They Stole Max's Brain!

edited August 2012 in Sam & Max
Could it be that the brain in Skunkape's spaceship from episode 1 was Max's brain from the future? Will that be the the cliffhanger for episode 2?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    YoshiRoll wrote: »
    Could it be that the brain in Skunkape's spaceship from episode 1 was Max's brain from the future? Will that be the the cliffhanger for episode 2?

No. The brain explained
    it's named Gordon and that it was a platypus-like creature from another planet
  • edited May 2010
    Not really possible, it obviously means that Skun-k'ape was succesful in gaining Max's brain, or it's another person who was more smarter then Skunkape.
  • edited May 2010
    or max brain fales out and they take it but who:confused:
  • edited May 2010
    Good point. Hurry up Episode 2! Anyone know what time (GMT) the game's coming out?
  • edited May 2010
    Episode 3 is called They Stole Max's Brain though. Who stole it? Was it ages ago before series 1 began? (I mean, he never seems to have a brain!) :)
  • edited May 2010
    But, then again, I don't think it would be hard to steal Max's brain. Don't forget that he has a twist-off, easy access skull, like when the mutant fish tried to get his brain in the cartoon.
  • edited May 2010
    it in their DNA it how sam also sees the visions and max has the gift
  • edited May 2010
    You say brain all the time! Brain, brain, what is brain?

Bonus points to anyone who catches that referrence.

EDIT: Drat, someone else already mentioned it. Serves me right for waiting.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    more smarter
    Oh Redundancy We've missed you.
  • edited May 2010
    YoshiRoll wrote: »
    Max's brain from the future?
    I'd say it would have to be Max's brain from the PAST... Episode 1, Season 1 to be exact, because the brain was voiced by Andrew Chaikin, just like Max in that episode.

Or it's not Max' brain at all.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Not really possible, it obviously means that Skun-k'ape was succesful in gaining Max's brain, or it's another person who was more smarter then Skunkape.

"Amazing! I had no idea my skull was threaded for easy access!"

Though to be fair, it may be zipper sealed this time.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't think it would be hard to steal Max's brain.
    BOY! You weren't kidding.
  • edited May 2010
    From what we learned in 302, ill say its the Mole people who stole it.
  • edited May 2010
    Anyone could have. Just think of the possibilities: the wielder could control many powerful psychic forces, harness his chaotic violent tendencies or even use it as a nifty floatation device.
  • edited May 2010
    It must be done!
    I'm pointing the finger at Amelia Earhart: The most evil being in the Universe!
  • edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure those huge, 6-feet roaches have something to do with Max's missing brain. Not to be confused with the giant roaches from "Bad day on the Moon" episode.

(note that the episode mark has a face of the main episode villian on it, examp.: Penal Zone has Skun-ka'pe, while Toomb of Sammun-mak has Mesiur Papierweight)
  • edited June 2010
    But do we really think that Sal has taken Max's brain?
    And perhaps they won't make it that easy for us this time...
  • edited August 2012
    Was the episode influenced by Twilight Zone episode/short story Its a Good life? There both about a child with god like powers in control of everyone.
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Was the episode influenced by Twilight Zone episode/short story Its a Good life? There both about a child with god like powers in control of everyone.

So what your saying is in a The Twlight Zone episode It's a good life. There's a giant space ape who steals a kid's brain and then the kid's dog sidekick comes and throws a person called Sammun-Mak's brain into the kid's body which then gives Sammun-Mak powers. Then when the dog sidekick is about to save the kid then Sammun-Mak changes the world so he can be king. So then the kid tricks the dog sidekick to stop Sammun-Mak which then ends with the Dog fighting a space ape and a crazy king which then ends with the world going by to normal and then loads of Sam clones oops i mean loads of dog sidekick clones come and attack them?

Wow Sam & Max used a lot from The Twlight Zone in this episode.
  • edited August 2012
    So what your saying is in a The Twlight Zone episode It's a good life. There's a giant space ape who steals a kid's brain and then the kid's dog sidekick comes and throws a person called Sammun-Mak's brain into the kid's body which then gives Sammun-Mak powers. Then when the dog sidekick is about to save the kid then Sammun-Mak changes the world so he can be king. So then the kid tricks the dog sidekick to stop Sammun-Mak which then ends with the Dog fighting a space ape and a crazy king which then ends with the world going by to normal and then loads of Sam clones oops i mean loads of dog sidekick clones come and attack them?

