Season 3 on the Xbox Petition

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    How do you know it's not coming to the Xbox 360? Season 1 was only announced for the Wii when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. Season 2 was only announced for the Xbox 360 when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. It only says PS3 because they've finally got around to releasing the other games on the PS3 and the new season was graphically updated for that reason. I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.
  • edited March 2010
    freakazoid wrote: »
    How do you know it's not coming to the Xbox 360? Season 1 was only announced for the Wii when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. Season 2 was only announced for the Xbox 360 when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. It only says PS3 because they've finally got around to releasing the other games on the PS3 and the new season was graphically updated for that reason. I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.

This isn't exactly true. Season 1 and season 2 were PC only when they first came out, and later came out for both Xbox 360 and Wii. Neither came out for PS3. Sam & Max Season 3 is the first Telltale game on PS3. Of course, the chance that the other seasons will appear on PS3 is pretty high, as is the chance of Season 3 appearing on other consoles. But keep in mind that nothing has been announced yet.
  • edited March 2010
    I think there's a high chance that Sam & Max 3 will be out on Xbox, it just won't be announced until the season is completed, as the 360 doesn't have the 'pre-order' thingy that PS3 is doing.
  • edited March 2010
    It probably will eventually be on the PS3, you just got to give it time. Plus Petitions are kind of annoying, we don't know any details of the game other than how many episodes, when they will be released and what Systems they are being released for.
  • edited March 2010
    As above, I expect Season 3 will end up on 360 when eventually - I'm willing to bet they're not promoting it on that console now because you won't be able to purchase it for another 6 months when the season is complete.
  • edited March 2010
    I would get the most benefit if they did not publish on any consoles, or if they only gave a half-assed effort when it came to console ports.
  • edited March 2010
    Instead of starting a petition get more people to buy Sam & Max on XBLA. Save the World sold about 20,000 but Beyond Time and Space has only sold 5,000 or so.. If more people buy the second season on XBLA that would give Telltale an incentive to get season 3 out there ASAP.
  • edited March 2010
    freakazoid wrote: »
    I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.

Phffhahahaha.

*tear in eye*
  • edited March 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Instead of starting a petition get more people to buy Sam & Max on XBLA. Save the World sold about 20,000 but Beyond Time and Space has only sold 5,000 or so.. If more people buy the second season on XBLA that would give Telltale an incentive to get season 3 out there ASAP.

They're pretty low sales. Surely that's a loss? I assummed sales were much higher, but I suppose PC will always outsell a console for an adventure game.

They sold Sam and Max Season 1 for Wii at K-Mart in my town, and it's a small town, and it was $20 and all the copies had sold by the end of the month. I didn't get it though because I already had the PC version.

A figure I would like to know is how many people came to Telltale because of TOMI, and then went back and bought the old seasons of Sam and Max? I was one of those people, I always intented to get Sam and Max season 1, but I found hit the road too obscure and confusing so I passed, plus you could only buy it online. But after TOMI I realized Telltale games is the greatest game company in the history of the universe, and I went back and bought Sam and Max.
  • edited March 2010
    There was a horde of people who came here just for Tales - I believe Tales was the first game I bought directly from TTG - the rest I own on retail but I've since bought the full season of SBCG4AP (which I owned half of on wiiware) and W&G (which I owned 1 episode on xbla) - oh and I bought the CSI games for the 360 since Tales came out..

I'm gonna get S&M season 1 and 2 when I can afford it - I've never played season 2 believe it or not, but I own season 1 for the Wii

I want them both for the xbox though, nice shiny new achievements!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »

If these numbers would be right, its still means, that they earned hundred thousands of dollars. And that's pretty big money because the games itself was practically done. They just inserted achievements and make some work with conversation. Nothing more = EASY money. They are still going to make Season 3 so why they wouldnt make it for XBLA... You are playing smart guy, but in real, you're not so smart.
  • edited March 2010
    tonyskate wrote: »
    If these numbers would be right, its still means, that they earned hundred thousands of dollars. And that's pretty big money because the games itself was practically done. They just inserted achievements and make some work with conversation. Nothing more = EASY money. They are still going to make Season 3 so why they wouldnt make it for XBLA... You are playing smart guy, but in real, you're not so smart.

