're talking about, Rock Band and Guitar Hero had to bend the classification itself just to get their DLC release dates the same as the US PSN! Depending on how early TellTale finish the game, if they submit it the same time, the US PSN will approve it much quicker, sometimes approved content can appear up to 2-3 weeks later on the EU PSN even though it was submitted at the time. Extra Countries and shit you know.
  • edited March 2010
    No sign of Sam & Max on the Australian PSN store either...
  • edited March 2010
    because you can't preorder on the UK PSN (yet) I would assume you either have to wait for the full season to be out before you can buy it (which doesn't sound right to me) or you'd have to buy each episode seperately as and when.. which also doesn't sound right when you think about TTG's new policy of "try and get people to buy full seasons first - then let them get the single episodes"...

I'm confused :S
  • edited March 2010
    'Sigh' Another week, another UK store update with no Sam and Max. Pretty Please?
  • edited March 2010
    This is the main reason why I dislike the PSN store, compared to XBLA. When something comes out on XBLA, it's out everywhere. On PSN, each region does their own thing. There's so many awesome PSone classics in Japan and America, and barely any of them available to me in Australia.

I'm hoping Season 3 gets an XBLA release similar to seasons 1 and 2. I'm happy enough to wait for it.
  • edited March 2010
    Jerec84 wrote: »
    This is the main reason why I dislike the PSN store, compared to XBLA. When something comes out on XBLA, it's out everywhere. On PSN, each region does their own thing. There's so many awesome PSone classics in Japan and America, and barely any of them available to me in Australia.

I'm hoping Season 3 gets an XBLA release similar to seasons 1 and 2. I'm happy enough to wait for it.

agreed. its insane. They really need a worldwide approvals process. :mad:

i've already bought it for PC, i just want it on PSN too :-)
  • edited March 2010
    It's in this week's store update, and the price is beyond what i had hoped for, in the best way possible! £17.99? you guys are amazing, i don't know why i ever doubted you :-D
  • edited March 2010
    It will be available today at L17.99/21.99€! It's even cheaper than I expected! I'm pre-ordering it right away.
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you so much Telltale. Have pre-ordered the game just now. Fantastic price too! Great stuff. ;)
  • edited April 2010
    golden age lucasfilm/arts and telltale games provide me with so much joy i'm starting to find it disturbing. £17.99 is definitely a good price :)
  • edited April 2010
    Now available in the Australian PSN store! Just bought it and it is only $32 Australian so great value for us. PS3 games retail for $120 here.
  • edited April 2010
    Just "bought" it myself, so now got the game covered here on PC and on my PS3. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Is there any news on whether the US and EU psn release will be simultaneous? I want to order this but I'd prefer to get the PC version if i'm gonna have to wait a few weeks. SCEE's track record and the delayed preorder suggest it will be late in the EU but can anyone confirm otherwise?
  • edited April 2010
    btw you guys realise that you could just create an American psn account? That might be an option. I have access to the US psn store easily enough.. just use a different email address and a fake address. You can also have access to the Japanese psn store by creating a 3rd account.
  • edited April 2010
    Hey Guys,

I've only play S&M on my PC before but am considering the PS3 realease so i can play it on my couch :-)

Anyone know how the controls will work? Is the sticks basically mouse emulation? If its full gamepad control (1:1) will that also be availible in the PC release?!

Thanks for any info you guys have!?

Reg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.