Wow Sam & Max used a lot from The Twlight Zone in this episode.

I know you're probably being facetious but don't mock him for seeing a similarity (the similarity being both 303 and that episode feature a child with god-like powers) in a Twilight Zone episode when the whole season is inspired by that series. :P

I'm a huge Twilight Zone nerd so indulge me for a moment; "It's a Good Life" was one of the series' most famous episodes, and it revolves around a town called Peaksville. A six-year-old boy lives there, named Anthony, and Anthony has had god-like powers since birth. He's separated Peaksville from the rest of the world, so much that it may not even be a part of Earth anymore. He can manipulate the weather, transform people and objects, read the minds of everyone around him, send others to a place called "the cornfield" (it's implied this actually just wipes them out of existence), and basically bend reality to his will. As a result he has complete control over Peaksville and everyone living there, and all the adults are absolutely terrified of him. But it's not because Anthony is evil, he's just a six-year-old kid who doesn't know any better. He's too young to understand his own tyrannical actions.
    There becomes an interesting moral dilemma towards the end of the episode, where a man says they should just kill Anthony and end this.
    But is that the right thing to do? Can you really kill a child, even one that's so powerful he's a danger to everyone around him? He's not old enough, his brain hasn't grown enough, to comprehend what he's doing is wrong. Is it really his fault, can you really justify taking away a child's life for the sake of everyone else around him?

The creepy concept of a town under the rule of a realty-altering child along with that moral question is what's made it one of The Twilight Zone's most well-known and popular episodes. I really recommend watching it sometime if you've never seen it.
    "It's a Good Life" has been referenced and parodied in a number of other television shows and cartoons, notably in the latter category The Simpsons, Johnny Bravo (along with the episodes "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and "Living Doll"), and the Sam & Max animated series! In the Sam & Max episode "The Trouble With Gary", Gary and his powers are based on Anthony. The Sam & Max cartoon also parodied The Twilight Zone episode "The Invaders" in its episode of the same name.
    Seems like Sam & Max has had a connection with The Twilight Zone for quite a long time. Perhaps having it as an overall theme of The Devil's Playhouse was inevitable? :3
  • edited August 2012
    I know you're probably being facetious but don't mock him for seeing a similarity (the similarity being both 303 and that episode feature a child with god-like powers) in a Twilight Zone episode when the whole season is inspired by that series. :P

I'm a huge Twilight Zone nerd so indulge me for a moment; "It's a Good Life" was one of the series' most famous episodes, and it revolves around a town called Peaksville. A six-year-old boy lives there, named Anthony, and Anthony has had god-like powers since birth. He's separated Peaksville from the rest of the world, so much that it may not even be a part of Earth anymore. He can manipulate the weather, transform people and objects, read the minds of everyone around him, send others to a place called "the cornfield" (it's implied this actually just wipes them out of existence), and basically bend reality to his will. As a result he has complete control over Peaksville and everyone living there, and all the adults are absolutely terrified of him. But it's not because Anthony is evil, he's just a six-year-old kid who doesn't know any better. He's too young to understand his own tyrannical actions.
    There becomes an interesting moral dilemma towards the end of the episode, where a man says they should just kill Anthony and end this.
    But is that the right thing to do? Can you really kill a child, even one that's so powerful he's a danger to everyone around him? He's not old enough, his brain hasn't grown enough, to comprehend what he's doing is wrong. Is it really his fault, can you really justify taking away a child's life for the sake of everyone else around him?

