Pre-Load anytime?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
are we going to have a pre-load before thursday?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    erm the game is like 350-500 mbs on ttg's ultrafast server so it'll take all of five minutes. preload seems a bit pointless. plus they are still fixing bugs to my knowledge.
  • edited April 2010
    Well if its not ready then they are a bit over the deadline, right? But anyway, a pre-load is always nice, even the game file is small, I still think that a pre-load can't hurt anyone.

Its the same sytem of the actual download and it will help to speed up things for everyone and save some stress on the servers. Just my opinion anyway....
  • edited April 2010
    Instead of everyone downloading it when it comes out, everyone downloads it when the pre-load goes online?

Still seems like everyone's gonna get stressed out with slow speeds and stuff, you're just making it a bit earlier!
  • edited April 2010
    Pre-loads are normally a good thing. But Telltale is kinda slack, they just release it sometime on the day they say it's going to be released.

There's not even a midnight release or a set time when they release it, they just do it whenever they feel like it. So a pre-load seems freakishly unlikely.
  • edited April 2010
    omiyage wrote: »
    Well if its not ready then they are a bit over the deadline, right? But anyway, a pre-load is always nice, even the game file is small, I still think that a pre-load can't hurt anyone.

Its the same sytem of the actual download and it will help to speed up things for everyone and save some stress on the servers. Just my opinion anyway....

Preloads aren't so important with smaller files, say smaller than a gigabyte. The game is likely in a releasable build, though not polished to the Telltale level.
  • edited April 2010
    I know for sure TTG is doing little things as apparently reviewers have their hands on it already, albeit with minor bugs. More than playable, though.
  • edited April 2010
    I know for sure TTG is doing little things as apparently reviewers have their hands on it already, albeit with minor bugs. More than playable, though.

The game was finished when it was released for Ipad. So all the animations and voices and major coding is done, it's just little bugfixes here and there, which don't take that long and clearly it's in a playable state if they released it for Ipad. They're just holding off release because they said April 15th and they're gonna stick to it.

But it is only like 500MB, so it's not much of a download commitment. It'll only take people a max of an hour or two to download, and that's at slow speeds. It takes me 45min to download, but I'm only at 1500kb/s.
  • edited April 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    The game was finished when it was released for Ipad. So all the animations and voices and major coding is done, it's just little bugfixes here and there, which don't take that long and clearly it's in a playable state if they released it for Ipad. They're just holding off release because they said April 15th and they're gonna stick to it.

You have no idea how important are those little bugfixes. Specially when you can find those bugs without doing anything weird. (There's a couple of pretty bad ones in the last episode of ToMI). Playable state maybe, but if they are taken this time for polish it a lot more, I'm all for it ^^!
  • edited April 2010

Aww you found it out!
    We usually play beach volleyball the whole day because we got nothing to do at all :D
    Man, and my mom told me I'd go nowhere with those video games!
  • edited April 2010
    Where the heck did you find a beach in San Rafael? The waterfront is choked with condos, offices and maximum security prisons. Okay, so really just the one, but yeah.

Anyway, I'm guessing they're bughunting the heck out of that thing before its PC/Mac release. (Bughunting is a term, right? If not, can it be?)
  • edited April 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Where the heck did you find a beach in San Rafael? The waterfront is choked with condos, offices and maximum security prisons. Okay, so really just the one, but yeah.

They are secretly playing Blobby Volley every day.
    big_99blobby-volley.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    They have to play it. They've been contracted to tighten up the graphics of reality.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, you can never take too much time bugsquashing, even if you are guarenteed to never find and fix all ever... ever.

Sadly enough most developers these days disagree (after all, it takes money) and release it soon... unplayable until a second patch at least :(, and then still mega-buggy.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, you can never take too much time bugsquashing, even if you are guarenteed to never find and fix all ever... ever.

Sadly enough most developers these days disagree (after all, it takes money) and release it soon... unplayable until a second patch at least :(, and then still mega-buggy.

Yeah, I hate that.

I just bought Resonance of Fate today. The stupid thing doesn't work on Standard Definition TV's. Flickers so much the text is unreadable. I'm gonna have to return it. I'm not paying $110 for a game with unreadable text.

Bug hunting is good, but after awhile there's not much you can do.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.