• edited May 2010
    I will not believe you before you say what it is
    probably not after, either
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    dues ep 2 for ps3 Exclusive is there

Uhhhhh... no kidding...... Maybe you meant:
    My fellow forum-goers;
    Does Sam & Max Episode 302: The Tomb of Sammun Mak contain any PS3-Exclusive bonuses? And if so, what kind? Posthaste responses much obliged.
    -Kane

Also, I hope not, because that means there will be one more thing for me to gripe about, let alone not being able to PLAY said game!
  • edited May 2010
    There was never supposed to be ANY PS3-exclusive. And it's not going to stay exclusive, they will eventually update the PC one with it.

Seriously, that was a stupid "question".
  • edited May 2010
    yes but it has happen an I cadent find en secrets on pc and theirs a throaty to do whif Yog-Sogoth ok
  • edited May 2010
    yes but it has happen an I cadent find en secrets on pc and theirs a throaty to do whif Yog-Sogoth ok

Are you actually foriegn, or do you just write that way?
  • edited May 2010
    I live in the uk and I cant read and I have d something you no when homespuns can read stuff and I have an interesting comments
  • edited May 2010
    I live in the uk and I cant read and I have d something you no when homespuns can read stuff and I have an interesting comments

Well, ok...
  • edited May 2010
    I think he's saying he can't read and uses an automatic program. That would explain why "doesn't" became "Dustin" and "didn't" became "Diderot". I assumed he was using a spell-checker due to dyslexia.
  • edited May 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    There was never supposed to be ANY PS3-exclusive. And it's not going to stay exclusive, they will eventually update the PC one with it.

Seriously, that was a stupid "question".

Wait. There was a PS3 exclusive?
  • edited May 2010
    StrawHat89 wrote: »
    Wait. There was a PS3 exclusive?

When you complete the first episode on Playstation, you get NutriSpecs in your second playthrough, which are one of Max's power that tells you what stuff is made of.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think he's saying he can't read and uses an automatic program. That would explain why "doesn't" became "Dustin" and "didn't" became "Diderot". I assumed he was using a spell-checker due to dyslexia.

Well, now I feel like a jerk for my first post in this thread T_T...
  • edited May 2010
    it ok
  • edited May 2010
    :D:D
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Unfortunately speech recognition is still a bit of an unsolved problem in computer science. There isn't yet any speech recognition software that works very well. It can work OK if a very small dictionary is used--i.e. a device that recognizes only a certain number of voice commands. One example is a cell phone that allows you to call someone on your contact list by speaking their name into the microphone.

Speech recognition software that has to understand all the words in a language will invariably be inaccurate... and accents, dialects, minor speech impediments or even different speaking voices will confuse them.

Human brains will recognize and understand speech accurately and effortlessly because they are specifically wired for pattern recognition. Computers on the other hand are terrible at this. We're used to thinking of computers as very smart, as they can perform calculations billions of times more quickly than any human--but when it comes to pattern recognition they seem surprisingly stupid.

I think it's an interesting example of the distinction between human intelligence and machine intelligence. It's also kind of disappointing; we live in 2010, dammit! You'd think they would have solved problems like this years ago. Science fiction has told us that we should be visiting other planets, living on the moon and speaking to sentient computers by now.

My apologies for going off topic--I didn't mean to.
    ...or did I?
  • edited May 2010
    It's funny because your post sounds a bit like a type of spam, where a keyword is recognised and some kind or article relating to it is pasted.

Regardless, I agree with you. Where are my totally voice-activated things? Why can't I dictate a whole novel yet? Mmh?
  • edited May 2010
    i wonder if you could say "clap, clap" and the lights would turn on...?
  • edited May 2010
    The only thing being voice recognition has actually been pretty awesome for years.

On anything since windows xp you can easily dictate and have it type with almost no errors because when you set it up you spend about 5 mins training it to your voice and then if it makes errors that you have to correct it further trains itself.
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The only thing being voice recognition has actually been pretty awesome for years.
    I humbly disagree.
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    On anything since windows xp you can easily dictate and have it type with almost no errors because when you set it up you spend about 5 mins training it to your voice and then if it makes errors that you have to correct it further trains itself.
    You're thinking of dictation software, which is trained to understand a specific speaker. I think speech recognition generally refers to a system that can be used by an arbitrary user, but I guess the term can also be used for both types.

Dictation software can work OK, but only because you can train it, as you mentioned. Training takes time though--especially as names of places, companies and people often don't exist in the dictionary. That's okay if you're just playing around, but it can get time consuming and irritating if you actually want to get some work done. And again, it will only work for one person!

In general, dictation and voice recognition software takes a lot of processing power and memory. The software is also quite challenging to develop, so I presume commercial solutions are expensive. A lot of current solutions are failures to varying degrees, e.g. automatic call center robots that don't understand your voice commands (perhaps due to how a phone line distorts sound), YouTube's automatically generated captions (mostly useless from what I've seen), supposedly automatic voice message to text translation that needs to fall back on human transcription etc.

The point is that while humans come with a very accurate built-in speech recognition system, computer software can only work OK in ideal circumstances... no accents, no weird dialects, no stuttering, lisping or other speech impediments, no background noise and so on. And even in ideal conditions there are errors. NIST has a nice metastudy thing, which shows error rates of current and past systems. It shows over 10% error rates even in the most recent systems. Numbers I've seen quoted elsewhere are in the range of 10-25%.
  • edited May 2010
    Uh, getting back on the topic.

I just finished the 2nd Episode of the PS3 version of the game last night...

And no, I didn't unlock anything this time. So, no.

I think the NutriSpecs unlock was just a one time deal. There probably won't be anymore.
  • edited May 2010
    thanks um now what im still new
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    There's no extra power in 302. I think that was just a Penal Zone thing.
  • edited May 2010
    I meant nest episode
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, basically what Jake said is that the NutriSpecs being only on PS3 (for now) was a one episode in a series type thing, so for the rest of the season we can expect simultaneous psychic toys on both PC and PS3.
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, basically what Jake said is that the NutriSpecs being only on PS3 (for now) was a one episode in a series type thing, so for the rest of the season we can expect simultaneous psychic toys on both PC and PS3.

Actually, I think he meant The Penal Zone power was only for The Penal Zone; no other Episode. Which is sad because extra powers are fun, especially when it has nothing to do with the full plot.

But I hope I'm wrong, and you're right.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.