2nd machinima publically viewable

edited December 2006 in Sam & Max
The 2nd machinima short "Trainspotting" is now available for viewing outside the Gametap Subscription service, here.

:D

Comments

• edited December 2006
    It's been on Telltales site for the last week.
    Also, Interim Theatre is a completly different thingamabob
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    I edited the title from "interim theater" to "machinima". :)

Also, GameTap released the third one a little early in their client, so we're going to release it a little early on our website, too. It should go up tomorrow.
  • edited December 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Also, GameTap released the third one a little early in their client, so we're going to release it a little early on our website, too. It should go up tomorrow.

SWEET !! I realy love those Machinimas, they crack me up. It's a shame though that I can't see the previous(frank discussion) anymore. I would realy like to watch all three in a row.
    I also hope that Situation Comedy will be harder than Culture Shock, but by the look of the trailers, it probably will be. While I'm not expecting a dramatic increase, I hope the difficulty will keep increasing as the season progresses.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Also, Interim Theatre is a completly different thingamabob

I've heard that as well. Every time I hear Interim Theatre, it conjures up the image of Fractured Fairytales from Rocky & Bullwinkle (I'm not sure why). :D

0553099809ajjacobs.gif
    edited December 2006
    SWEET !! I realy love those Machinimas, they crack me up. It's a shame though that I can't see the previous(frank discussion) anymore. I would realy like to watch all three in a row.

We'll be archiving them on the site soon, but until then you can download WMV versions from these links:

Frank Discussion
    Trainspotting
  • edited December 2006
    Am I the only one who can't open the second zip file (Trainspotting)? When I open it in WinRAR or with windows explorer it says the ZIP file is corrupt. I also find it strange that the zip is only 9 megs but the movie inside is about 20...
    edited December 2006
    Must be something wrong with it, because the zip file should be 20 something megs. I'm reuploading it now - try again in a few minutes.
  • edited December 2006
    Fixed, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    ...GameTap released the third one a little early in their client, so we're going to release it a little early on our website, too. It should go up tomorrow.

Weeeeiiiii! :D
  • edited December 2006
    Transcript time!

Sam & Max - Trainspotting
    Machinima Trainscript
    TITLE CARD: SAM & MAX
    TITLE CARD: TRAINSPOTTING

Max: Hey Sam, why are we here?

Sam: Well Max, some say we're all just dustmotes, swirling in an intergalactic soup of protean jelly, simply waiting to settle on the richly polished ebony Boudoir of the hereafter.

Max: No, I mean why are we standing out here in the street instead of sitting in our office watching daytime television and chowing down on snack foods that leave delicious, colored, powdery crud clinging to our fingers?

Sam: Hah! Max, you little scamp, you catch me with that one every time.

Max: Can we go back inside now? All this unfiltered sunlight is scorching my sentitive baby-soft retinas.

Sam: Good thinking. And next time I get the brilliant notion to seek thrills away from the safe haven of our comfortably claustrophic office, just tie me to a chair and slap me silly.

Max: Can I slap you now? It might be more fun than daytime TV. Even for you!

Sam: You crack me up, little buddy. Try it and I'll bust your cute fuzzy knuckles.

Max: Okay!
  • edited December 2006
    It does sound like dustmotes, but surely it's dustmites?

Otherwise, nice effort!
  • edited December 2006
    Heh, I learned all about dust mites during my asthmatic childhood. The line's hard to hear because the train passes just as Sam says it. Now that dust motes has been brought up as a possibility though I think it could be either.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    I learned something new. :)

Mote

Mote would make sense. Max whupped the mites already so they didn't make it into the short.
  • edited December 2006
    thanks for learning me some, Tobacco. I kept on hearing three syllables instead of two.

As for mote/mite, I personally keep hearing "ote" rather than "ite." But the background noise (as the music) seem to be mixed a tad louder this time, leaving my accuracy impaired.
  • edited December 2006
    I don't understand - I tried downloading it and again it game out about 9 megs and didn't work. What am I doing wrong??? Are the telltale staff conspiring against me?

(I tried re-downloading the 1st machinima and it worked fine)
    edited December 2006
    Matan, do a search for machinima2.zip and delete any files you find. There might be a temp file hanging around from when you tried to download it the first time.
  • edited December 2006
    Works now, thanks!! :)
  • edited December 2006
    Just wanted to drop in and say that Trainspotting is the funnies Sam & Max bit I have ever seen apart from the comics. It's superb - I hope this is a sign that you are really getting the hang of this and the quality skyrockets to heights not yet seen by man.

The first episode and the first short aren't bad, but this is spot on. Congratulations! :)
  • edited December 2006
    What about machinima3 ??? Can you provide a download link?
    Thanks
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    A download for machinima #3 will go up on Monday. Patience!
  • edited December 2006
    That monkey contraption in Machinima 3 (and Culture Shock) scares me. :(
  • edited December 2006
    Don't mean to press you or anything, but wasn't the third machinima download supposed to be up by now?
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks matan, I didn't dare to ask... which I am NOT by the way.
    edited December 2006
    Yeah it was supposed to, but it's not. It's been a very busy week. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.