It costs money to port those games across to the XBOX.. Now the Telltale Tool is on XBOX it would cost less I guess. I got those numbers from Gamesutra if anyone wants to have a look.
  • edited April 2010
    I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)
    I HATE online petitions.

If you want to do something to help your cause, you should make people on your friendslist buy the previous seasons on XBLA (or Wallace and Gromit for that matter, the first episode is only 400MP right now).

That said, I am not fan of episodic games and I would rather buy the whole Season for 1600MP again. Even if that means waiting much longer.
  • edited April 2010
    I want to see it come to the Xbox.. but like others have said, I'd rather see it released as one big game for 1,600 points, rather than 800 for each seperate episode like what we saw with Wallace & Grommit.

No reason the Wii shouldn't get it as well. The more people who enjoy it, the better.
  • edited April 2010
    Wallace & Gromit proved that episodic games on XBLA simply do not work. If anything, it will be released as a full bundle later, like the 1st two seasons.

I'm still buying S3 on PS3 though, just so I can play it on my TV.
  • edited April 2010
    I would get the most benefit if they did not publish on any consoles, or if they only gave a half-assed effort when it came to console ports.

Not if that resulted in lower net profits, and thus lower budgets, on future titles. ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Not if that resulted in lower net profits, and thus lower budgets, on future titles. ;)
    Money and complexity are by no means everything. On less money and a smaller staff, we got Sam and Max: Season Two, which continues to be my favorite Telltale title. We had Interim Theater. The best ideas, the episodic model Telltale created, with a DVD at the end? That was conceived on less money with a single-platform emphasis. The case files, same thing. When they were smaller, we got hybrid DVDs that could be played in a DVD player, that were stuffed with content, and that had disc-based DRM rather than having no actual difference between it and the copies on the website. They flubbed that one on apparently more money. When SBCG4AP was their first console title, the episodes were held back by Wiiware console delays, giving PC players the faults of the console version. When Tales of Monkey Island went back on Wiiware, PC players were held back by Wiiware's stupidly tiny limit.

There's a reason that I rarely buy mainstream titles: They have no soul, and they're designed by-committee to please a wide audience that has, frankly, no taste whatsoever. Sam and Max Seasons One and Two definitely had a soul, and so did the company around them. Telltale is by no means a giant, AAA, Mainstream company, but I'm starting to see the qualities that made the Sam and Max games and Telltale as a company so special to begin with starting to fade with greater success and a larger, console-based fandom.
  • edited April 2010
    You know, I imagine that as soon as whatever deal Telltale has going on get TDP out on the PSN, it'll be released for everything else under the sun.
  • edited April 2010
    You know, I imagine that as soon as whatever deal Telltale has going on get TDP out on the PSN, it'll be released for everything else under the sun.

Am I the only one that saw "TDP" and immediately thought of Thief: The Dark Project?
  • edited April 2010
    Am I the only one that saw "TDP" and immediately thought of Thief: The Dark Project?
    Yes.

I also find it funny that anyone thinks there's some special console-exclusivity deal going on with Season Three.
  • edited April 2010
    Yep - I read it as "TDR" and immediately thought of this... :p

np: Autechre - Acroyear2 (LP5)
  • edited April 2010
    No. Petitions suck. It gets there when it gets there.
  • edited April 2010
    I would like to have it on xbox 360, hopefully they do because i dont have a ps3 or ipad :( and my laptop lags sam & max and TOMI lol
  • edited April 2010
    Actually I wouldn't buy Season 3 of XBLA because the DRM is horrible. If you have to replace your Xbox 2 times in a single year, you can't play your games offline. I only buy XBLA games if they are ONLY available through that market, or if it is easier on XBLA (again, only digital market) than it is on Amazon (I have had problems with Amazon, I have ordered games in the past, and they sometimes do not arrive.).

