Click'n'Drag - constrained

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I found it a little awkward that when using click'n'drag in S&M 301, that the mouse is not constrained to the joypad area. This means if you go too far in one direction, it takes a while to move the mouse the other way before the simulated joypad changes direction.

So I quickly modified my old Wallace & Gromit autohotkey script to do the job.

You will need to dowload and install AutoHotkey.

Then download the script below to your game directory.
eg. C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Sam and Max - The Devil's Playhouse\The Penal Zone\

Then run snm301.ahk. It will launch your game for you and kill the script when you finish the game.

This was just a very quick test to see if I prefer the mouse constained to a smaller area when using click'n'drag.

Let me know what you think. Please don't use this thread for your complaints about how click'n'drag is the death of adventure games. Some of us like it and are trying to work out the kinks.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Works pretty well, though it has a tendency to stick (maybe due to running being the right-click), but a double click unsticks it fine. Conceptually, this solves my only gripe with click and drag.
  • edited April 2010
    Nice, I too am getting the sticking problem when running with right-click and a single click anywhere seems to unstick it. I also doubled the box size to make it a little less stiff.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't get it. I mean, I think it goes smoother when you're not able to do 180s. I like the constrainment, it meant so much less twitching all over the place. My char didn't bump into stuff and when I wanted to do a 180 I'd just release and click again- then I could move in the diff direction. I really appreciated this one here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.