About The Narrator

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
I think he may be a human form of Yog Soggoth, here are my reasons:
1:In the trailer for The Devil's Playhouse, one of his lines is "Welcome, to my playhouse of the bizzare. If that was intentional, then that would mean that The Devil's Toybox,
the tool for summoning Yog-Soggoth
, is his too.
2:Like
Hugh Bliss
, he looks (and sounds) like something desperately trying to appear human.
3:This one is debateable;He knows a lot about the toys of power doesn't he? I know a narrator is MENT to know a lot about the story.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    There is a tendency to trust the narrator when they start out, then begin questioning them after the 3rd or so appearance ;) I'm suspicious of him too, but I don't think we really have any evidence yet for who or what he may be.
  • edited May 2010
    He wears a cape and white gloves in episode 302. Not unlike the phantom of the opera.
  • edited May 2010
    I think your arguments would point him more to the direction of being the devil.(Satan maybe?)
    But I agree, there's more to the narrator than meets the eye.
  • edited May 2010
    transformer
  • edited May 2010
    He does look a bit like that ventriloquist's dummy..
  • edited May 2010
    In the end of the forth Episode, I was thinking where he says an epic line and then it's cut off followed by a guy pulling the strings up and the Narrator stops talking cause he's a puppet! And the person controlling the puppet will be the true villian of the game.
  • edited May 2010
    The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

Kinda sounds like something the narrator would say, doesn't it?
  • edited May 2010
    hmmmm, coincidentally, i have been thinking of names for a game about cthulu in another thread. like "cthulu's hemorrhoids", "tales of cthulu island" etc
  • edited May 2010
    Whoah I love the puppet idea...it would explain a lot AND it would also allow him to be the villain for one of the episodes without him being the main villain.

But who could be controlling him?
  • edited May 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Whoah I love the puppet idea...it would explain a lot AND it would also allow him to be the villain for one of the episodes without him being the main villain.

But who could be controlling him?

The Soda Poppers? *gets shot*
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, the Narrator
    gets sacrificed to the Giant's Wife in act two in place of Jack.
    Oh wait, were we talking about Sam and Max? I think he's the lounge singer at a Rat Pack themed club in the Meatpacking District.
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Actually, the Narrator
    gets sacrificed to the Giant's Wife in act two in place of Jack.
    Oh wait, were we talking about Sam and Max? I think he's the lounge singer at a Rat Pack themed club in the Meatpacking District.

And thus does "My 1st Sausage Stuffer" come to be of grave importance.

Edit: And on a topic of lesser frivolity,
    anybody note that Sammun-Mak looks a helluva lot like Charlie Ho-tep.
  • edited May 2010
    richforce wrote: »
    The Soda Poppers? *gets shot*

*blows smoke from gun barrel* :cool:

That's right, I'm the shooter. Never mention the **** Poppers again.
  • edited May 2010
    I think the idea that the narrator is being controlled is interesting - I think Baby Amelia might be hiding something as well. The Yog Soggoth note which it seems she left behind and her motive for stealing the toybox weren't explained.

Perhaps she's controlling him?
  • edited May 2010
    I thought Jurgen left that note behind.
  • edited June 2010
    Rise and shine, Sam & Max.

Rise and shine...
  • edited June 2010
    Rise and shine, Sam & Max.

Rise and shine...

Now that you mention it he DOES sound like G-Man from Half-Life.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.