When will it begin shipping?

124»

Comments

• joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    The new Monkey Island merchandise (mugs etc) should be shipping right around the same time as the DVD.

- Joel
  • edited May 2010
    The universal advice: there is very little that can't be achieved by e-mailing support@telltalegames.com. Hell, that's at least a good 20% of Telltale's massive awesomeness right there. I'm sure they can change the shipping address for you. Maybe it would be best to have it sent to a friend while you're in mid-move?

Thanks. I'll probably do that.
  • edited May 2010
    there commentary?? is that like MI 2 SE commentary ??

Look up cutscene commentary for Sam and Max seasons 1 and 2, should still be there in TT's Videos section....

That's most likely the style of commentary we'll be getting, my favorite kind too! Just sit back, relax, watch the game like it's a short movie and listen to the commentary, hurray! Easy peezy.

I'm starting to get anxious, been waiting sooo long. Thanks for info TT employees, very cool.
  • edited May 2010
    How long have we been waiting now since chapter 5 was released? 4 months?
  • edited May 2010
    Neumi wrote: »
    How long have we been waiting now since chapter 5 was released? 4 months?

Over five months, but nobody ever promised the DVD would ship just after the season was complete.
  • edited May 2010
    Yay! Only a few more weeks! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Yay! Only a few more weeks! :D

They said only a few more weeks 2 months ago, mind you. I have an email in my inbox saying stock is expected to arrive at the end of april, and will ship in the first week of may.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi guys,

I remember seeing on the forum that TOMI was going to start shipping on May 31st, but it shows on the website that it is still back ordered. Was the posting that it would ship on May 31st a typo or what? can you guys give us a date or something close to a date of when you will start shipping? May is already over and it is now June....LOL.
  • edited June 2010
    May 31st was never specifically mentioned. However, "end of May" was given as a slightly over-generous estimate. "Beginning of June" would've been more accurate, as the standard DVD seems to be about to ship out, and the deluxe edition is due out in about a couple weeks. So...just a little more patience and it'll be on its way soon.

I predict a response from Fury saying that I'm being overly optimistic, Telltale are bastards, and the DVD's never going to come out, so here's a preemptive "shut up, Fury".
  • edited June 2010
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I remember seeing on the forum that TOMI was going to start shipping on May 31st, but it shows on the website that it is still back ordered. Was the posting that it would ship on May 31st a typo or what? can you guys give us a date or something close to a date of when you will start shipping? May is already over and it is now June....LOL.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-627
  • edited June 2010
    May 31st was never specifically mentioned. However, "end of May" was given as a slightly over-generous estimate. "Beginning of June" would've been more accurate, as the standard DVD seems to be about to ship out, and the deluxe edition is due out in about a couple weeks. So...just a little more patience and it'll be on its way soon.

I predict a response from Fury saying that I'm being overly optimistic, Telltale are bastards, and the DVD's never going to come out, so here's a preemptive "shut up, Fury".

Why don't you shut up. I see Fury mentioned even outside of this forum all the way to general chat in posts like "Fury sucks. Shut up Fury."

How about this.

A. Stop mentioning him.
    B. Stop replying to him.
    C. SHUT IT.

I'm sick of seeing fury's name pop up everywhere in places where it isn't even relevant.
  • edited June 2010
    Why don't you shut up. I see Fury mentioned even outside of this forum all the way to general chat in posts like "Fury sucks. Shut up Fury."

How about this.

A. Stop mentioning him.
    B. Stop replying to him.
    C. SHUT IT.

I'm sick of seeing fury's name pop up everywhere in places where it isn't even relevant.

You're just mad because you "have Fury". :p
  • edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You're just mad because you "have Fury". :p

fffffff
  • edited June 2010

How about this.

A. Stop mentioning him.
    B. Stop replying to him.
    C. SHUT IT.

I've only ever mentioned him here, and only because I've grown to anticipate it. I won't give into B, but I'm perfectly happy to comply with A. As for C... No, you C!
  • edited June 2010
    I've only ever mentioned him here, and only because I've grown to anticipate it. I won't give into B, but I'm perfectly happy to comply with A. As for C... No, you C!

Don't you C my C. D. We sound like we're throwing vitamins at each other, E. I don't see why you need to keep replying to Fury, and F. to H. with the whole thing.
  • edited June 2010

Hey, Telltale is doing the best they can. Sure, they aren't communicating enough information and they clearly lack organisation, but they're doing the best they can!

Man Kenny, stop being so pessimistic.
  • edited June 2010
    Bagge wrote: »
    Over five months, but nobody ever promised the DVD would ship just after the season was complete.

I guess it makes perfect sense NOT so ship out a game once it has been finished.

Most companies do it the other way around, they ship them before they are finished.
  • edited June 2010
    Most companies do it the other way around, they ship them before they are finished.
    Most companies don't make episodic games distributed online.
    That they even make the DVD is awesome on Telltale's part, since a lot of download games stay just that, just downloadable.
  • edited June 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Hey, Telltale is doing the best they can. Sure, they aren't communicating enough information and they clearly lack organisation, but they're doing the best they can!

Man Kenny, stop being so pessimistic.