How many times do you need to replace your console each year anyway? Plus I believe if you badger them enough Xbox Support can force a license transfer even if its not due yet. If you get your console repaired by Xbox Support themselves, they transfer over your old consoles serial number anyway so you don't even need to transfer the licenses.

I have also heard the PS3 is worse in that you can only download most games three times before you have to buy them again. I have not confirmed this myself, but I can believe it as Sony treat their customers like crap, far worse than Microsoft.

Granted, both those options are worse than buying from Steam, but personally I would prefer to play the game on my Xbox 360 any day. I am just sick of PC gaming and the constant struggle to get the settings "just right" so the game doesn't stutter. I actually prefer the graphics being toned down somewhat to fit on Xbox 360 if it means the game runs silky smooth. Often on PC you have to scale down worse anyway just to get it smooth, as its near impossible to figure out the exact right balance for your hardware, unless you plan to always have top specification hardware.

I played Bioshock 2 recently on my PC and Xbox 360. I can't say I noticed any major difference, just minor touches here and there that looked better on PC but only noticable if you are really looking for them. The controls however, far superior on the Xbox version as while aiming is better on PC (as it always is for first or third person shooters thanks to the mouse) there are too many buttons on the keyboard to do the different actions. But they are all at your fingertips on the Xbox.

So please PLEASE confirm that you are releasing Season 3 on Xbox 360, as I really don't feel like buying the PC or PS3 versions. I would personally be happy to buy it an episode at a time to get to play it sooner. The only reason I never got past episode 2 of Wallace and Gromit is that it simply is not as much fun and the controls could be really problematic. I hope Sam and Max does not suffer the same problems now its using the same control scheme.
  • edited April 2010
    I would like to have it on xbox 360, hopefully they do because i dont have a ps3 or ipad :( and my laptop lags sam & max and TOMI lol

EXACTLY the same for me
  • edited April 2010
    I wish people would stop telling me to buy the first two games for the Xbox. I have played the games already!!! And i think the reason that the Xbox sales were so bad was because it came out years later. I'm just thinking that that will probably happen again if it doesn't get released soon.

Then there have also been replies suggesting that telltale might be waiting to release it as an entire season. I would be fine with waiting for that but I want to know about that by the the time TPZ is released so I don't just go to a friends house and watch him play for the PC and ruin all the puzzles.
  • edited April 2010
    I wish people would stop telling me to buy the first two games for the Xbox. I have played the games already!!! And i think the reason that the Xbox sales were so bad was because it came out years later. I'm just thinking that that will probably happen again if it doesn't get released soon.

True. And also, if my counts are right, sales of 1 & 2 Season of Sam & Max on Xbox LIVE Arcade, make over 500,000 dolars. I don't know how much goes to Telltale but half absolutely. And conversion on XBLA if it would cost 100,000 dolars, which absolutely not, its still pretty big (and easy) money.
  • edited April 2010
    All we're asking for is someone on the team to say "Hey x-Bros; you didn't hear it from me, but hang in there... You'll see soon enough that X will be on the BOX, nudge, nudge, eh?"

But yeah -- I already own the PC versions of Season 1 & 2... I got the xBox versions, because I like the quick loading times and great graphics.

I'll have to say, I'll be mighty dissapointed with TellTale if they snub us like that. Me and many others are Loyal Customers, and it will be a real, real shame if we get the cold shoulder.
  • edited April 2010

The damn PS3 version even lags & I know the game isn't that damn powerful
  • edited April 2010
    Actually I wouldn't buy Season 3 of XBLA because the DRM is horrible. If you have to replace your Xbox 2 times in a single year, you can't play your games offline. I only buy XBLA games if they are ONLY available through that market, or if it is easier on XBLA (again, only digital market) than it is on Amazon (I have had problems with Amazon, I have ordered games in the past, and they sometimes do not arrive.).

Ummmm What?

There's no DRM on XBLA. And where does Amazon figure in any of this?!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.