CD Director's Cut

edited April 2008 in Bone
Hey, if you order the CD version of one of the Bone games, will i get the Original or The Director's Cut?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    The directors cut CDs are still being prepared, so if you order the CD version now from our site, you'll be getting a copy of the directors cut on CD... but it won't be sent right away because it doesn't exist yet! The CDs are going off to duplication in the next week, so the moment they're pressed they'll be shipped out to anyone who has an order in.
  • edited December 2006
    thank you for answering
  • edited January 2007
    I've been waiting a while now for the option to buy both Bone games - Director's Cut on CD. Will this be available soon? Is it possible to buy the games as digital download now, and get a cd when you release it, without paying for everything all over again?

-Panthera
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    That option is available now. The CDs aren't ready to ship yet (still a few more weeks before they will be), but if you buy them now you get access to downloadable versions immediately, and the CDs will ship to you when they're available.

If you're asking about a CD bundle, I don't know if we'll be doing that at some point or not. It's not something we have any immediate plans to offer.
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    If you're asking about a CD bundle, I don't know if we'll be doing that at some point or not. It's not something we have any immediate plans to offer.

The reason for this being what?

This way the CD-Versions of the games are not just 5$ each more expensive than the downloadable ones, more like 26$ for both games including shipping (to eurpoe, but national shipping isn't much cheaper). Are you desperately trying to punish game collectors for their preferences?
  • edited March 2007
    I am interested in buying the two Bone games on CD, but I cannot find the link to order them. Could someone direct me to it?
    edited March 2007
    axelkothe wrote: »
    The reason for this being what?

This way the CD-Versions of the games are not just 5$ each more expensive than the downloadable ones, more like 26$ for both games including shipping (to eurpoe, but national shipping isn't much cheaper). Are you desperately trying to punish game collectors for their preferences?

Oops, I didn't see this when it was first asked.

We're not trying to punish anyone. It's kind of difficult to set up bundles in our store, and until we can find a better way to do it, it's a lot less headache for us not to do it (especially if the CDs keep getting delayed, as they have been for a few months now). Once the CDs are released, if we feel there is a demand for a CD bundle we'll consider offering one.

Barak, you can get the CDs here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/boneville
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/cowrace

But keep in mind they're still backordered.
  • edited March 2007
    Oh, so there is no way to get a deal on both CDs yet? Put me down for someone who would be interested in a CD package of both games :)
  • edited April 2007
    How come the CD version has benn backordered again?
  • edited May 2007
    I was just wondereing when the Director's Cut CDs will be ready to ship to peeps. I bought both Bone games way back in February, and seem to vaguely remeber reading on here that they were still delayed (though I'm not 100% sure on that, could have been the posts from October and I didn't notice the date), but I haven't had anything through the post yet.
    edited May 2007
    Yes, they're still backordered. We are going to do them when we finish the Season 1 disk.

If anyone who has them on order doesn't want to wait anymore, you can let me know and I can cancel the order for you.
  • edited May 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Yes, they're still backordered. We are going to do them when we finish the Season 1 disk.

Ah ok, thank you. :)
  • edited June 2007
    Does the area where you can buy the Bone games need to be updated? It still says the CD version won't ship til ship mid-January.
  • edited July 2007
    I hate to bump an old thread, but I have a few quick questions about the hard copies of the Director's Cut. My first question is, has any additional content been added to the CDs that was not on the original? By which I mean, other than the updated install packages. Secondly, has online activation been removed in favor of CD activation? Finally, my last question is, has the cover art changed in any way from the original?
    edited July 2007
    The new vesrions (which are now available!) use SecuROM for copy protection. You need to have your disc in the drive, but there's no online activation.

The extras that come on the CDs are the same as on the old versions (soundtrack MP3s, some trailers, collector's cards on the Boneville one). The front covers have not changed. The back cover of Boneville has changed to match Cow Race's back cover.
  • edited July 2007
    I have one more quick question, then. For those of us that have already purchased the original versions, is there any chance of ordering the Director's Cut CDs for a reduced price?
  • edited August 2007
    Sorry if I am asking to much, but is it possible to provide images of the front, back, and inside of the 2 Bone Games?
    edited August 2007
    mhaley wrote: »
    I have one more quick question, then. For those of us that have already purchased the original versions, is there any chance of ordering the Director's Cut CDs for a reduced price?

Nope, sorry.
  • edited April 2008
    What can we expect from these new versions...extended play,etc...Since there is no reduction in cost for buyers for the downloads why would I buy this game a second time?:confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.