Sam and Max in PS3-3D?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I've played many of the previous Telltale games in 3D on my PC and aside from typical cursor issues (the cursor is stuck at screen depth) the games play fantastically. The sense of immersion is great and eventhough my PC isn't powerful enough to play beyond quality 4 in full stereoscopic mode (meaning 2 full resolution 1680x1050 buffers are rendered and then scaled down to 1680x525 and finally merged, providing a sort of vertical antialiasing) on ToMI, the perceived quality of the scene is much higher than 2D at even quality 9.

With Sony adding 3D output soon to the PS3 this may be an area where Telltale games could shine without much additional work: After all, due to their PC heritage there are already presets included that would render fast enough in 2x1280x720.

As usual, I don't have any information on how Sony implemented this... I'd hope that it works similarly to current PC approaches, but I could be very wrong. But should they have gotten it right, it would be great to see Sam and Max in 3D on consoles as well.

(P.S. : my PC has a GeForce 7900GS Go, even slower than the PS3's GeForce 7900GTX)

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.