The creepy concept of a town under the rule of a realty-altering child along with that moral question is what's made it one of The Twilight Zone's most well-known and popular episodes. I really recommend watching it sometime if you've never seen it.
    "It's a Good Life" has been referenced and parodied in a number of other television shows and cartoons, notably in the latter category The Simpsons, Johnny Bravo (along with the episodes "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and "Living Doll"), and the Sam & Max animated series! In the Sam & Max episode "The Trouble With Gary", Gary and his powers are based on Anthony. The Sam & Max cartoon also parodied The Twilight Zone episode "The Invaders" in its episode of the same name.
    Seems like Sam & Max has had a connection with The Twilight Zone for quite a long time. Perhaps having it as an overall theme of The Devil's Playhouse was inevitable? :3

I was not trying to mock him, I was just joking. But while you can say Max is a child (Or at least acts like one) He does not really control anyone in the season. Sam does in Episode 5 using Ariel Projection to control Sam clones. I can see where Coolsome got the idea because i do remember the episode of Johnny Bravo where they did a full episode like the Twlight Zone. It had a narrator and 3 stories to it. I remember 2 of the stories. One was based on the one where a guy says theres a monster on the plane, the second was based on It's a wonderful life. I know The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes are great for episodes based on Twlight zone too.
  • edited August 2012
    I was not trying to mock him, I was just joking. But while you can say Max is a child (Or at least acts like one) He does not really control anyone in the season. Sam does in Episode 5 using Ariel Projection to control Sam clones. I can see where Coolsome got the idea because i remember an episode of Johnny Bravo where they did a full episode like the Twlight Zone. It had a narrator and 3 stories to it. I remember 2 of the stories. One was based on the one where a guy says theres a monster on the plane, the second was based on It's a wonderful life. Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes are great for episodes based on Twlight zone too.

I didn't mean "control" in that sense. Are you ESL? (Is English not your first language?)
    Yes, Johnny Bravo had an episode with 3 stories based on Twilight Zone episodes! I remember the narrator in that episode called it "The Place Where Normal Things Don't Happen Very Often", LOL. :p
    The three episodes they based the stories on were "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", "Living Doll" (oh hi, inspiration for Charlie Ho-Tep), and "It's a Good Life."
    The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror II parodied "It's a Good Life", but throughout the years, Treehouse of Horror has parodied and referenced lots of Twilight Zone episodes! :cool:
  • edited August 2012
    Yes English is my first language. What was the name of the Johnny Bravo episode based on It's a wonderful life? Also i just remembered something that was based on Twlight Zone. The Scary Door on Futurama!
  • edited August 2012
    Yes English is my first language. What was the name of the Johnny Bravo episode based on It's a wonderful life? Also i just remembered something that was based on Twlight Zone. The Scary Door on Futurama!

Alright, I thought from the way you misinterpreted me, you might be ESL.
    Also the episode is called "It's a Good Life", you're thinking of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life", which is completely different, LOL.
    The Johnny Bravo episodes were "The Man Who Cried Clown" (based on "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"), "Johnny, Real Good" (based on "It's a Good Life"), and "Little Talky Tabitha" (based on "Living Doll").

Yes, I LOVE The Scary Door parodies! :p I remember one even spoofed the episode "Time Enough to Last", which is one of my favorites.
  • edited August 2012
    I have actually never watched that episode. I do remember the New Twilight Zone episode based on it: "The Toys of Caliban". It was TERRIFYING.
  • edited August 2012
    Yes, I LOVE The Scary Door parodies! I remember one even spoofed the episode "Time Enough to Last", which is one of my favorites.

Yeah that one was great. :D
  • edited August 2012
    crfh wrote: »
    I have actually never watched that episode. I do remember the New Twilight Zone episode based on it: "The Toys of Caliban". It was TERRIFYING.

Man... even for all my geekiness over the original series, I've never watched either of the newer Twilight Zone series from 1985 or 2002.
    I guess I just can't bring myself to watch them, I love Mr. Serling too much! >n<;
  • edited August 2012
    My point was both Sammun-Mak and Anthony where spoiled brats like most kids but had godly powers to make everyone indulge there childish whims. It really seems like a conscious decision to use the concept from that episode/short story in Sam and Max.

Also it was parodied in the TV show of Sam and Max The Trouble with Gary.
  • edited August 2012
    My point was both Sammun-Mak and Anthony where spoiled brats like most kids but had godly powers to make everyone indulge there childish whims. It really seems like a conscious decision to use the concept from that episode/short story in Sam and Max.

Also it was parodied in the TV show of Sam and Max The Trouble with Gary.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.