Baby Lebowski? [spoilers]

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Just noticed Baby Emelia sounds uncannily like Maude Lebowski (Julianne Moore) from The Big Lebowski. Any connection?

Comments

• aHartzellaHartzell Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Not consciously, no. She was conceived as having the voice of a young Katherine Hepburn. Voice actress Thessalie Lerner has a different quality, but we knew it was perfect for the character as soon as we heard it.
  • edited May 2010
    I can't help but think she took mire than a little inspiration from the Cohen Brothers classic ;) But great characterisation either way!
  • edited May 2010
    I definitely thought of Katherine Hepburn when listening to Baby Amelia. Her lines especially gave that away. I loved how she hates Sam and Max calling her girl.
  • edited May 2010
    She's a great character, and I love how she talks at about 500 words a minute. :D But...we've seen Baby Amelia Earheart before! In 202, with a completely different appearance and voice! Okay, you could argue that her 302 design is her as an actual baby, then when she was an adult her voice was deeper and when we see her de-aged to baby form she's younger than she is in 302 and still has her adult voice. But it would've been nice to get a mention from Sam and Max, like "Hey, we met her on Easter Island!" or something.
  • edited May 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    She's a great character, and I love how she talks at about 500 words a minute. :D But...we've seen Baby Amelia Earheart before! In 202, with a completely different appearance and voice! Okay, you could argue that her 302 design is her as an actual baby, then when she was an adult her voice was deeper and when we see her de-aged to baby form she's younger than she is in 302 and still has her adult voice. But it would've been nice to get a mention from Sam and Max, like "Hey, we met her on Easter Island!" or something.

But this isn't Sam and Max, this is Sameth and Maxeth.
  • edited May 2010
    Kralex wrote: »

But Sam and Max are watching and make comments regularly.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe it was handwaved for continuity purposes? I don't think it would leave newcomers scratching their heads any more than they would have in The Penal Zone (the quick reference to Girl Stinky being a
    Cake of the Damned
    , for example), but I would have definitely expected Sam and Max to comment.
  • edited May 2010
    Kralex wrote: »

WRONG! This is Sameth and MAXIMUS.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.