Problem with the sound

I don't know if I should post this here, or e-mail Telltale, or what.

I played the Strong Bad demo a while back, and it played fine on my computer. Recently, I bought the whole series. I started episode one and played through all of the parts that are in the demo, and the sound was just fine, but as soon as I started the next part (same episode, playing on the same day, and without changing any of my settings), I suddenly have huge sound issues.

It's unplayably bad. What happens is that the sound sort of echos. For example, Strong Bad has a line and he starts to say it, and then about a second later, he starts to say the same line again, while he hasn't finished saying it all the way through the first time. The same thing is happening with the music and the background noise and the sound effects. It's always double and the second half is delayed. It's really annoying and impossible to listen to. I'm no audiophile, so I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it.

My problem is, I've paid for this game, and now I can't play it. I'd rather have a way to play it (an update, a patch, *something*) than ask for my money back. I tried monkeying with my sound settings and with the game settings, and nothing fixes it. I'm just playing it on my laptop through the laptop speakers.

Help?

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.