Sam & Max Season 2 for Mac?

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I just preordered Sam & Max Season 3 for Mac and wanted to use the free game code on Episode 201, but it appears that Season 2 doesn't exist on Mac.

Will Season 2 be available on Mac in the future or am I forced to use the code on another game?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Season 2 will exist in the nearish future. Ideally by the end of the month, but could take a bit longer if technical difficulties crop up. At any rate, if you buy the game for PC, the license will carry over to the mac version when it comes out.
  • edited April 2010
    So... technical difficulties cropped up?
  • edited April 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Season 2 will exist in the nearish future. Ideally by the end of the month, but could take a bit longer if technical difficulties crop up. At any rate, if you buy the game for PC, the license will carry over to the mac version when it comes out.

This is part why I love Telltale. You ask a question, and you actually get an answer.
  • edited April 2010
    Must...resist...Mac Joke...

(Only joking).
  • edited April 2010
    I hope it comes out like, next week or something.
    Before 302 anyways.
    Will wrote: »
    Some questions: if I buy season 1/2 now, I'll get the DVD... but the DVD has the PC versions on it.

Will a PC/Mac DVD be released? just like Tales of Monkey Island?
    Can I order the games now and be sure I will get the Mac DVD too?
  • edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure that Telltale isn't going to repress the dvds just to suit us mac users. If they did, I'd be the first to order them, but I wouldn't bet on it. I got both SamNMax seasons for the PC (through bootcamp) and also got the season Dvds. Aside from the games themselves, all of the really cool bonus content is accessible from the mac. Think of it as a movie DVD with lots of cool files to access when in your computer's drive.
  • edited April 2010
    radewagon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Telltale isn't going to repress the dvds just to suit us mac users. If they did, I'd be the first to order them, but I wouldn't bet on it. I got both SamNMax seasons for the PC (through bootcamp) and also got the season Dvds. Aside from the games themselves, all of the really cool bonus content is accessible from the mac. Think of it as a movie DVD with lots of cool files to access when in your computer's drive.
    Ok, it's pretty great then.
  • So... technical difficulties cropped up?

Visit the support forum.
  • edited April 2010
    Visit the support forum.

Alright, I just took a look around, and don't see any discussion about technical difficulties that cropped up while developing these ports. Any thread in particular?

I'm pending buying these for a relative when they come out, too, so I hope they hurry =)
  • There are a number of Macs experiencing a lag in frame rates. Not sure if it's specific to a particular game.
  • edited April 2010
    Any updates on when Sam and Max s1 and 2 will be released for Mac?
  • edited May 2010
    Woah, seems like technical difficulties definitely cropped out ^^
  • edited May 2010
    There are a number of Macs experiencing a lag in frame rates. Not sure if it's specific to a particular game.

What does that have to do with this thread?
  • edited May 2010
    apparently season 2 will be made available on mac steam with the launch of steam for mac. Any chance of said mac version appearing on telltale's site soon?

link with Sam and Max on it;
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/steam-for-mac-now-available-50-launch-games/
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Season 3 is up on Steam, as for Season 2 it is Coming Soon (tm).
  • edited May 2010
    what about season one, is it "planned"?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    "eventually." Sam & Max season one is an old man of the Telltale world, in terms of how old its code is, but it was updated when we put it on Xbox Live Arcade a little while back. It's just not as easy to dust off as some of the newer stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    I want the complete Sam and Max collection for OSX. Do it, video games!
  • edited May 2010
    In Steam it's already under Mac games for me (see), and lets me install it (though I'm assuming that'll be the Windows version). A mistake on Steam's side?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    It's there for some user, but doesn't work. One day it will appear :)
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    "eventually." Sam & Max season one is an old man of the Telltale world, in terms of how old its code is, but it was updated when we put it on Xbox Live Arcade a little while back. It's just not as easy to dust off as some of the newer stuff.
    :( ...
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you so much Telltale guys for the release of Season 2 on Mac! I was playing on windows bootcamp, but it is really a pain. now, I can go through it again.

I would crave for a season 1 port as well. Isn't it easier when you got the work done for s.2 ? Ins't it the same engine?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.