Sam & Max Season 3 Music

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Um, hi. I'm Hatley, this is my first post.

Anyway, I love the music of season 3. So far, my fave is "The Big Reward" from episode 2. If anyone's interested, I've recorded it and put it on youtube.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Link?
  • edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Link?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINaBDNcIXU

There you go. I've also recorded Stinky's diner theme.
  • edited May 2010
    Sweet :)
    The music in the final showdown is really nice, thanks alot!
  • edited May 2010
    No problem. If you've got any requests I'll be happy to record some more music.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Hatley! I've been after more of the music. Loving this. Anything else you feel like uploading would be appreciated.
  • edited May 2010
    What would YOU like me to upload? I'm not a very decisive person.

Edit:Uploaded The Standoff theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsZ4uxzGKSI
  • edited May 2010
    This is much easier than recording with FRAPS:

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software#telltalemusic
  • edited May 2010
    This is much easier than recording with FRAPS:

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software#telltalemusic
    Why thank you.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I of course can't fully guarantee it, but another soundtrack CD set is extremely likely this year. The music in this season is, I think, some of the best stuff Jared's written, and it's one of my favorite adventure game scores ever. I have most of the tracks up through episode 3 on my iPhone and listen to them all too often.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I have most of the tracks up through episode 3 on my iPhone and listen to them all too often.

Okay, way to rub it in our faces :). Not only do you have an iPhone, but you have the music of an unreleased Sam & Max episode!
  • edited May 2010
    I have the Season One and Two soundtracks on my PC, and I have them sync'd with an app to my Android phone(can't wait for 2.2 to make the feature standard). I listen to them near constantly, and I would get a season three soundtrack in a second if it was as well-done(or better than) the first couple season's soundtracks.
  • edited May 2010
    I of course can't fully guarantee it, but another soundtrack CD set is extremely likely this year. The music in this season is, I think, some of the best stuff Jared's written, and it's one of my favorite adventure game scores ever. I have most of the tracks up through episode 3 on my iPhone and listen to them all too often.

*Adding to cart in the future*
  • edited May 2010
    *Adding to cart in the future*
    Can I borrow your time machine? Don't worry, I'll get it back to you yesterday.
  • edited May 2010
    you already did, tomorrow
  • edited May 2010
    Man, I really like the main theme used for the trailer. The very fast piece with the spacy synthesiser. And also the theme used at the end of the trailers: a bit of a bossanova-like piece with an amazing saxophone.
    Are those also used in the actual games or just in the trailer?
    (I haven't play the game... yet)
  • edited May 2010
    Hamkaas wrote: »
    Man, I really like the main theme used for the trailer. The very fast piece with the spacy synthesiser. And also the theme used at the end of the trailers: a bit of a bossanova-like piece with an amazing saxophone.
    The music from the trailer is used in the intros, I've recorded some more music, gonna upload later.
    Ok, I've uploaded the intro theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMM-W3_xRGY) and Reel 1 intro theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo09DfTdGO8)
  • edited May 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    The music from the trailer is used in the intros

...No, it's not. They are completely different. The one in the trailer is the one that plays when
    you're in Skunkape's ship at the very beginning, I think

This is the one you want
  • edited May 2010
    Unless he means the absolutely awesome one at the end of the second trailer, which I don't think we've heard in-game yet.
  • Awesome. Thanks for uploading Hatley!

How come Jared Emerson-Johnson isn't listed here? I had to re-watch the game's opening credits to see who you were talking about... But you're right, his work is great stuff!
  • edited May 2010
    How come Jared Emerson-Johnson isn't listed here?
    Because Jared isn't a Telltale employee. He works for the sound studio Telltale always works with, Bay Area Sound.
  • Ahh...

Found him.
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you, that's exactly the "very fast piece with the spacy synthesiser" that I meant. Man, it sounds so epic.
    (And indeed a part of it is also present in the introductions.)
    Unless he means the absolutely awesome one at the end of the second trailer, which I don't think we've heard in-game yet.
    Yeah, that's the "bossanova-like piece with the amazing saxophone". I really want to hear the rest of that song. It sounds like a stand-alone jazzpiece.

Jared is doing a great job.
    edited May 2010

The fast paced theme plays on Skunkape's ship during action sequences. Jared said his concept for the track was "Charles Mingus writes a new theme for Doctor Who." The bossa nova-style piece is one of the themes for the various city street environments in the Penal Zone. I think it plays outside BoscoTech Labs sometimes, depending on what's going on out there.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I was astonished that episode 2 actually only featured one or two tracks from the first episode. Great effort there! Although I wasn't completely satisfied with how the iMuse concept worked in this episode, it had some great music in it.

Well, I'm looking forward to another soundtrack bundle deal with all three soundtracks in it. To order with ToMI Season 2 or something... ;)
  • edited May 2010
    The bossa nova-style piece is one of the themes for the various city street environments in the Penal Zone. I think it plays outside BoscoTech Labs sometimes, depending on what's going on out there.
    Ah, thanks!
    I just found it - it's called streetb_action, for anyone else who was looking for it. Brilliant stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote:
    Jared said his concept for the track was "Charles Mingus writes a new theme for Doctor Who.
    Ha ha, so that's the way he works. It explains the big bebop infuance in the song. The combination turned out great.
    it's called streetb_action

Request!
  • edited May 2010
    what do you mean, request? i already gave you a link!
    edited May 2010
    Ha ha, so that's the way he works. It explains the big bebop infuance in the song. The combination turned out great.

Heh I don't know "how he works," to be honest. That one sentence pitch is one of the few times I've heard him describe a soundtrack cue that way, but it's a good shorthand description for what is a very cool piece of music.
  • edited May 2010
    I have most of the tracks up through episode 3 on my iPhone and listen to them all too often.

So, Jake, any coffee shops you frequent? Just asking y'know...
    edited May 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    So, Jake, any coffee shops you frequent? Just asking y'know...

Mystery_box15.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Mind answering anyway? I'd like to know for an unrelated reason.
  • edited May 2010
    Mystery_box15.jpg

heehee, cheeky Telltale! Also, i too would like to know, but, just so that i know, you know? no? yes you know! no know yes know.
  • edited May 2010
    what do you mean, request? i already gave you a link!

That one doesn't include this song, right?
    Our have I missed something?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.