combining inventory items for next episodes

edited December 2006 in Sam & Max
I'm actually wondering if combining inventory items will occur in later episodes in both Sam aand Max and Bone. That's something I see a lot in most point-n-click adventure games.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Though I wouldn't wholly rule it out, I can't recall seeing inventory combining in at least the next two episodes. Using multiple objects on something in an environment, yes. Combining a golf ball retriever and a shriveled hand to grab a ring out of a huge tightly packed coil of rope, not yet.
  • edited December 2006
    dont forget the magnet!
  • edited December 2006
    i loved cobining that golf retriever..especially with the cup to get the tar :p
  • edited December 2006
    yes, i can only hope there is at least one ridiculously random and arbitrary puzzle like that in the future episodes :p
  • edited December 2006
    Did anyone actually find the golf retriever puzzles intuitive or were people more like me and stumble upon it randomly whilst trying to combine everything with everything?
  • edited December 2006
    you forgot, "check the uhs file."
  • edited December 2006
    what's a uhs file?
  • edited December 2006
    The thing I had trouble with was the hand. Why do I need the hand? Why can't I just stick a magnet onto an extendo thingie using video game magic like I always do?
    Once I got over that hurdle, it was a useful (but creepy) gadget.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    numble wrote: »
    what's a uhs file?

This. :)

It lets you look at hints for specific things to prevent seeing solutions to things you don't want to. It's not perfect because even the headings will often give you clues as to what you need to do. It works for me though. I'm an impatient gamer and use it often. :o
  • edited December 2006
    numble wrote: »
    Did anyone actually find the golf retriever puzzles intuitive or were people more like me and stumble upon it randomly whilst trying to combine everything with everything?

the ball of twine one took longer.. but the tar 1 just made a lot of sense to me..and i felt great after solving that :D when it got to the totem pole..then i was combining everythin with everythin ha
  • edited December 2006
    I would enjoy some item combination. It was one of the things that kind of disappointed me with EP1. Puzzles all being the oh-so-linear "use this on that" kind made the game, for me at least, snoozily easy. Could solve most of those puzzles with one hemisphere of my cerebellum vacant from my cranium.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    ^ I believe you mean your cerebrum. The cerebellum is important in sensory perception and motor functions.
  • edited December 2006
    Mel wrote: »
    ^ I believe you mean your cerebrum. The cerebellum is important in sensory perception and motor functions.

And thus to have half of it missing, if it were possible without being quite quite dead, would be akin to having one eye closed and one hand tied behind ones back, ne?
  • edited December 2006
    Lazerus101 wrote: »
    And thus to have half of it missing, if it were possible without being quite quite dead, would be akin to having one eye closed and one hand tied behind ones back, ne?

No, you're cerebrum is where all the crosstalk goes between the sides of your body. The cerebellum does not divide it's duties in such a way.

If you're going to insult the intelligence of something, make sure you do it intelligently.
  • edited December 2006
    Hence my ability to differenciate between light hearted metaphor and actual brain surgery.
    Though I applaud your attempt to turn what was merely a throw away comment into a flame argument
  • edited December 2006
    Guys, please tone it down and keep it civil so I don't have to lock the thread.
  • edited December 2006
    Lazerus101 wrote: »
    Hence my ability to differenciate between light hearted metaphor and actual brain surgery.
    Though I applaud your attempt to turn what was merely a throw away comment into a flame argument

Sorry, it was probably partially my old Biology major yelling at me to correct something (as happened with Mel) and that I've basically been arguing against the usage of the intelligence/stupidity angle for puzzles recently.

I just don't find it very helpful to insult intelligences in arguing for more difficult puzzles. When people are making comments about the lack of brain capacity required for Telltale's games (and your's is far from the first) it insults both the game designers and a lot of game players too (just look at how many 1000 view posts there are in the Hints forum), and I honestly believe that you do not get anywhere by insulting them--you might even make them defensive and not take you as seriously, and sometimes you may come off as elitist. There are ways to get your point across without relying on insults.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    Note to self: Stop being a pedant...

*pans self*

:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.