Where are the Sam and Max plush dolls?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Hey, since you guys own the rights to Sam and Max, where are the plush dolls?!

What, you don't have any? Well, get them made!

:D

I have a plush Dogbert, several Gromit plushes, even the Monty Python dead parrot in my computer room. I want ... nay ... need Sam and Max plushes.

And, no, I'm not kidding.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    We don't own the rights to Sam & Max. We have a license from Steve Purcell to make games based on the characters.

That said - Sam & Max dolls would be awesome. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    samnmaxdoll.jpg
  • edited June 2006
    I think they had that rumour of those gettin made back when the cartoon series was running.. man if you can sell sam and max shirts and prints why not a plush doll? hell i'd get one
  • edited June 2006
    We don't own the rights to Sam & Max. We have a license from Steve Purcell to make games based on the characters.
    Perhaps, but you guys are definitely in his good graces based on some of the quotes that he's given in the past. Mon dieu! I can only imagine what kind of money you guys would make from selling Sam & Max plush dolls in conjunction with the game and other items.

Seriously, I'd probably buy four sets, two of which would be gracefully put into storage under punishment of death for any who encroach upon them, one of which would be proudly placed in my computer room, and one which would probably go to the kids to play with.

Sam: Holy weasel on a stick, Max! Look at this! The game, the DVD set of all of our episodes, and some cute plush toys made by the finest laborers in China! Almost makes you want to cry to see such a wonderful visage of us on so many different products to be absorbed by our wonderful fan base with lots of disposable income that would otherwise go to useless products like food and water!

Max: "Visage"? Is that a word, Sam?

• edited June 2006
    I would get one, too. Granted that it would be small enough. Both Sam & Max, actually.
  • edited June 2006
    I would get one, too. Granted that it would be small enough. Both Sam & Max, actually.
    I'd get them even if they were huge. :D

Actually, especially if they're huge.
  • edited June 2006
    Sign me up for a pair!
  • edited June 2006
    me too, me too!! ;)
  • edited June 2006
    Are you taking pre-orders yet?

I want the one with the mouse-trap rigged inside Max's jaw such that it will snap onto the fingers and draw blood of anybody who sticks their fingers in its mouth.
  • edited June 2006
    Are you taking pre-orders yet?

I want the one with the mouse-trap rigged inside Max's jaw such that it will snap onto the fingers and draw blood of anybody who sticks their fingers in its mouth.
    Uh, ouch. That's the "Special Edition Sadist Version", I assume.

Of course, we can't forget accessories: corn dog, paper bag with eyes cut out (plus a second one as a spare for the Sam plush), that bad-a$$ car of theirs, and so on.
  • edited June 2006
    I'm perfectly willing to buy anything in some way related to Sam and Max. Floaty pens! Yo-yo's! Licensed cereal!
    edited June 2006
    I'm perfectly willing to buy anything in some way related to Sam and Max. Floaty pens!

I've got one of those!

game_promopen.jpg
  • edited June 2006
    *drools* are you willing to auction it?

ok, i'll bid 1st... i bid a reasonable... $6
  • edited June 2006
    That's the funniest floaty pen I've ever seen.
  • edited October 2006
    I would give one of my arms for a pair of Sam and max plush dolls.

Doesn't matter what size, shape, or whatever.
  • edited October 2006
    Well, I think with Steve Purcell to back you gals and guys up, TellTaleGames has a fantastic chance of making billions... if not THOUSANDS of dollars of extra profit with more Sam & Max merchandise up your online-shelves.

Plush dolls? Bought! A re-release of "Surfin' the Highway"? BOUGHT! The "Sam & Max: Freelance Police - The Complete "Season 1" 2 CD Soundtrack Set With Complete Liner Notes By Jared Emerson-Johnson In A Booklet Illustrated By Steve Purcell"? God damn it... BOUGHT!!!!

Seriously, DO THAT! It'd be very stupid (and I'm VERY famliar with growing degrees of stupidity) not to...
  • edited October 2006
    Given that i'm a sucker for entertaining merchandise, i'd jump at the chance for Sam & Max plushies. I'd bite someone too, if you ask nice. Make a whole set! Sam, Max, the rat, Flint Paper, the car... The possibilities are endless! And i'd buy em all! I'm odd that way.
    edited October 2006
    I think the world has wanted Sam & Max plush dolls for about 20 years now.
  • edited October 2006
    PM me if you want one. The Max one looks very similar.

samplushdollweb1em7.jpg
  • edited October 2006
    I would give one of my arms for a pair of Sam and max plush dolls.

Doesn't matter what size, shape, or whatever.

You have arms of different size and shape? :D

--Erwin
  • edited October 2006
    There's an independant website for creating rather beautiful merchandise.
    I'll try and find it.
    Other possible venues could be Palisades and NECA
  • edited October 2006
    Anyone want to comission a pair of Sam%Max dolls? :D
  • edited October 2006
    Dudes, I'm selling some hot plushies on the previous page. They're selling so fast, buy them now and avoid huge disappointment! (No refunds)
  • edited November 2006
    i would buy a max plush!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.