Max spotted in a '96 diskmag

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Today, while browsing through some old diskmags, I came across our friend Max, hiding inside Cheese #5 from 1996. Nothing too exciting, but I figured I'll post it here for others to see.

cheese5.png

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Woah Pretty cool! :D Guess the guys that made that diskmag are fans :)
  • edited April 2010
    Wow, nostalgia alert! Nice find.
  • edited April 2010
    Cool!

What's a diskmag? :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010
    Cool!

What's a diskmag? :rolleyes:

Quoted from wikipedia, sir :D

"A disk magazine, colloquially known as a diskmag, and also known by the portmanteau magazette (from "magazine on diskette"), is a magazine that is distributed in electronic form to be read using computers. These had some popularity in the 1980s and 1990s as periodicals distributed on floppy disk, hence their name. The rise of the Internet in the late 1990s caused them to be superseded almost entirely by online publications, which are sometimes still called "diskmags" despite the lack of physical disks."
  • edited April 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    Quoted from wikipedia, ma'am(fix'd) :D

"A disk magazine, colloquially known as a diskmag, and also known by the portmanteau magazette (from "magazine on diskette"), is a magazine that is distributed in electronic form to be read using computers. These had some popularity in the 1980s and 1990s as periodicals distributed on floppy disk, hence their name. The rise of the Internet in the late 1990s caused them to be superseded almost entirely by online publications, which are sometimes still called "diskmags" despite the lack of physical disks."

I wonder how I missed those... was it not an Australian thing at all? Further inquiry must ensue..
  • edited April 2010
    I wonder how I missed those... was it not an Australian thing at all? Further inquiry must ensue..
    Inquire within... :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.