Hey, of all the arguments I've ever made against you, I'm fairly certain I've never used the phrase "best they can". I can't say with 100% certainty because "best", "they", and "can" are all too short for the forum search engine. So are "May" and "31st", even though "31st" worked just fine when I posed that link yesterday.

Also, I'm going to start referring to you as Susan from now on.
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Most companies don't make episodic games distributed online.
    That they even make the DVD is awesome on Telltale's part, since a lot of download games stay just that, just downloadable.

I took it to mean that he's happy that they don't ship out a product ridden with bugs that it's going to take a load of patches to fix, like some companies do.
  • edited June 2010
    Apparently I have read Neumi's post in exactly the opposite way from how it was intended. That's weird.
    Sorry Neumi! :)
  • edited June 2010
    No worries, actually I didn't want to say anything in specific. I just like the sound of my voice :D

I just don't get why it's taking so long. The episodes looked more or less bug free, there was no patch ever released and no one complained about anything - as far as I can tell.
    The DVD of Sam & Max 2 arrived very quick, and it would be nice to know why the TOMI DVD takes so long.
  • edited June 2010
    I just don't get why it's taking so long. The episodes looked more or less bug free, there was no patch ever released and no one complained about anything - as far as I can tell.
    The DVD of Sam & Max 2 arrived very quick, and it would be nice to know why the TOMI DVD takes so long.

Do a bug or glitch search on ToMI and I think you can find a few, and I have even found some my self.
    Some lines in the graphics, Elaine gliding instead of walking and walking on the spot, people could make 2 gold turtles, cannon balls flying in mid air, and McGillicutty appearing out of nowhere to shoot you back even after you have defeated him, just to mention a few.

But if that is the actual hold up I can't tell, I know it's the extras for the deluxe edition that is contributing a little, and I have heard a few people say they also need approval from Lucas Arts. And they don't really do patches.
  • edited June 2010
    Why doesn't anyone read the blog?

The DVDs are done. The only things still being worked on are:

Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Monkey Island Art Portfolio

If you just ordered the season DVD (not the Deluxe), it will be shipping any day now. The Deluxe is being delayed by the Voodoo card (it's the only thing not pictured).
  • edited June 2010
    Does anyone think TTG will actually explain what took so long once it's finally released?
  • edited June 2010
    Does anyone think TTG will actually explain what took so long once it's finally released?

no.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Not sure that they will, but I can think a few possibilities why the TOMI DVD took longer than other Telltale DVD's to be released once the season was over.

- A much larger number of orders resulting in having to produce more DVD's.
    - The Mac versions (while I see those as a great addition since I've been a Mac user for a little over two years, I have to admit that they weren't up to the quality of the PC versions - which I played on my Mac using CrossOver Games - when they were first released and I hope that one of the so-called "delays" in the release of the DVD's is their improvement).
    - The quest to get superior quality special features (because from visiting these forums daily for almost a year, it's clear that Monkey Island fans are among the most demanding, and rightfully so!).

and of course,

- Getting the LucasArts Seal of Approval.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    no.

Various and sundry reasons. There is rarely one big thing that slows down a project. In this particular case, it was really important to me that we got the mac versions on there, and that we got Earl Boen into 101 (which was shockingly difficult on the PC. No one really expected that). The approvals really didn't take all that long, only a week or two. Also, there had been a bit of turnover in the web team, so we had several different people running the project at different points, many of whom were new to the process, and there is a pretty hefty learning curve to these projects. The reason no one has come out and given an official reason is that there isn't one. It's just a bunch of small things that added up over time. In short, sorry for the delay!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    I'd just like to thank Will for his honesty. It does you a great credit - not all companies are so transparent and forthcoming.
  • edited June 2010
    I am not complaining, the wait don't bother me because I have things to keep me occupied. I am looking forward to it more than anything. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Various and sundry reasons. There is rarely one big thing that slows down a project. In this particular case, it was really important to me that we got the mac versions on there, and that we got Earl Boen into 101 (which was shockingly difficult on the PC. No one really expected that). The approvals really didn't take all that long, only a week or two. Also, there had been a bit of turnover in the web team, so we had several different people running the project at different points, many of whom were new to the process, and there is a pretty hefty learning curve to these projects. The reason no one has come out and given an official reason is that there isn't one. It's just a bunch of small things that added up over time. In short, sorry for the delay!

I thought the problem was with the voodoo cards not being printed, not a technical problem?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    No no, that's for why the big bundle thing hasn't started shipping yet (or at least that's what I've heard people on the forums say, I'm not actually involved in that process so take that with a huge grain of salt). I was just referring to the DVD itself being made.
  • edited June 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank Will for his honesty. It does you a great credit - not all companies are so transparent and forthcoming.

Will is ALWAYS awesome. Nothing surprising here.
    Thanks for dropping by, incidentally. Good to know they're giving you five minute breaks every few weeks.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    YARE is ALWAYS awesome. Nothing surprising here.

Fixed it so you retain your stalker cred!
  • edited June 2010
    Fixed it so you retain your stalker cred!

I think she scared Yare away. Either that or he's been busy battling goblins in the dungeons of Telltale.
  • edited June 2010
    Yare isn't always awesome. Sometimes he's a poo-head :p.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yare he's Sometimes awesome. always isn't a poop-head :p.

fixed it and i didnt need to change your words!
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »

Good post, sucks that happened. Thanks for the info.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.