Bone - TGCR Graphics/Engine Bugs (possible spoilers)

edited December 2006 in Game Support
hello!

i just finished the great cow race director's cut and came across a few bugs along the way! they didn't really bother me, but i just thought i'd let you know of them: (i'm trying to do this without spoilers)

1. when phoney was standing near maude, outside the tavern, at one stage he just stopped in situ! moving the mouse would pivot him on the spot, but he wouldn't move and the icon wouldn't change from the walk option. (i didn't save this or screen shot it, i just laughed and reloaded my last game!)

Attachment not found.
2. when removing phoney's hat in the tavern after already getting the key (i actually tried to put it back where it was in the first place!) the sequence seems to time out and phoney says something, but in doing that, his hat stays off his head! (see image above.)

Attachment not found.
3. towards the end, when talking to the bee, i can't get past the line "my cousins in big trouble". (the top conversation option, on the second click.) after that the dialogue boxes/option boxes overlay incorrectly and the only thing you can do it press ESC and reload. the only way i could get around this was by not clicking on it! (see image above.)

4. in the credits, there's a credit for "publishing" towards the end but there's no name listed under it! (just before emily's credit, i think. this isn't a bug, i just thought it was odd.)

also attached are save games for bugs 2 and 3.
Attachment not found.

but hey, awesome game . . . absolutely awesome. i liked out from boneville, but i think the great cowrace was a great step up. i look forward to the 3rd installment.

can i also offer a possible feature request? as much as i enjoy the voice characterisation in bone, as well as in sam and max, i'm more a subtitle reader when playing games. considering that (it seems anyway) the telltale engine is mostly mouse based, is it possible to skip through dialogue with a mouse click? i recently played "secret files: tunguska" and during dialog right clicking skipped that sentence. it just seems a bit annoying to have one hand on the mouse to play the game, but the other hand on the spacebar to skip dialogue.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for the detailed info about these. :)
    can i also offer a possible feature request? as much as i enjoy the voice characterisation in bone, as well as in sam and max, i'm more a subtitle reader when playing games. considering that (it seems anyway) the telltale engine is mostly mouse based, is it possible to skip through dialogue with a mouse click?

You can skip dialogue with the space bar.
  • edited December 2006
    hello!

it just seems a bit annoying to have one hand on the mouse to play the game, but the other hand on the spacebar to skip dialogue.

umm . . . did you read that in my post, emily??
  • edited December 2006
    umm . . . did you read that in my post, emily??

Be nice. If it's important enough for you, and your mouse drivers allow it, you can always temporarily map a right-click to the spacebar. For the record, Sam & Max allows you to use a right-click to skip dialogue, though.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Oops, no, I glossed over that. (I'm a self-proclaimed lazy reader. ;))

Right-clicking might work in the new versions of the Bone games, too. I haven't tried it.
This discussion has been closed.