Mother flippen treasure crab!!!

edited December 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
So I wanted to rewatch the last scene after the credits in chapter 5.... but I realized I didn't have a saved game so I did a youtube search... while watching the credits I noticed something I didn't before.. Treasure Crab is in the credits and he brought friends with him.... How awesome is that?

I demand you all give treasure crab more love and acknowledge his importance...

74991355.jpg

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Oh yes!
  • edited March 2010
    I think Treasure Crab should be TTG's official mascot and appear in every game from now on.
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think Treasure Crab should be TTG's official mascot and appear in every game from now on.

damn straight!
  • edited March 2010
    But not in an obvious way... always in the background of a shot "Acquiring" money, loot, or other bric a brac .... it should almost be fast and blurry like if bigfoot was a ninja..
  • edited March 2010
    I'm looking forward to TTG's next game: The Adventures of Treasure Crab 1: Treasure Crab Steals Some Stuff
  • edited March 2010
    I told you, treasure crab is an agent for the prawnfolk. >_>
  • edited March 2010
    Crab people -- talk like people, taste like crab.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, he's got a name? I thought that was the voodoo lady in disguise (first appearance on a rock behind Guybrush's back in EP2 when talking to Anemone, last appearance as a school of crabs in EP5).
  • edited March 2010
    You just blew my mind with this Voodo Lady thing.
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    You just blew my mind with this Voodo Lady thing.

It could make sense though, couldn't it? And mind you: The last we saw of Murray is when he gets trapped in that treasure chest (possibly with the crab in it, too). What if Murray is another "piece" of the Voodoo Lady's next plans ("a piece" as in Guybrush's hand or the essence of LeChuck he had on her desk at the end of TMI)?
  • edited March 2010
    I think it's just a crab. An awesome crab, but just a crab. And yes, TTG should put him into future games, at least future Monkey Island games.
  • edited March 2010
    Treasure Crab: the greatest reappearing special guest since Chuck the Plant.

I'm hoping we at least see it again in any future seasons of TOMI. Would be cool if it came up in other Telltale games too. They might be able to throw him into the next Sam and Max games, perhaps wandering around in the street with the rats or something.
  • edited March 2010
    Umm, don't kill me but... who is the Treasure Crab?
  • edited March 2010
    Treasure Crab is the rather random crab that seemed to appear near treasure in TMI.
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    I told you, treasure crab is an agent for the prawnfolk. >_>
    Fat lot of good it does them if Insanity Prawn Boy is any indication for their kind... :D

np: Contriva - Auf'm Land (8 Eyes ('96 - '99))
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah! Treasure crab is awesome
  • edited March 2010
    Wouldn't that supersede Murray position as a reappearing character/object?
  • edited March 2010
    I stand by my belief that Murray and Treasure Crab are destined to become a duo.....
  • edited March 2010
    img160_Crab%20Gold.jpg
    //not by me, just googled
  • edited March 2010
    Oh man SPOILERS!! LOL
  • edited March 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    And yes, TTG should put him into future games

Obviously, you two are closer than I thought for you to know these kinds of details :p
  • edited March 2010
    Dang it. No one was supposed to find out about that.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok people who still have game saves can you post screen caps of all of treasure crabs appearances in the game?
  • edited March 2010
    I recall treasure crabs tried to steal Jack Sparrow's ship once.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok people who still have game saves can you post screen caps of all of treasure crabs appearances in the game?

Got these easy-to-find ones from Youtube.

PbChFYIjX.jpg

kvGjYoaVn.jpg

cVLLsyeAz.jpg

TyXdrQEjw.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Third one is probably the best one ever...
  • edited March 2010
    how exactly is the first one a treasure crab? it is just on a rock
  • edited March 2010
    You can tell from his body language - he's after treasure.
  • edited March 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    how exactly is the first one a treasure crab? it is just on a rock
    Would you think a baker is only a baker when he bakes? No, he's always a baker. Baking or not. Same with the treasure crab.
  • edited March 2010
    Awww I can't believe I didn't notice him before.
  • edited March 2010
    He is clearly just in the planning stages there.
  • edited March 2010
    That Hardtack pic is seriously one of the best moments from Tales.
  • edited March 2010
    I wonder what the treasure crab plans on doing with all that treasure.
  • edited March 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I wonder what the treasure crab plans on doing with all that treasure.
    What every other megalomaniac crustacean would do in it's place - take over the world!
  • edited March 2010
    I imagine give it to Mrs. Treasure Crab.
  • edited March 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    What every other megalomaniac crustacean would do in it's place - take over the world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQc5zpqEeo&feature=related

But, nah. He never really got any treasures, only the chests...and Murray.
    Maybe he just needs something to carry all the treasure he plans to dig up in the spirit world?
  • edited March 2010
    Oh he gets treasure.... if you go by the drawing in the credits of ep5
    88169353.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I imagine give it to Mrs. Treasure Crab.

Yeah, he definitely strikes me as the kind of Crab who's getting treasure for his girlfriend Crab. What a guy.

Also, to anybody thinking that I'm making an assumption when I call treasure crab male: you can always tell the sex of a crab by its size. Female crabs are typically ten times the size of male humans.
  • edited March 2010
    that's a huge crab.... Also the crabs that the voodoo lady use to communicate with Guybrush are clearly not the same crabs... for one wouldn't they be dead crabs being in the crossroads
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry for the double post but I think T.C. should be hidden somewhere on this page
    http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/thedevilsplayhouse
Sign in to comment in this discussion.